The PLASmatic Music Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immortal Technique Revolutionary 1 and 2- These 2 CDs are hands down the best CDs I have ever had the pleasure to listen to. I never thought i would say this but Immortal Technique is the best lyracist ive ever heard. yes, better than Tupac. Ive never heard anything like him. Check it out at www.immortaltechnique.com you can listen to the tracks.

so, right now I'm listening to Interpol, another great band, I've wanted to make a write up on them for a while, but I don't have any of their album completed

eh, they're ok i guess. i always feel like i like "parts" of their songs.
they're a bit heavier on the style than the substance.

book of edd said:
Anybody do a write-up of Radiohead yet?
I guess that by now I should have made an OK Computer write up

but you can check the thread

...and do one if there isn't one

or just do one, nobody's stopping you

give it a try, neither am I but I do them

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Take Them On, On Your Own

here we have the kind of band whose name describes just the way it sounds: dark, bad ash, in your face, noisy and fresh.
these guys sound very british, kinda like a combination between The Rolling Stones and The Jesus And Mary Chain, combining bluesy licks and street-smart attitude with fuzzed-out guitar and bass figures and some pretty catchy vocal hooks... yet, they manage to not sound outdated or hockey, neither do they sound like copies of the bands that have clearly influenced them. they've manged to succeed and develop where bands like Oasis just got stuck and couldn't contribute much more: they've taken elements of old and morphed them into something wholy new.
this is the kind of album you want to listen while on a road trip to who-knows-where. Each track has its own atmosphere and mood, yet, by listening to the whole album you find consistency and continuity. This is a band that has managed to come up with their own unique sound.
BRMC also have enough guts to roll off the high levels of bad assness and actually slow down their set to a more melancholy mood on songs like Shades Of Blue... nevertheless, not loosing the whole rebelious stance.
groovy music, memorable songs, well thought arrengements and like said before lots of attitude, they might not be as though as their namesake (Marlon Brando's gang from the movie The Wild One) but they sure pull it off on this album

Weapons of Choice: Stop, Generation, In Like The Rose, US Goverment

yup, Wendy O' Williams and The Plasmatics

I had a huge crush on her when I was 8

Oh yeah. She comitted suicide a few years back. That's pretty sad.

large_cover_wow_re.jpg

Heh heh. Look who produced her album.

I'm stoned again, like last week :(
and the music now is btter
damn you BRMC

I'm listening to my 80's CD at the moment. Current Song:

Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung

MarvelMovies said:
I'm not sure how I found this song.. but it started playing on Winamp right now..

It's called Lost Horizon by BlueMonk..

It's just a musical thing... but it sounds cool..

:D
You mean Instrumental music? What style? Techno? Heavy Metal?

im listening too keane a british band there pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back