The President Trump Thread

L33CHem

Civilian
Reaction score
Discussed with some moderators if it was time for an official President Trump thread - and seems to be okay. I guess my view would be I understand we have a pretty vocal anti Trump group here, but I think there are some willing to give a chance and see how it pans how. Discussion of policies and decision making, rather than just rants could be a nice change of pace ;) Let's see what he can do as President. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but I'm going to have some hope that maybe some positive things can be accomplished. :up: A lot of the same people voted for him, previously voted President Obama, so maybe some good comes out of our new President. Just not ready to condemn the entire scope of Presidency from campaign shenanigans.

Dude. You're going to find few willing to give the loser a chance. It's you, Chaestar (I think), Marvel something, and one (or two) other dudes. Outside of that - haven't seen anyone ever here. Basically this site is one of the safe zones of the net.

And rants? The guy as well as his cabinet has personally come after us and our families, those belonging to minority groups, while scaring those from working class backgrounds as well. Emperor Trumpentine was the first one to make it personal, not all the posters on here who would rather not be forced into a corner of having to struggle against a President and army of deplorables for survival.

There was a positives Trump thread, that too basically everyone could agree - very little and mostly just joke answers. This will become the same.

Because unlike you, the majority here are either offended by Trump, and his cabinet, or in fear. His "campaign shenanigans" has made life more dangerous for a lot of people.

Last edited:
I, for one, welcome two distinct and separate threads with which to make fun of our new horrible president and his swamp-thing list of cronies he's enlisting to help run this country into the ground for the next 4 years.

I propose we use this "President Trump" thread to talk about all the horrible things he does in an official capacity and the old Trump thread to discuss the myriad of horrible business things he'll be doing with all of his conflicts of interest as a businessman/President.

I'm sure we will have more than enough post to fill both threads for the next 4 years without a problem.

Dude. You're going to find few willing to give the loser a chance. It's you, Chaestar (I think), Marvel something, and one (or two) other dudes. Outside of that - haven't seen anyone ever here. Basically this site is one of the safe zones of the net.

And rants? The guy as well as his cabinet has personally come after us and our families, those belonging to minority groups, while scaring those from working class backgrounds as well. Emperor Trumpentine was the first one to make it personal, not all the posters on here who would rather not be forced into a corner of having to struggle against a President and army of deplorables for survival.

There was a positives Trump thread, that too basically everyone could agree - very little and mostly just joke answers. This will become the same.

Because unlike you, the majority here are either offended by Trump, and his cabinet, or in fear. His "campaign shenanigans" has made life more dangerous for a lot of people.
Chaseter what?

I didn't vote Trump. I thought he was going to lose. I more so enjoy battling the collective liberal hive mind on here but I stay consistent in my views. I don't think Trump is the end of the world and he really has no control over the next economic crash, which will happen within the next 10 years regardless of who is in the Oval Office. People that fear social holocausts are overreacting. These are the people that need safe spaces and and cries after the election. That's where we are.

pps: I'm independent with a mix of everything. I have no political party. I would have voted Bernie just to see him shake up the system. There's no way in hell he would have been able to do most of what he yelled...same for Trump. Trump is already flip flopping. You charge up the base because they are the passionate voters.

Last edited:
Thus, "I think".

Nothing about safe spaces or cries, rather fighting when it's a fact that hate crimes have increased and Trump doesn't show any letting up in the rhetoric that has led us to this point. I don't get all this crying going on personally, crying never solves anything - being proactive and vocal does. As for a social "holocaust"? No way, at worst a civil war because while Trump and cabinet of deplorables are regressive as hell - the people at large aren't, my faith's in the people.

We agree surprisingly at both being independents who would have voted for Bernie.

Last edited:
At the moment, we already have a 75% Pence presidency anyway...

At the moment, we already have a 75% Pence presidency anyway...

Very true. All a Trump impeachment would do is take his teeny tiny hands off the nuke button. All the horrible conservative policies that have been put in place will stay with Mike Pence.

Carrier just showed corporations how to beat Donald Trump

Today, about 1,000 Carrier workers and their families should be rejoicing. But the rest of our nation’s workers should be very nervous.

President-elect Donald Trump will reportedly announce a deal with United Technologies, the corporation that owns Carrier, that keeps less than 1,000 of the 2100 jobs in America that were previously scheduled to be transferred to Mexico. Let’s be clear: It is not good enough to save some of these jobs. Trump made a promise that he would save all of these jobs, and we cannot rest until an ironclad contract is signed to ensure that all of these workers are able to continue working in Indiana without having their pay or benefits slashed.

In exchange for allowing United Technologies to continue to offshore more than 1,000 jobs, Trump will reportedly give the company tax and regulatory favors that the corporation has sought. Just a short few months ago, Trump was pledging to force United Technologies to “pay a damn tax.” He was insisting on very steep tariffs for companies like Carrier that left the United States and wanted to sell their foreign-made products back in the United States. Instead of a damn tax, the company will be rewarded with a damn tax cut. Wow! How’s that for standing up to corporate greed? How’s that for punishing corporations that shut down in the United States and move abroad?

In essence, United Technologies took Trump hostage and won. And that should send a shock wave of fear through all workers across the country.

Trump has endangered the jobs of workers who were previously safe in the United States. Why? Because he has signaled to every corporation in America that they can threaten to offshore jobs in exchange for business-friendly tax benefits and incentives. Even corporations that weren’t thinking of offshoring jobs will most probably be re-evaluating their stance this morning. And who would pay for the high cost for tax cuts that go to the richest businessmen in America? The working class of America.

Let’s be clear. United Technologies is not going broke. Last year, it made a profit of $7.6 billion and received more than $6 billion in defense contracts. It has also received more than $50 million from the Export-Import Bank and very generous tax breaks. In 2014, United Technologies gave its former chief executive Louis Chenevert a golden parachute worth more than $172 million. Last year, the company’s five highest-paid executives made more than $50 million. The firm also spent $12 billion to inflate its stock price instead of using that money to invest in new plants and workers.

Does that sound like a company that deserves more corporate welfare from our government? Trump’s Band-Aid solution is only making the problem of wealth inequality in America even worse.

I said I would work with Trump if he was serious about the promises he made to members of the working class. But after running a campaign pledging to be tough on corporate America, Trump has hypocritically decided to do the exact opposite. He wants to treat corporate irresponsibility with kid gloves. The problem with our rigged economy is not that our policies have been too tough on corporations; it’s that we haven’t been tough enough.

We need to re-instill an ethic of corporate patriotism. We need to send a very loud and clear message to corporate America: The era of outsourcing is over. Instead of offshoring jobs, the time has come for you to start bringing good-paying jobs back to America.

If United Technologies or any other company wants to keep outsourcing decent-paying American jobs, those companies must pay an outsourcing tax equal to the amount of money it expects to save by moving factories to Mexico or other low-wage countries. They should not receive federal contracts or other forms of corporate welfare. They must pay back all of the tax breaks and other corporate welfare they have received from the federal government. And they must not be allowed to reward their executives with stock options, bonuses or golden parachutes for outsourcing jobs to low-wage countries. I will soon be introducing the Outsourcing Prevention Act, which will address exactly that.

If Donald Trump won’t stand up for America’s working class, we must.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...onald-trump/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.01fd953a9cd2

Haha this is so funny and so, so sad at the same time.

Trump Taps Iran Hawk Retired Gen. James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis For Defense Secretary

President-elect Donald Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis to lead the Defense Department, he announced Thursday in Ohio.

The pick was first reported by The Washington Post and CNN, which cited anonymous sources, but Trump spokesman Jason Miller later tweeted that “no decision has been made yet” for the open post.

Trump said Mattis’ appointment would be announced Monday, and told a rally crowd: “Don’t tell anyone.”

“I want to save the suspense for next week. I won’t tell you. I refuse to tell you,” he said.

The 66-year old general, whose nicknames include “Mad Dog” and “Warrior Monk,” was unexpectedly replaced as head of U.S. Central Command in 2013 amid disagreements with the Obama administration over his aggressive posture toward Iran. According to Foreign Policy, Mattis “pushed the civilians so hard on considering the second- and third-order consequences of military action” against the Iranian regime.

Mattis will face a legal obstacle if he decides to take the job. Federal law prohibits commissioned officers from serving as secretary of defense until seven years after active duty. Congress passed the law in 1950, after Gen. George C. Marshall was appointed to the job. The spirit of the law meant to ensure civilian control over the military ― often seen as a tradition among liberal democracies.

Congress will need to pass legislation exempting Mattis from the statute ― a task that ought to be easy for Republicans, who control both chambers.

Mattis has already shown some ability to influence the president-elect, who often spoke of his affinity for generals like George Patton on the campaign trail. This month, after Trump and Mattis met in New Jersey, Trump said he was “very impressed” with Mattis’ answer on waterboarding.

“’He said, “I’ve never found it to be useful,”’ Trump said during an interview with reporters and editors of The New York Times.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58409206e4b0c68e047fdd68

I feel that it doesn't matter if Trump does a decent job. He already alienated too many people from campaigning. Even if you were to make right moves in such a position, those that opposed would not be able to accept Trump.

I feel that it doesn't matter if Trump does a decent job. He already alienated too many people from campaigning. Even if you were to make right moves in such a position, those that opposed would not be able to accept Trump.

I feel this is less and less of an issue. If this period of being president-elect is any indiction (which it usually is) Trump is going to be a very bad president, who will probably be impeached before his first term is out.

I feel this is less and less of an issue. If this period of being president-elect is any indiction (which it usually is) Trump is going to be a very bad president, who will probably be impeached before his first term is out.

Hopefully impeached, but then we're stuck with Pence either way we're f-ed. "God save the President, the fascist regime (The Sex Pistols)."

Carrier employees probably liking him now. :hehe:

big deal, he could grow the gdp 15% and that won't make him any more qualified on foreign affairs. he will promote and say things he doesn't even mean and you know that's true. whatever garners attention to pull off some kind of deal he will do. that works in business maybe but can't do that as president. saying crazy twitter remarks to pull off agendas ain't gonna fly long term

him getting positive economic results doesn't make us safer in grand scope from foreign threats. i think his end game is going to be showing off that he makes job growth, and can brag about how smart he is. all the meanwhile in improving economy he pisses off other leaders from forcing fairer trade deals, and probably lacking in diplomacy. then eventually foreign threats get worse even if us economy improves. don't scoff, there could be bad things ahead if trump actually succeeds with economy in us. he'll pull whatever he can to make deals and remember that.

Exactly a successful Trump is the scary Trump, that's what will give him more power and leeway for his more radical beliefs. It's the one thing holocaust survivors have warned us to be wary of. I trust my elders.

And if he has no actual radical beliefs, and is not the ideologue like many even fully against Trump admit?

he doesn't need to have radical beliefs to be dangerous. lack of experience, and anything to make a deal will be dangerous, even if unknowingly. that's the scariest part. he is in over his head dealing with foreign leaders. he may make deals that improve our wallets even, but not consider if increasing rise of foreign threats in doing so. literally is not going to look at all angles of a situation if he gets the deal that he wants. if he gets numbers he is happy with that's all that will matter to him. all the meanwhile building foreign hatred towards us and well - it could end up pretty bad.

And if he has no actual radical beliefs, and is not the ideologue like many even fully against Trump admit?

You may choose not to see it but his rhetoric and his cabinet picks tells most all they need to, since there is an obvious common theme.

It's not a choice like actively not seeing something that someone wiser is able to. It's a different perspective in interpreting observations of him. My view if that like President Obama said, Trump is not an ideologue. Also could have chosen people for their knowledge and know how to work in cabinet, where even if they have an ideology it won't matter to Trump. He may just be going for results and not really care. Again that could be negative in some ways, but the overstating and comparisons to Hitler who had clear ideological ways is kind of over the top. I don't think a wait and see approach is ignoring possibilities of areas to worry about either.

Last edited:
Here's where the business thing falls apart, there are many more qualified OR just as qualified Republicans he could select from. You have to ask since that is the case, why specifically those people? Like in a business, we can see the company culture being formed. It's not one or two odd Ducks, but a constant string of them that match up with his rhetoric.

Last edited:
It could just be that he picked who he felt were the most qualified, and if they are loyal supporters of him he feels they will do the job.

It could just be that he picked who he felt were the most qualified, and if they are loyal supporters of him he feels they will do the job.

As said one or two odd ducks that's passable, an army of deplorables bending to his beck and will around his backwards rhetoric that's showing clear "company culture."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"