Justice League The Princess Diana/Wonder Woman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right, but I've seen people here suggesting Hayley Atwell, Richard Armitage, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba and Jaimie Alexander for various characters, so you know...

Yeah u could be right too. Maybe theyll be OK with it, but i really do think they're gonna be stupid about this and immediately turn the other cheek to talent like Atwell, Hall, Elba, Pearce just because of the whole "Avengers universe" thing. They're all playing small characters in the solo films only, so it shouldnt be a problem. But i just see WB turning away.

It's certainly possible that could happen. But WB didn't have any issues with using Reynolds in GL after he did Blade and Wolverine, and Marvel used Evans after he did The Losers, so it might all be okay. I think that both sides realize that success for superhero films in general bodes well for both of them, so I don't think either one would have an issue with using the right actor, regardless of what he/she has done previously.

i like hall but she comes across as more of a love interest to me personally but maybe the town has clouded my mind

I wouldn't mind if she did a fan dance. :sus

nichelle-nichols_288x288.jpg

Yeah but there's a difference between a Marvel comics character/movie like Blade or Wolverine...and then the world of Avengers (marvel studios).

I think Xena's armor would be a good reference point for a live-action Wonder Woman costume.

http://mydisguises.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/xena01.jpg

FOUND IT!

It would be, but then they are afraid of the character copying Xena or anything to do with Xena but it isnt a bad thing. She was one of the biggest femalecharacters of the 90s and is known by basically everyone. Lucy Lawless wouldve made such a perfect WW back then aswell, hell she still does if they wanted the character to be older.

There's always Kingdom Come... or she could voice her in an animated film.

my top 3 choices for WW and either one would be great and all 3 great actors who are young enough for origins stories

Hayley Atwell - 30
esq-hayley-atwell-1-0811-lg.jpg

Emily Blunt - 29
emily-blunt-manhattan-mag-467.jpg

Gemma Artreton - 26
24zeh3q.jpg

Gemma-Arterton-03.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't mean to lash out at you there over the Ashley Greene thing... I'm still a bit reactionary because there was this guy over on the Superman boards who was suggesting her every five minutes for Lois Lane and then he complained all to hell when Amy Adams was cast. Anyway...

I don't think being in Iron Man 3 necessarily rules Rebecca Hall out. It might, but she isn't playing a superhero or a character that would don a costume (at least not if they follow the comics). And with so many other characters in that movie, my guess is her role, while surely substantial, won't be huge.

Gemma, well yeah, if you're basing it off of Prince of Persia or Crap of the Titans, I could understand why you wouldn't be impressed with her. But check her out in The Disappearance of Alice Creed and I think you'll see that she's a good actress. Though I'll admit, I'm not totally convinced she's right for Wonder Woman either. But I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

Hahaaha, no, I understand.

I see Gemma Arterton definitely having the Wonder Woman image down. Also, since she has a track record for portraying strong women, I wouldn't mind her playing Princess Diana. :up:

my top 3 choices for WW and either one would be great and all 3 great actors who are young enough for origins stories

Hayley Atwell - 30
esq-hayley-atwell-1-0811-lg.jpg

Emily Blunt - 29
emily-blunt-manhattan-mag-467.jpg

Gemma Artreton - 26
24zeh3q.jpg

Gemma-Arterton-03.jpeg

All good choices. Gemma would be the best of the 3, imo.

yeah but i think emily blunt would bring the most prestige to the role

imagine ww starring emily blunt as WW and ryan gosling as Steve Trevor!!!:woot:
2010+amfAR+Cinema+Against+AIDS+Gala+Show+041AnmRJkrwl.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah she could probably kick his *ss. :o

Ryan Gosling shouldn't be wasted on a lame character like Steve Trevor.

well he has no interest in a super hero role due to acting against green screen and if portman and levitt can play not super interesting complex characters in their comic book films i see why not

i can see him doing it if refn gets the gig

Just so we're clear. The guy has declared zero interest in a superhero role, so the logical conclusion being drawn here is that he WILL have interest in a superhero love-interest role?

2rr9dnm.jpg

you are under the impression he only does oscar dramas or something
crazy-stupid-love-movie-photo-steve-carell-ryan-gosling.jpg

he has no interest in super hero films not because they arent good or that they are below his talents but because he does'nt trust in his acting ability to act against something thats not there aka a green screen like green lantern

you are under the impression he only does oscar dramas or something
You are under the false impression that I'm under that impression.

he has no interest in super hero films not because they arent good or that they are below his talents but because he does'nt trust in his acting ability to act against something thats not there aka a green screen like green lantern
Changing his role in the movie doesn't change the fact that the movie's still an FX-heavy blockbuster. Green screens are a given. Steve Trevor's not just gonna hang out in his apartment the whole time.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to this interview where Gosling said he'd never do a superhero role? I'm not saying it doesn't exist... I just always here people talk about it but I've never found anything.

And while he might not like acting against a green screen, he has played a superhero of sorts... I believe Refn said that the story of the Driver is intended to play out like a superhero story.

Gosling shall join them, he cannot deny the call forever. :palps:

Haha, yeah. I hope that he does play a superhero at some point. He's one of the few actors in his age range that has the required intensity to play a Batman-type character. He'd also make a good Daredevil.

Ryan Gosling shouldn't be wasted on a lame character like Steve Trevor.

He is only boring if you dont know how to write him as interesting. He is a major improvment in the new 52, and wasnt bad in the WW animated movie.

Very well, but damn it, a love interest is still a love interest. If Gosling shows up in a superhero movie, I want him to either be a superhero or supervillain.

Ummm... no? He wasn't a love interest and (I'm assuming you saw the movie) even though he didn't put on a costume, there's plenty of implications that he will at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"