The Professor's choice... His mistakes regarding Jean Grey

I understood his choice because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of one, but I dont really agree with what he did. He should have been training her to use her powers not cutting them off at the knees, and yes he saw what could happen if she didnt have control of her powers but the future is not always certian. In X2 Professor X talks about how she was hesitant to use her powers but that could be because most of the time he was shutting her down when she wanted to step up and use them. Plus it seems as if he put the blocks there without her knowing and honestly that would piss me off too.

I think we're in agreement here; just like Rogue or even Magneto. I understand why they made the choices they did, but that doesn't mean they made the right one.

Very true. Magneto was taking the "lets attack them before they attack us approach" which is understandable.

But the Professor messed with Jean's mind and that's a big problem. Given the kind of character Jean is I think that if he had told her that the blocks were only temporary and that he was going to teach her to REALLY develop her powers she would have let him put them on her powers but since he just did it it's weird personal space invasion. I think that someone had said before that he seemed to have a God complex, which I did see when watching X3.

Sometimes when you're committed to a cause, anything you do in the name of said cause is justified. At least in your mind it is.

PowersOfMind said:
I understood his choice because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of one, but I dont really agree with what he did. He should have been training her to use her powers not cutting them off at the knees, and yes he saw what could happen if she didnt have control of her powers but the future is not always certian. In X2 Professor X talks about how she was hesitant to use her powers but that could be because most of the time he was shutting her down when she wanted to step up and use them. Plus it seems as if he put the blocks there without her knowing and honestly that would piss me off too.
So many of you are right. I don't know who to pick! But this is absolutely true. But then again we seen how at the beggining of x2 when the tv's was flickering on and off that she couldn't control her powers then neither. But that was thr Professor's fualt too soo..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"