The Reign of the Thread of The Reign of Doomsday

Ah, that makes sense. She was a big player back then (well... I don't think it was THIS Supergirl but yeah).

“Doomsday is one of the most popular villains in Superman’s canon of foes,” says Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras, “He injects a feeling of dread and chaos into the DC Universe that few other characters can.”

Where is he getting this information...I cant tell you the last time I met someone and they liked Doomsday...

I like Doomsday. If you skip all the Imperiax crap and just see him disappearing after Death of Superman and returning in JLA and then in Villains United, he's pretty enjoyable.

I like Doomsday. If you skip all the Imperiax crap and just see him disappearing after Death of Superman and returning in JLA and then in Villains United, he's pretty enjoyable.

But to do that you are leaving out a lot of his back-story and appearances...I like the character in theory...but they really know know what to do with him and most of his appearances are horribly done...hopefully this is the one time they actually get him right and make him a viable villain that people will want to see...

His appearance in the Villains United annual was a neat cliffhanger

The only Doomsday I liked was Kid Doomsday from Young Justice. That whole scenario would make for an awesome nemesis for Superboy.

Posted this in the Superman thread, but it's relevant here:

899 issues later, and Superman is right back where he belongs, and he's got some surprising company.
DC Comics announced today via their blog The Source that with the Man of Steel's return to "Action Comics" in this April's 900th issue, a host of big name talent will help round out the now 96-page anniversary special. On top of the already announced 50-page main feature by current team of Paul Cornell and Pete Woods, the comic will contain contributions from "Superman: The Movie" director Richard Donner, incoming Superman movie screenwriter David Goyer and "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof. And on top of two covers by David Finch and Alex Ross, the book will also see an Adam Hughes cover contribution.
"Action" #900 also marks an end of many sorts as aside from concluding the period where Superman was kept out of books outside his eponymous title due to J. Michael Straczynski's "Grounded" story line, it will be the final chapter in DC's just begun "Reign of Doomsday" crossover.
For more on the issue's particulars, check out The Source, and stay tuned to CBR in the weeks ahead for an inside look at "Reign of Doomsday."

I hope it's a panel of Superman knocking Doomsday out nonchalantly and then continues fighting Luthor.

Last edited:
I hope he knocks him into the sun, and he takes over the sun, and becomes Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"