The Remnant

roach

I am the night
Reaction score
For millenia various forces of evil have threatened the universe. The Universe in response created beings capable of defending it much like the body creates antibodies to stave off infection and disease. Wendell Vaughn is one of these universal antibodies. He is the wielder of the Quantum bands and proclaimed Protector of the Universe under the name Quasar.
Quasar flies through space sheathed within a golden forcefield. It has been a quiet patrol until his Quantum Bands come alive.

Bands:Incoming transmission from Sterett 5."
Quasar:"Lets here it."
Bands:"Quasar, praise the program, I am planetary minister Lassro of Sterett 5. We require your assistance."
Quasar:" What can I help you with, minister."
Bands:"A derelict spacecraft of considerable size is on a collission course with my planet."
Quasar:"I am on my way."

A Quantum jumpgate opens and deposits Quasar in the upper atmosphere of Sterett 5. A large rectangular ship is bearing down on the planet.
Quasar:"Analysis"
Bands:"Vessel is 19 kilometers long, displacement 250,000 tons. Registering over 20,000 life forms."
Quasar:"Sheesh time for some heavy lifting."

Quasar gestures and a golden beam of energy emits from his bands and forms a circular shell around the ship. Quasar braces himself and pushes into the quantum construct. After a few minutes the vessel comes to rest 100 yards from Quasar.

Bands:The vessel is in a stable orbit."

Quasar:"Whew lets have a look inside."

Quasar approaches an airlock which opens automaticly. The hatch closes behind him as the room lights up.

Bands:"Oxygen levels are at human standards."

Quasar enters a passageway. A sign points the way to the bridge.
Quasar:"Alright lets go say hi to Captain Kirk."

After a few minutes he enters the bridge. The lights flicker on revealing a bloodied Uatu, the Watcher laying against the helm console. Quasar rushes to his side.

Bands:"Entity Uatu the Watcher near death. Insufficient means to prevent death."
Uatu's eyes open slowly.

Uatu:"We...were...taken by...surprise. Too busy....didnt...see...them coming...until too late."
Quasar:"What happened?"
Uatu:"Badoon and...Dire Wraiths. Joined forces....finished...what the Skrulls...started. Last remnant of....earth onboard...all I could save."
Quasar:"What happened to Earth?"
Uatu:"Gone...you must protect...them...I sense...Badoon warcraft approaching....protect......."
With one last gasp Uatu the Watcher dies.
Bands:"Detecting a fleet of Badoon warships approachin via hyperspace. Arrival in 30 minutes."
Quasar sits at the helm console and activates the navicomputer.
Bands:"Reccommended course of action:Hide within the Red Teres nebula."
Quasar punches the information into the computer. Four massive engines come to life. The ship turns and heads into the nebula...just as the Badoon fleet drops out of hyperspace. The fleet consists of one Carrier, four Destroyers and three Frigates. Several interceptor craft launch from the carrier.
Quasar:"Looks like we might be here for a while."
Quasar touches a button that releases the gravametric anchor.
Quasar:"Now lets go meet earth's survivors."

Meanwhile onboard the Badoon carrier stands Thutmose, warchief of the Badoon star Empire. He stands before the viewport staring into space.

Thutmose:"Long range scan!"
Sensor tech:"Warchief, Our scanners are clear. However this is where the coordinates lead to. The humans cant..."
The sensor technicians head falls to the deck as Warchief Thutmose returns his blade to it's sheath.
Thutmose:"I neither asked or required your advice."
Two badoon quickly remove the body and begin to clean the mess. Another badoon enters the bridge and sits at the sensor console.
Thutmose:"Find them."
Sensor Tech:"Yes Warchief."
Another badoon walks up to the Warchief Thutmose. He is his aide, Ktan.
Ktan:"My lord there is the nebula. Perhaps the earthlings hide in there...it is there nature."
Thutmose:"Deploy the fleet around the nebula. They will not escape us."

Quasar makes his way down to the suspended animation deck. A computer screen comes to life as he approaches.
Quasar:"Find Steve Rogers."
Computer:"Person not found."
Quasar:"Tony Stark."
Computer:"Person not found."
Quasar:"Any Avengers?"
Computer:"Three members of the organization designated Avengers onboard. Deactivatin stasis pods."
The room comes alive as conveyor move the stasis pods until three pods are depositied in front of Quasar. The first pod opens to reveal Monica Rambeau. She sits up and looks around.
Rambeau:"What happened?"
Quasar:"I was hoping you could tell me."
Rambeau:"Where are we?"
Before the question can be answered the second pod opens and Julia Carpenter leaps from the pod and onto the wall.Her black and white costume is tattered and shows signs that she was in a fight.
Spiderwoman:Where's my daughter?"
The last pod opens and Josiah X emerges.
Josiah X:"This cant be good."
Monica Rambeau goes to Spiderwoman's side.

Quasar:"What do you remember?"
Josiah X:"Not much. Something big happened then everything went dark."
Quasar:"Thats about as much as I got from the Watcher. Found him on the bridge. He died."
Josiah X:"Who?"
Quasar:"Oh yeah sorry. Think of him as the cosmic neighborhood watch for our galaxy."

While searching for her daughter a frantic Spiderwoman hits the stasis release for all the pods. At the same time 18,000 people emerge from their stasis pods.
Quasar:"Oh boy."

Monica Rambeau grabs Spiderwoman and slams her into a bulkhead.
Rambeau:"Calm down. Right now you are making things worse. We will find your daughter but I need you to relax. Can you do that for me?"
Spiderwoman nods.

A half hour later Quasar and Monica Rambeau stand on the bridge of the ship.
Quasar:"So do I call you Photon or Captain Marvel?"
Rambeau:"I dont know. Anyway Josiah and Julia are getting everyone situated in the living spaces they found. Its gonna be a long process."
Quasar:"Tell me about it. Well I think our best bet is to make a run for Shi'ar space."
Rambeau:"I'd like to know more about the ship before we test its capabilities."
A voice rings out from behind them.
Voice:"I think I can help with that."
They turn to see Madison Jeffries and Issac Christians aka Gargoyle entering the bridge.
Gargoyle:"Julia sent us."
Rambeau:"Good to see you guys."
Monica turns to Quasar.
Rambeau:"This is Madison Jeffires of Alpha Flight. He can manipulate metal and plastics...pretty much remake this ship into anything we want."
Gargoyle:"...and I am the Gargoyle. Look we dont have much time. I am sensing powerful magicks being brought to bear against us. I sense...Dire Wraiths."
Alarms go off on the ship.
Computer:"Boarders portside forward frame 16 level 47."
Rambeau:"Im back to Captain Marvel."
Captain Marvel converts to an energy form and races to the scene of the attack.

Once there she sees a boarding party of 30 Dire Wraiths and Badoon emerging from a portal. She attacks. Quasar, Madison Jeffries and Gargoyle appear behind Captain Marvel via a teleportation spell conjured by Gargoyle. They too join the battle. Turrets emerge from the bulkheads and deck commanded by Jeffries. Quasar summons his quantum broadsword and joins the fight hacking and blasting his foes. Gargoyle sits and begins spell casting.

Gargoyle:"They are trying to open more portals. I can stop them but we need to find the Wraith keeping this one open."

Josiah X leaps over Gargoyle and enters the battle. Jeffries tosses him a small device. A blue energy shield comes alive in Josiah's hands.

Josiah X:"Thanks"
Spiderwoman swings into the scene as more of the Badoon and Dire Wraiths flood the space from the portal.
Spiderwoman:"What I miss?"
Madison:"One of these uglies got his foot in the door keeping it open. We got to find him."

One of the Dire Wraiths hides in an adjacent room using its magic to keep the portal open. It hears movement behind it and turns. Too late as its head is separated from it's shoulders. The portal begins to fade as the remaining Wraiths and Badoon retreat.
A Japanese man enters the room a katana in one hand and a Dire Wraith head in the other.
Man:"He will trouble you no longer."
Quasar:"Thanks....."
Man:"Kenuichio Harada. You know me as the Silver Samurai."
The others begin to tense up and assume fighting stances.
Silver Samurai:" I come in peace. The time for petty squabbles for power is over."
He kneels before Quasar.
Silver Samurai:"I offer you my blade and my life in defense of humanity."
Quasar:"Um...sure.C'mon get up. You'er embarassing me."
Gargoyle:"The wards are in place. They wont be able to teleport onboard again."
Gargoyle teleports them to the bridge.
Captain Marvel:"Well we need to figure out what we are going to do now."
A shadowy figure sits in the pilots seat. He turns to face the others.
Voice:"I think first we need to decide who is in charge."
The Leader is revealled.

TO BE CONTINUED

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back