The Reviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Kargo Warrior, Jun 19, 2007.

1. liesse00 Registered

C+ nothing special. Visual and special effects were good thats about it, but I'm glad most of you are enjoying it.

2. Cth Registered

Me too!!!!

OMG!!

[​IMG]

:p

3. terry78 I'm not cap'n crunch, fool

^I love how they're all just shooting upwards and not even looking at what they're aiming at. A classic pose.

4. KenK Registered

Isn't that UNICRON ABOVE THEIR FREAKIN' HEADS?!?

5. Benstamania Go away.

I always thought that poster looked like the original Star Wars poster.

6. ArmyDragon92A Registered

The movie was ass.

SFX were great. Representation of Prime as a Comedian was horrible. Since when does he go "My Bad" and recklessly battle in a human populated area?

Since when does Megatron trump Optimus in a fight all the way through? Since when do humans have weapons that can KILL transformers? ugh. Michael Bay has ruined my 80's child hood.

7. KenK Registered

Your childhood must have been profoundly pathetic if this movie has the power to ruin it! If you think the movie sucks, the movie sucks, move on. Stop acting as if it retroactively affects whatever cherished memories you have from when you were a child. Grow a pair and grow the f*** up!

8. ArmyDragon92A Registered

WTF? I was speaking anaphorically. For you to sit here and attempt to insult my man-hood because i didn't enjoy a crap movie with a crap plot with a crap representation of one of my most cherished franchises from the 80's then it seems you're the pathetic one. How about this. How about you grow some hair on the raisins you call testicles and stop trying to seem authoritative over what people say, think or feel, eh? It'll make you seem a lot less like an ass the next time you try to make a point....which in this case you failed to do. Horrendously.

9. KenK Registered

You obviously didn't read the part of my post where I said that "if you think the movie sucks, then the movie sucks, and move on". I never said you should like the movie, or that you're wrong for not liking the movie. I'm just tired of people saying stupid s**t like "Micahel Bay ruined my childhood!" Was Transformers the only worthwhile thing in your life when you were a child? Did it really have that much of a profound effect on your life that you wouldn't be a functioning member of society today had you lived without it?

10. Cth Registered

I love that line.

I wish someone would explain exactly how their childhood is ruined for once.

The only thing I can fathom would be that they're embarassed to admit they're a Transformers fan. The originals are still there, but if you can let the film wipe out any enjoyment you had with the original, simply put you weren't a fan to begin with.

Nonsensical hyperbole.

11. ArmyDragon92A Registered

Wow. You must be the cynical police. :o

This is a review thread. I'm giving it my review , awaiting feed back, and will explain why or discuss such. It's a forum. There isn't a reason for me to act upstanding on an internet forum. I think you need to sip some Whiskey and loosen up , kid.

12. ArmyDragon92A Registered

The problem here is that I am a fan. A true and blue fan.

Optimus Prime was not in this movie.

Jazz was not in this movie.

Megatron was not in this --- well wait. No. He's the only one they got right.

Humans do not kill transformers. Transformers kill humans.

I mean...god everything with this movie was wrong ASIDE from the SFX, which were amazing. The Action was intense. But when you have to break a TRANSFORMERS movie down to say "the action rocked and it looked cool!!!" why the hell is it even a transformers movie anymore? Wheres the substance? Wheres the story? Wheres Autobots vs Decepticons? Pfah.

13. Cth Registered

If that was the case, where have you been the last 6 months while the rest of us were talking about the film?

The whole "true fan" thing is ridiculous beyond measure.

We've been going back and forth for months on both sides, and at least everyone can at least agree on that much.

Attempting to give yourself some higher credibility by claming to be a true fan is the surest sign that you have little to no point. I'd love to be proven wrong, so, can we lose the true fan thing and then we can have a rational debate?

14. KenK Registered

I'm just saying, you accused me of insulting you for not liking the movie, when I did no such thing. If you didn't like the movie, you're more than welcome to your opinion. I'm just tired of fans acting as if this film negates whatever came before it. The movie sucked, in your opinion, oh well, move the f*** on. Don't come pissin' and moanin' about your childhood being ruined!

15. arty2 He's Electrifying!!!!

Entertainment Weekly's review (positive)

16. Tempest19 Registered

Check rotten tomatoes- never expected this one for this film or any summer blockbuster for that matter- Cream of the Crop is HIGHER than all of the reviews together count! And it remains the best reviewed blockbuster of the summer.

Fckin' A man, it deserves it. Without a doubt the best movie of the summer and the past couple of summers- or at least last summer.

17. XXTBWCXX Registered

You post made me laugh.

"Michael Bay ruined my childhood."(which is one full word)

Hahahaha.

18. blk_spidey New Goblin

um... not this movie. the 2007 movie

19. SuperJediHero Registered

Another Positive review... seemed like the Reviewer really loved the Human Plot, which for me was the weaker element, but I am glad it did make some people happy.

Some people are just DIFFERENT, I suppose.

20. terry78 I'm not cap'n crunch, fool

I like how some reviewers are acting like only geeks and dorks were fans of Transformers back in the day, when it was also the jocks and cool kids as well.

21. Green Goblin 1964 Registered

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/live_free_or_die_hard/

[​IMG]
    John McClane: Piss off Fanboy.....

22. Marvin Registered

summer 07 harry knowles

spiderman/ff2/pirates = positive
    Transformers = negative

his TF review reads almost like his famous matrix review
    (what u wanted in a film is not proper review form)

23. Nivek Registered

Dude, like Harry or AICN has any credibility at this point?

24. nosebleed. Registered

Harry is so bi-polar with his reviews. I trust Moriarty and the rest of his staff 100x more than him.

25. Watson Ninja delivery girl