Transformers The Reviews Thread

C+ nothing special. Visual and special effects were good thats about it, but I'm glad most of you are enjoying it.

i have the movie guys!!

Me too!!!!

OMG!!

616CRQ92ENL._SS500_.jpg

:p

^I love how they're all just shooting upwards and not even looking at what they're aiming at. A classic pose.

Isn't that UNICRON ABOVE THEIR FREAKIN' HEADS?!?

I always thought that poster looked like the original Star Wars poster.

The movie was ass.

SFX were great. Representation of Prime as a Comedian was horrible. Since when does he go "My Bad" and recklessly battle in a human populated area?

Since when does Megatron trump Optimus in a fight all the way through? Since when do humans have weapons that can KILL transformers? ugh. Michael Bay has ruined my 80's child hood.

The movie was ass.

SFX were great. Representation of Prime as a Comedian was horrible. Since when does he go "My Bad" and recklessly battle in a human populated area?

Since when does Megatron trump Optimus in a fight all the way through? Since when do humans have weapons that can KILL transformers? ugh. Michael Bay has ruined my 80's child hood.

Your childhood must have been profoundly pathetic if this movie has the power to ruin it! If you think the movie sucks, the movie sucks, move on. Stop acting as if it retroactively affects whatever cherished memories you have from when you were a child. Grow a pair and grow the f*** up!

Your childhood must have been profoundly pathetic if this movie has the power to ruin it! If you think the movie sucks, the movie sucks, move on. Stop acting as if it retroactively affects whatever cherished memories you have from when you were a child. Grow a pair and grow the f*** up!
WTF? I was speaking anaphorically. For you to sit here and attempt to insult my man-hood because i didn't enjoy a crap movie with a crap plot with a crap representation of one of my most cherished franchises from the 80's then it seems you're the pathetic one. How about this. How about you grow some hair on the raisins you call testicles and stop trying to seem authoritative over what people say, think or feel, eh? It'll make you seem a lot less like an ass the next time you try to make a point....which in this case you failed to do. Horrendously.

WTF? I was speaking anaphorically. For you to sit here and attempt to insult my man-hood because i didn't enjoy a crap movie with a crap plot with a crap representation of one of my most cherished franchises from the 80's then it seems you're the pathetic one. How about this. How about you grow some hair on the raisins you call testicles and stop trying to seem authoritative over what people say, think or feel, eh? It'll make you seem a lot less like an ass the next time you try to make a point....which in this case you failed to do. Horrendously.

You obviously didn't read the part of my post where I said that "if you think the movie sucks, then the movie sucks, and move on". I never said you should like the movie, or that you're wrong for not liking the movie. I'm just tired of people saying stupid s**t like "Micahel Bay ruined my childhood!" Was Transformers the only worthwhile thing in your life when you were a child? Did it really have that much of a profound effect on your life that you wouldn't be a functioning member of society today had you lived without it?

I love that line.

I wish someone would explain exactly how their childhood is ruined for once.

The only thing I can fathom would be that they're embarassed to admit they're a Transformers fan. The originals are still there, but if you can let the film wipe out any enjoyment you had with the original, simply put you weren't a fan to begin with.

Nonsensical hyperbole.

You obviously didn't read the part of my post where I said that "if you think the movie sucks, then the movie sucks, and move on". I never said you should like the movie, or that you're wrong for not liking the movie. I'm just tired of people saying stupid s**t like "Micahel Bay ruined my childhood!" Was Transformers the only worthwhile thing in your life when you were a child? Did it really have that much of a profound effect on your life that you wouldn't be a functioning member of society today had you lived without it?
Wow. You must be the cynical police. :o

This is a review thread. I'm giving it my review , awaiting feed back, and will explain why or discuss such. It's a forum. There isn't a reason for me to act upstanding on an internet forum. I think you need to sip some Whiskey and loosen up , kid.

I love that line.

I wish someone would explain exactly how their childhood is ruined for once.

The only thing I can fathom would be that they're embarassed to admit they're a Transformers fan. The originals are still there, but if you can let the film wipe out any enjoyment you had with the original, simply put you weren't a fan to begin with.

Nonsensical hyperbole.
The problem here is that I am a fan. A true and blue fan.

Optimus Prime was not in this movie.

Jazz was not in this movie.

Megatron was not in this --- well wait. No. He's the only one they got right.

Humans do not kill transformers. Transformers kill humans.

I mean...god everything with this movie was wrong ASIDE from the SFX, which were amazing. The Action was intense. But when you have to break a TRANSFORMERS movie down to say "the action rocked and it looked cool!!!" why the hell is it even a transformers movie anymore? Wheres the substance? Wheres the story? Wheres Autobots vs Decepticons? Pfah.

The problem here is that I am a fan. A true and blue fan.

If that was the case, where have you been the last 6 months while the rest of us were talking about the film?

The whole "true fan" thing is ridiculous beyond measure.

We've been going back and forth for months on both sides, and at least everyone can at least agree on that much.

Attempting to give yourself some higher credibility by claming to be a true fan is the surest sign that you have little to no point. I'd love to be proven wrong, so, can we lose the true fan thing and then we can have a rational debate?

Wow. You must be the cynical police. :o

This is a review thread. I'm giving it my review , awaiting feed back, and will explain why or discuss such. It's a forum. There isn't a reason for me to act upstanding on an internet forum. I think you need to sip some Whiskey and loosen up , kid.

I'm just saying, you accused me of insulting you for not liking the movie, when I did no such thing. If you didn't like the movie, you're more than welcome to your opinion. I'm just tired of fans acting as if this film negates whatever came before it. The movie sucked, in your opinion, oh well, move the f*** on. Don't come pissin' and moanin' about your childhood being ruined!

Entertainment Weekly's review (positive)
Transformers
By Owen Gleiberman

Rating: B-

Transformers is a movie aimed squarely at the hearts of boys everywhere, though it might be more accurate to say that it's aimed at the boy who still lives inside a lot of men. For anyone who grew up with the Hasbro action figures that first appeared in 1984 (and yes, a number of those fans were girls), it's a kiddie dream come true to groove on the heavy-duty sci-fi transformations. In the movie, cars and trucks erupt and unfold, their mechanical guts spilling out, as if a trash compactor had suddenly exploded into bits and pieces, which then reassemble themselves, with miraculous speed and precision, into giant stalking robots.

At least one of these extraterrestrial machine men has a true touch of cool. His name is Optimus Prime, and he morphs out of a big rig, has a super-nifty '70s-outlaw red-flame-on-blue design, and speaks in a booming voice (by Peter Cullen, who originated the role in the Transformers cartoon series) that's like Darth Vader with a touch of Gene Simmons. The rest of the robots, who include Optimus' nice Autobot comrades as well as the grayish, looming, nasty Decepticons, are dazzling to look at but don't have much character. They're noisy, rather impersonal shape-shifting contraptions, and so is the movie, which is like a mash-up of War of the Worlds, RoboCop, The Terminator, Christine, Gremlins, Aliens, and Godzilla.

Transformers was directed by Michael Bay and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, and if the credits had been reversed, you can just imagine what a tingly buildup of wonder Spielberg might have gone for. Bay, by contrast, slams right past mystery. He loses no time assaulting the audience with gizmo fever, as a boom box on Air Force One erupts into a scissor-limbed mini-robot, a U.S. desert platoon gets attacked in Qatar by a metal scorpion, and Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf), a teenager who's all fumbly, driven hormones, gets his first car — a rusty yellow 1976 Chevy Camaro, which will soon transform itself into the trusty Autobot named Bumblebee. The movie sets up a meet-cute union between Sam and a hottie named Mikaela (Megan Fox), but she's made such a jaded princess that their buddyship has little innocence (or appeal). Like the overcooked political-military ''intrigue,'' it's just a frame, an excuse for the war of the toys. LaBeouf has the hefty job of single-handedly injecting the action with personality, and he brings it off, though without offering much variation on his nervous, hipster-squirt charm.

So why is this epic battle transpiring on Earth? The backstory of Transformers — the conflict between the Autobots and the Decepticons; the mystic cube that guides their destinies; the fact that Sam's great-great-grandfather was an Arctic explorer whose eyeglasses got imprinted with a crucial code — is the most tiresome thing about it. I wasn't always clear on the robot rules: They lumber around — and then they can fly. De-limbed by conventional weapons, they reconstitute themselves and appear to be indestructible — until they get destroyed. Bay, at heart, isn't a fantasist; he's a literal-minded maestro of demolition. But then, that serves Transformers well during its climax, a spectacular clash of the heavy metal titans, and a primal reminder of why boys love their toys.

Posted Jul 02, 2007

Check rotten tomatoes- never expected this one for this film or any summer blockbuster for that matter- Cream of the Crop is HIGHER than all of the reviews together count! And it remains the best reviewed blockbuster of the summer.

Fckin' A man, it deserves it. Without a doubt the best movie of the summer and the past couple of summers- or at least last summer.

The movie was ass.

You post made me laugh.

"Michael Bay ruined my childhood."(which is one full word)

Hahahaha.

Another Positive review... seemed like the Reviewer really loved the Human Plot, which for me was the weaker element, but I am glad it did make some people happy.

Some people are just DIFFERENT, I suppose.

For the first 90 minutes of "Transformers," Director Michael Bay forgot that he was Michael Bay. (That's a good thing.)

Maybe it's the critical mauling he's endured through the years, or maybe it was the "Team America" lyrical lashing that made him double think his love of super slow-motion explosions and close-ups of Ben Affleck's five o'clock shadow. Or maybe, it's an ironic parallel to Bay's favorite big screen upshot – and the world is actually coming to an end.

"Transformers'" robot thespians are better actors than the cast of "Armageddon." And also, sadly, "Transformers" is also probably more historically accurate than "Pearl Harbor." Both are previous bloated Bay efforts, as are "The Island" and both "Bad Boys." In fact, for 90 minutes "Transformers" is a sublime summer blockbuster exceeding even the most optimistic expectations.

Up-and-comer Shia LaBeouf is cool-headed and quick-witted. The effects – especially of the Transformers shape-changing from robots to vehicles – are among the best I've seen. And somehow, this movie about throwback toys was apparently a nostalgic sleeper cell of enjoyable dorky mayhem. For 90 minutes.

For the remaining 54 minutes, "Transformers" is an annoying mishmash of confusing fight scenes and unnecessary (and unsuccessful) tear-jerking moments capable of rusting the steeliest of robotic peacemakers. Of course, considering the movie is based on toy cars and cartoons from the same decade that brought us "ALF" and Swatches, what were we honestly expecting? WHAT? Whatever

While "Disturbia's" LaBeouf leads the cast, it's also steadied by Jon Voigt as the U.S. Secretary of Defense, Bernie Mac in a pretty funny cameo as a used-car salesman and one-dimensional action movie archetypes Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson as a couple of Uncle Sam's best. Megan Fox and Rachael Taylor play the resident eye candy, the former as LaBeouf's "popular girl" foil and the latter as a young NSA analyst…who likes to break the rules!

As for the plot itself, well, we don't need to waste too much time going over this. Let's just say that good robots called the Autobots (including big rig Optimus Prime and a Camaro named Bumblebee) and bad robots called the Decepticons (including super baddie Megatron and tiny terror Blackout) are both looking for something and happen to see earth as their interstellar lost-and-found. And the stupid humans get trapped in their war.

Apparently, there were several creative liberties taken by the filmmakers of "Transformers" that enraged the fan base of Transformers, aka, 20- and 30-somethings who watch the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, know who Harry Knowles is, and have still in-the-box action figures inhabiting their workplace cubicles. Some of the robots are of different sizes, shapes, make and model than their predecessors. Although many of these changes are because of marketing; don't be disappointed if you buy a Chevy and it doesn't turn into the walking, talking cousin of Kit from "Knight Rider."

But "Transformers" aficionados and movie fans alike should be pleased with Michael Bay's treatment of the toy robots. Two thirds of it is a really good trip. And I guess that makes sense; maybe the recycled pop culture phenomenon should even be a passing fad within its own movie.

I like how some reviewers are acting like only geeks and dorks were fans of Transformers back in the day, when it was also the jocks and cool kids as well.

Check rotten tomatoes- never expected this one for this film or any summer blockbuster for that matter- Cream of the Crop is HIGHER than all of the reviews together count! And it remains the best reviewed blockbuster of the summer.

Fckin' A man, it deserves it. Without a doubt the best movie of the summer and the past couple of summers- or at least last summer.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/live_free_or_die_hard/

willis%20die%20hard%204.jpg

John McClane: Piss off Fanboy.....

summer 07 harry knowles

spiderman/ff2/pirates = positive
Transformers = negative

his TF review reads almost like his famous matrix review
(what u wanted in a film is not proper review form)

Dude, like Harry or AICN has any credibility at this point?

Harry is so bi-polar with his reviews. I trust Moriarty and the rest of his staff 100x more than him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"