Transformers The Reviews Thread

All I can say is this! You can know all the spoilers in the world about this film... But until you see it, you haven't seen ****!!! It is beyond mindblowing what happens in this film! How the heck Bay managed to pull of what he has with a budget of 145 million is just unreal! It looks like a 300million dollar movie! Raimi and Singer could learn from this man!

The movie is as awesome as can be and beyond, action-wice. You just can't cope it, until you see it!!! the realationship between Sam and his car has Spielberg written all over it man! It's so great!

sweet man, now im really excited!:trans:

All I can say the opening sequence with Cullen's voice coupled with visual effects and epic music was a perfect way to start the film!

Before time began, there was the cube. We know not where it comes from only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time we lived in harmony. But like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war. A war that ravaged out planet until it was consumed by death and the cube was lost in the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy hoping to find it and rebuild are home, searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called…Earth.

But we were already too late.

visual language at it's best lol

I can't say i'm too surprised at this whole looks to real to be real angle

even when bay shoots humans or locals...theres a stark contrast and vibrant colour present that just makes things stand out
if u don't understand...just take a peek over at that superman returns trailer...it's all artificially lit green screen and then glazed over

it's like this
in FF2 it looks really real...like sitcom real
and that's fine

but in this guys films theres a golden-esque epicness to it that makes it "more real then real"

as much sense as that makes, it true

take any of these scenes and add some contrast...and natural (not shot on sound stage) sun light and maybe they wouldn't be utterly forgettable
[YT]bsx5VGvy_o4[/YT]

and

[YT]NGpJsMYc2Is[/YT]

ie

compared to(spoiler warning)

[YT]Fvwf-mYzDrI[/YT]

All I can say the opening sequence with Cullen's voice coupled with visual effects and epic music was a perfect way to start the film!

Before time began, there was the cube. We know not where it comes from only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time we lived in harmony. But like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war. A war that ravaged out planet until it was consumed by death and the cube was lost in the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy hoping to find it and rebuild are home, searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called…Earth.

that sounds way toooooo sick!!!:trans:

Couldn't agree more!!! If you became a member just to post that, it was worth it!;)

And I'll be totally honnest here... There's only one irritating and over-the-top-guy in this film, and that's Maggie's friend Glen... and of course frenchy, the little son of a *****-robot that bugged me just as much as Jar-Jar did in episode 1. But it's all forgivable (depends on who is looking at it). Shia's character Sam is just GREAT!!! He's so likable right from the start, and his character works like a charm! He shows great development in the third and final act!
You know, I had this feeling that Frenzy would be the most annoying character in the movie, but to my surprise, he wasn't (the changes to the script helped). Personally I think he's way more tolerable than Jar Jar.

All I can say is this! You can know all the spoilers in the world about this film... But until you see it, you haven't seen ****!!!
So true.

I loved Frenzy! He was vicious, dangerous and cute all at the same time. And the way he talked to Barricade about the humans really feels like he has an air of superiority to him, so like a Decepticon...

Ok ok, I guess Frenchy wasn't so bad.... Could he just shut up at times, lol!! It seems like the smaller the robot, the wackier they are:).... when I think about it, yes, he IS more tolerable than Jar Jar... dont know what I was thinking.

I loved Frenzy! He was vicious, dangerous and cute all at the same time. And the way he talked to Barricade about the humans really feels like he has an air of superiority to him, so like a Decepticon...
I agree, only I'd change the cute out with a WACKY instead;)

Seriously, the soundtrack to this film was just great!!! right away I fell in love with the song playing when the four other autobots arrive on earth!... it's just so beautiful! I usually dont make a big deal out of the music... But in this case it NEEDS to be stressed!

Megatron lines are awesome too!
My faves are:
"Then join them in extinction!" then fire his arm cannon
"You side with the weak and that is why you lose!" continues to hurl Prime across 2 city blocks
"Give me the cube boy!"
"Give me the Allspark and you may live to be my pet!"

"Speaking of, how about those robots? They are, admittedly, eye-popping creations. If nothing else"

when these reviewers have to admit stuff like that..it just makes me feel as if they've got some personal stake in all of this

Megatron lines are awesome too!
My faves are:
"Then join them in extinction!" then fire his arm cannon
"You side with the weak and that is why you lose!" continues to hurl Prime across 2 city blocks
"Give me the cube boy!"
"Give me the Allspark and you may live to be my pet!"
what about! (highlight to see)

"I know you're in here!.... I can smell you boy!"

He's scary!!!

Another thing I kept meaning to ask...

Was I the only one who found the repeated line 'Put it in my chest' increasingly annoying! Could the writers not think of alternate ways to say the same thing?

Same kind of thing goes for Sam's 'I'll never give you this Allspark!' I mean... you're holding it, kid. We know now what it is. Just say 'I'll never give IT to you!'

If someone was trying to steal my wallet, I'm not gonna scream 'I'll never give you this Fossil Front Pocket Wallet!'

Ah... the dumbness of it all, eh?

Good to see RottenTomatoes is about to go down a notch, by the way. I don't hate the film by any stretch... but it's great to see people beginning to realise what this film really is, so they don't go in trusting the filmmakers' prior claims about story, character and charm.

Let's call a spade a spade... and this spade is a heavy metal concert without lyrics but lots of pyrotechnics. No more, no less.

^actually, I can agree with you on that "put the all spark in my chest" and "I'll NEVER give you this all-spark".... I understand what you mean... I just dont have any trouble overseeing it, because of the grandness of the whole thing... I also thought it was a bit too much that just as Megatron breaks free from his "ice-prison", his first words were "I am, Megatron!"..... No ****!... and than when he first lands in the city, he ones again yells "Megatron!!!"... Dude, we know who you are.... or is he just exstremely full of him self:)???

i'm not so sure about that language part disclaimer...but maybe it's just me

for example

if ZOD asked told superman to kneel and surrender the earth

if Superman then said

"I'LL NEVER SURERENDER THIS PLANET!"
would that bother u so much

ppl talk like that about important things
(i'll never give u this child) (my child)

as far as the fallace in ur second "point"

tell me why Knocked up is in the 90 percentile?
if were gonna call spades spades..

Haven't seen 'Knocked Up' but... from what I've heard... it's a fun, witty romantic comedy for both men and women. If it's being judged on that, why wouldn't it get a high score?

This has been an ongoing theme in here: judge a film on its intention. If it succeeds in being what it set out to be, it's good. If it doesn't, it's not.

'Transformers' had a lot of publicity implying great characterisation and retaining the essence of what fans loved, while updating it to make more sense for today's audiences.

I think those who thought the intention was purely to have a wham-bam explosion-fest have been providing great reviews. Those of us who watched certain videos of the writers and Spielberg discussing the process of bringing the franchise into the realm of live action film weren't quite as impressed. Pre-release publicity like that is deceiving and happened to a great degree when the writers of 'X-Men: The Last Stand' chose to answer questions on discussion boards - though I get the impression they believed what they were saying, only to have it bastardised in the final film.

As for the Zod/Superman analogy, of course it didn't bother me. It's one alien telling another he won't sacrifice a well-known object/place and sounds natural. In 'Transformers', Sam's only recently found out about what he's holding yet speaks as though the term 'Allspark' is as everyday as the words 'it' or 'thing'. I dunno - just sounded dopey to me. And, for the record, if I was protecting my own child, I'd say 'him' or 'her' - not 'child'.

Now, if Supes had said 'I'll never surrender this planet named Earth', you might have more of a point.

Oh... and Naite, I forgot that first line from Megatron! I agree completely. It sounded so out of place... like, d'uh... Sam just said that a few times.

Why am I nitpicking the script when there clearly wasn't one? *Sigh*

They talked like that in the cartoon, so you should be fine with it. You don't want it so realistic that it gets boring.

All I can say is this! You can know all the spoilers in the world about this film... But until you see it, you haven't seen ****!!! It is beyond mindblowing what happens in this film! How the heck Bay managed to pull of what he has with a budget of 145 million is just unreal! It looks like a 300million dollar movie! Raimi and Singer could learn from this man!

The movie is as awesome as can be and beyond, action-wice. You just can't cope it, until you see it!!! the realationship between Sam and his car has Spielberg written all over it, man! It's so great!
awesome can't wait!

They talked like that in the cartoon, so you should be fine with it. You don't want it so realistic that it gets boring.

Yeah... but the cartoon was a kids' show and that campiness worked at the time.

It's not like this film's dialogue is expressed with any irony - it's said in all seriousness - so it comes across not only as boring and tedious, but extremely laughable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"