The Rock/Dwayne Johnson - The Actor

Dwayne Johnson just needs that ONE film, playing the right character, and having the right director. I would like to see him do another film with Peter Berg. Would f'ing love to see him work with Jim Cameron.

What about 'Spy Hunter'? If done right that could be HIS Terminator/ Die Hard/ etc. possibly.

Please tell me they aren't making another Be Cool.

Of all the American action stars out there right now, I think Dwayne is probably the most entertaining to watch and probably the better actor. I would consider him a very capable actor, he's got a willingness to go out there and do whatever is thrown at him. I'm sure he's going to be around for a long time.

Oh damn, my bad.
That was a typo.

he's an okay actor, but i wouldn't call him a thespian or anything like that. i don't think he takes acting serious enough to be called a CREDIBLE actor.

:confused:

Do you actually know what credible means?
It means believable....

What about 'Spy Hunter'? If done right that could be HIS Terminator/ Die Hard/ etc. possibly.

He isn't doing it anymore.
That film was in development hell for the longest, and The Rock already backed out of it.

:confused:

Do you actually know what credible means?
It means believable....

He isn't doing it anymore.
That film was in development hell for the longest, and The Rock already backed out of it.

Yet, he did voice over work for the video game tie-in to the movie.

Yeah, and that game sucked, too.
It also came out 397794207957 years ago. :D

For those saying The Rock has no acting talent I'm assuming you've never seen Gridiron Gang?

I was actually surprised to see Carmine and Cinemaman say that The Rock isn't a credible actor.

Hey what s with spyhunter? they have to do this with dwayne right?

The film was in development hell for the longest.
Then Rock finally dropped out from the project.

Lovin' your Kojak avvy. :up:

I think The Rock has done well for himself. I'll admit that I thought "Oh God, wrestler turned actor...not happening". But lo and behold, he's impressed me. He doesn't do academy award winning stuff but it's not exactly crap either. He's charismatic and entertaining.

He was good in his other films but he was great in GridIron Gang. He deserves respect for that one which was his best performance.

He's a good actor and uses his Rock persona to attract viewers to the movies

After Gridiron Gang, I really can't deny him being credible. He's still a wrestler, he's still the Rock, but he's an actor, and he could play supporting in an Oscar-winning movie. Chances are he'll get better as time goes on.

Did Arnold or Stallone ever have an Oscar worthy film? :huh:

Name the three people who have been nominated for an Oscar for Best Screenplay and Best Actor for the same movie in the same year.

1. Charlie Chaplin
2. Orson Welles
3. Sylvester Stallone

You can't make stuff like that up.

Eh, Rocky's OK.

Not the best actor but he's fun to watch.

Name the three people who have been nominated for an Oscar for Best Screenplay and Best Actor for the same movie in the same year.

1. Charlie Chaplin
2. Orson Welles
3. Sylvester Stallone

You can't make stuff like that up.

Back in the day, Sly was actually built-up to be the next Marlon Brando (exact words from Roger Ebert). We all saw what happened after that...

Rocky just needs that franchise that takes him to the next level that his name will automatically be recognized with. He needs a big Terminator/Rambo/Die Hard action film to take him there.

So far none of his films have made over $100M

Rocky just needs that franchise that takes him to the next level that his name will automatically be recognized with. He needs a big Terminator/Rambo/Die Hard action film to take him there.

So far none of his films have made over $100M

How about putting him in the upcoming G.I. Joe franchise?

The Rock needs to be Black Adam. :up:

The Rock I've loved since 3rd grade. :heart: :O He's single now too :)

I won't lie his beginning films his acting is pretty dull but he's getting better. The Rundown and GG are some of his best work IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"