The Score of The Batman

I also would love to see my guy Joseph Trapanese tackle it.

Christopher Drake or if 'no can do' on that front, Henry Jackman, awesome talents.

Last edited:
If Reeves is able to make the movie Giacchino's almost certainly a lock. I think he's a tad overrated as a composer, but he tends to make better scores when working with Reeves so maybe he'd do something special with Batman.

That said, my dream pick would Abel Korzeniowski. I think he'd really nail the gothic romance of the character, and it'd be cool to see him do a big budget feature. Christopher Young, Clint Mansell, Debbie Wiseman, Howard Shore, Joe Kraemer or Alexandre Desplat would be interesting, too. Patrick Doyle from the early 90s would've been amazing.

What happened to soundtracks in movies these days... For a change, I want something less percussion heavy (a-la Junkie or Zimmer). Something like this:

Shouldn't it probably just go to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?

It's gonna be another ums-ums-ums-ums-tums-tums-tums-tums... Bleep-blop-bleep-blop.

I've nothing against the guy, but that Batman techno theme in BvS was a monstrosity.

Anything's better than Junkie XL :barf:
Maybe I'm a bit harsh on Reznor and Ross. I love their work on The Social Network, and Dragon Tattoo is rather decent. But I feel their music is a bit too subdued and industrial for gritty fantasy like Batman. On the other hand it can lead to something fresh...

Junkie XL sometimes goes WAYYYY overboard. Either way, for once I want to hear something not done by Hollywood regulars.

Last edited:
Christopher Young would be fantastic if he can get his 80's mojo back. I was really liking Junkie XL but was let down by the Men Are Still Good theme. It felt too close to the Elliot Goldenthal theme, just slowed down, which is good for mood, but the less reminder of the Schumachers, the better.

Giacchino would be... kind of boring. I'm hoping something more atmospheric.
Not a fan of Giacchino. The only score of his I sort of like is "Jupiter Ascending".
I don't think he would be a good choice, Rogue One, Dawn or Doctor Strange soundtracks were such a missed opportunities. But since he worked with Reeves a lot he'll most probably get the job. :whatever:
Please no no no Giacchino. His style does not fit what I want for a Batman film. Plus his scores have been kind of boring lately.
f83fa8d4e82139c555b9c1610319f057693fbce2.gif

What happened to soundtracks in movies these days... For a change, I want something less percussion heavy (a-la Junkie or Zimmer). Something like this:

it was pretty accurate ngl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"