Batman Begins or Batman vs Superman?

It’s fantastic you enjoyed it and I am happy it has the legion of huge fans it has. I just couldn’t connect to it. I think for me it brought out some of his more annoying tendencies as a director and Fong’s work is dull compared to Aamir Mokri’s absolutely masterful work on MoS

Yeah i agree, the cinematography is great and the action too. Flawed but the highs are pretty high.

Batman Begins is awesome, and I'm happy it paved the way to restore Batman's previous status as a household name and inspired greater masses of people to rejoice at the sight of the Dark Knight.

I really enjoy Man of Steel and was very welcoming of the idea of Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, but Batman V Superman made me feel so much sorrow that I wanted to give peach tea to every character in that story.

You haven't answered this question though. Do you prefer Steel or the Dark Knight? :o
I honestly think Steel is the worst DC movie.

-Batman & Robin is big goofy fun and visually incredible
-Superman IV has Chris f***ing Reeve
-Catwoman has a decent performance from Halle Berry and that basketball scene lol
-Supergirl has Helen Slater
-Jonah Hex is sh***y but not completely unwatchable. The cast is actually really good.

Steel basically has nothing going for it. Horrible movie. Cheap, horrible performances, horrible writing. Just really really bad.

Steel is definitely more rewatchable than BVS.

It has no redeeming qualities.

IMO BVS UE is the most underrated comic book movie ever.

what are you smoking? How is BvS underrated that much? It was nominated for razzies in writing

hulk 2003, Superman returns and the amazing spider man are underrated that much.

Steel >>>>>>>>>>>> Justice League (what we have at this point, not what we will get) > Suicide Squad (again, what we got) >>>> Boo vs Shoo >> Barf vs Stench (Ultimate Cut)

Easiest choice ever, lol.

On the topic of Bale vs Affleck here. One reason Bale automatically is superior to Affleck for me is...imagine a younger Affleck in Batman Begins. I'm talking circa-Daredevil Affleck. It ain't the same movie. I would argue the whole thing wouldn't have worked. Rebooting Batman in the mid 00s with Affleck would've just been ill-advised.

Bale was able to craft a Bruce Wayne characterization you could believe in from the ground up, and take you on a journey with him where you don't even care that he's not in the suit.

IMO, Affleck benefitted from all the work Bale had put into making Batman a credible cinematic character that audiences believed in, stood on that foundation, and then just played an older and meaner Bruce/Batman. He did that well enough, but it annoys me that so many fans say Affleck was the best now. Just because of a more comic book-y suit and a cool fight scene that his stunt double performed. Seriously, you remove those two elements and not nearly as many people would say that. Bale is becoming criminally underrated for the work he did in these films, and so much of Begins rested squarely on his shoulders.

List of films based on DC Comics publications - Wikipedia

I did a list of imo the top 10 worst DC movies since Superman released in the theaters. I was #9 with Green Lantern which allows me to add either Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad and BvS was just more disappointing to me. Theaterical Cut, Ultimate Cut, whatever.

Easiest choice ever, lol.

On the topic of Bale vs Affleck here. One reason Bale automatically is superior to Affleck for me is...imagine a younger Affleck in Batman Begins. I'm talking circa-Daredevil Affleck. It ain't the same movie. I would argue the whole thing wouldn't have worked. Rebooting Batman in the mid 00s with Affleck would've just been ill-advised.

Bale was able to craft a Bruce Wayne characterization you could believe in from the ground up, and take you on a journey with him where you don't even care that he's not in the suit.

IMO, Affleck benefitted from all the work Bale had put into making Batman a credible cinematic character that audiences believed in, stood on that foundation, and then just played an older and meaner Bruce/Batman. He did that well enough, but it annoys me that so many fans say Affleck was the best now. Just because of a more comic book-y suit and a cool fight scene that his stunt double performed. Seriously, you remove those two elements and not nearly as many people would say that. Bale is becoming criminally underrated for the work he did in these films, and so much of Begins rested squarely on his shoulders.

Well said. It's because Bale is a method character actor. Pattinson is of the same breed.

For Affleck, it came across as a superficial vanity project.

General audiences definitely preferred the Bale version. It's been the best received so far with movie-goers. Pattinson has the potential to top it, but his film is going to suffer from the current state of theatres and productions.

I like how it's the extended cut, like this suddenly changes everything.:hehe:

I mean, it does kind of change everything. It takes away all the ambiguity of questionable execution, and makes it 100% clear that BvS is bad not because of poor editing, but because of its core foundational conception. ;)

And yeah, Batman Begins. By lightyears.

Well said. It's because Bale is a method character actor. Pattinson is of the same breed.

For Affleck, it came across as a superficial vanity project.

General audiences definitely preferred the Bale version. It's been the best received so far with movie-goers. Pattinson has the potential to top it, but his film is going to suffer from the current state of theatres and productions.

lol but It’s Snyder also...

I'd rather see a real fight like Batman Forever vs BvS.

Two wildly divisive Batman films.
I'll take gleefully dumb Dick Sprang inspired fun over equally goofy but less self-aware off brand Frank Miller any day. Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones are may both be downright horrible but Jesse Eisenberg's performance is very much of a piece with theirs except BvS is under the impression he's Heath goddamn Ledger.
what are you smoking? How is BvS underrated that much? It was nominated for razzies in writing

hulk 2003, Superman returns and the amazing spider man are underrated that much.
Glad to see some affection for those three. The only one of those I outright like is The Amazing Spider-Man but there's a lot to admire in Hulk and Superman Returns even if neither works particularly well.

Oh, to answer the polls question: Batman Begins. Obviously. I don't hate BvS, I admire the big ridiculous swings it takes and the Battle of Metropolis from Bruce's perspective is somewhere in my top ten comic book movie scenes but... yeah, every time I watch that movie I like it less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"