The Screenwriting Thread

I got 8 on mine so far. Is anyone else using scriptbuddy.com?

I do. I like it a lot. Let me know when you publish something in the community section, and I'll make sure to go leave you some feedback on it.

I also highly recommend Celtx to everyone. I'm currently using it to write my newest project. It gets the job done, and it's FREE. Everyone go download it.

I've heard of it, but I'm not sure if it's reliable. Is it?

Writing wise I like it. It saves as you go too. I haven't finished my script yet on it but when I do I'll tell you about the feed back part.

Will do Assasin. Do you have anything up on SB?

I've been screen writing for 2 years now. I started using microsoft word and doing them manually. The I discovered Celtx and still use it to this day. I write long novellas on my spare time so most of that style passed on to my scripts.

Im currently working on 2 scripts right now. One of them is title "Bloodhunt" and the other is a western inspired by the writings of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, however there is no fantasy elements in the script, its all grounded.

Will do Assasin. Do you have anything up on SB?

Yeah, two things. One's an epic biopic and the other is a short set in the DCU. The opus is called "TYSON," and you'll find that on page 6 right now. The other is called "The Return of the Black Mask." I actually wrote it as my part of a Batman project from a thread on this website. I wrote it under a fake name, and it should be on page 19 of the community section. I suggest you check that one out first, because it's an easy 22 pages. Then, if you like that one, go ahead and check out that other monster I wrote.

Hey all. Joining the party a little late. I'm an aspiring actor but currently I've been working on some screenwriting. Not too long ago I finally completed my baby. It's a horro/comedy script along the lines of "Lost Boys" and "Fright Night" with "Shaun of the Dead" thrown in there (and some "Evil Dead"). It's 207 pages long (that's not too long, is it?).

In my room I have a bunch of copyright forms but I'm not entirely too clear on how getting my work copyrighted works exactly. Help?

Hey all. Joining the party a little late. I'm an aspiring actor but currently I've been working on some screenwriting. Not too long ago I finally completed my baby. It's a horro/comedy script along the lines of "Lost Boys" and "Fright Night" with "Shaun of the Dead" thrown in there (and some "Evil Dead"). It's 207 pages long (that's not too long, is it?).

In my room I have a bunch of copyright forms but I'm not entirely too clear on how getting my work copyrighted works exactly. Help?

The usual standard for a script is about 120 pages. May I recommend omitting or even splitting it into two movies. Sounds extremely interesting though. :yay:

Yeah, two things. One's an epic biopic and the other is a short set in the DCU. The opus is called "TYSON," and you'll find that on page 6 right now. The other is called "The Return of the Black Mask." I actually wrote it as my part of a Batman project from a thread on this website. I wrote it under a fake name, and it should be on page 19 of the community section. I suggest you check that one out first, because it's an easy 22 pages. Then, if you like that one, go ahead and check out that other monster I wrote.
I can't find them. Could you link them?

Well I think I'm going to enter the script contest on these boards, however I really didn't realize how many actual SERIOUS screenwriters there are here! :wow:

I'm working on my first script ever, with about 0 experience ever writing one, and with about no inhibition to get in the screenwriting industry. I'm using Microsoft Word to write my script (I was using ScriptBuddy and Celtx, but then its much easier to edit in Word). I'm at like page 7, so I got a loooooooong way to go :/

Mine should be a PG family film, but with plenty of action. I won't spoil the rest, it would spoil the surprise! :o

The usual standard for a script is about 120 pages.

.....****. It might just be a tad bit difficult trying to split this one into two scripts, seeing as how I already have a sequel planned out (as well as a part 3). :woot:

.....****. It might just be a tad bit difficult trying to split this one into two scripts, seeing as how I already have a sequel planned out (as well as a part 3). :woot:

My friend, you may just have a saga on your hands. :grin:

Hello everyone, I write screenplays. I have written several shorts and one full length 100 page script. I had not noticed this thread before or I would've posted here sooner.
I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with, I will see if I can share some of mine with you all soon.

Well I think I'm going to enter the script contest on these boards, however I really didn't realize how many actual SERIOUS screenwriters there are here! :wow:

I'm working on my first script ever, with about 0 experience ever writing one, and with about no inhibition to get in the screenwriting industry. I'm using Microsoft Word to write my script (I was using ScriptBuddy and Celtx, but then its much easier to edit in Word). I'm at like page 7, so I got a loooooooong way to go :/

Mine should be a PG family film, but with plenty of action. I won't spoil the rest, it would spoil the surprise! :o

Remember that we all start off with 0 experience, then we start to strive and write and that experience is gained.

PS: I also use Microsoft Word.

My friend, you may just have a saga on your hands. :grin:

Thanks. Told, you this one if my baby! I mean seriously, if it were to ever become a movie, I got tie-ins and all sorts of prequels planned out. If I finally get it copyrighted (not sure how long that'll take) I'll gladly post a link to it up here to show off.

How much did that cost you? I was thinking of by a software when I was using MS then I found Scriptbuddy.

One of my earlier (and unfinished) shorts -
http://pc.celtx.com/project/wV7q4g2pdq83

I read your unfinished short, and it wasn't bad. You have a good handle on basic screenplay format, which drowns a lot of beginners. The story itself kept me interested, and was obviously inspired by Duel. I suggest you finish this, clean it up a bit and expand on some things. There were a few occurances in the story that I didn't understand, but they helped create the mystery; so I don't know, maybe that's what you were going for.

Oh, and if you're not going to direct this yourself, it might be a good idea to take out a lot of the camera direction. Agents and studio scriptreaders throw a huge *****fit about that.

So I just found zhura.com. I'm thinking about writing my tv pilot on there because scriptbuddy only allows one project at a time unless you upgrade.

Anyone else use zhura? If so is it userfriendly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"