The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

i have ulead. that's what i've used to make animated gifs/avatars

Bumping. Glad to see someone continued the list after I left.

anyone know of a good dvd burning software, one i can design menus and such

Mine came w/ Lightscribe, I don't care much for it tho.

Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but if you're looking for a good virtualization tool for operating systems, VirtualBox has been doing a great job for me.

It can run various Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, and other operating systems. And you don't even need to do any kind of partitioning since each installed guest operating system is stored in it's own file on the host operating system

I installed Xubuntu (Linux) as a guest operating system running on my XP machine that's a few years old, and it's pretty good. Debian's even faster (although I'm having a tougher time getting the software I want installed on it). Even installed the Windows 7 beta. Makes me wish I had a new, more powerful computer to use it on.

The only thing I couldn't install was Mac OS X because it couldn't read the disc (and you're apparently not allowed to install it on non-Apple hardward).

You can download VirtualBox for Windows, OS X, Linux, and Solaris. And it's updated fairly regularaly.

One thing they do recommend is install your virtual machine on an external (or secondary) hard drive to maximize performance.

Well if anyones got any Linux questions I can help you there. I don't use Windows. As for Virtualbox though, you should know that it'll only support 64-bit operating systems (hosts - i.e. the ones you install) if your system has got built in virtualisation. New machines tend to. You need to enable it in the bios as well.

psst.. it's a free-limited-software-which-you-should-pay-for-if-you-want-the-fully-working-version thread.. not shareware, just very limited..

I'm looking at making a DVD using the footage I shot on while on holidays. I'm looking for something that allows me to dub music over some scenes and use speed up and slow motion, I also want to add still pics between scenes. If anyone knows of a neat little program that has these features please let me know.

does anyone know any good alternatives to auslogics bootspeed, my trail has run done and i can't reinstall it

i love Ccleaner, i run it almost daily on my desktop to boot out junk. it's extremely handy

Word when I had a PC ccleaner kicked ass all over the place :up:

agreed. but it gets rid of unneeded registry keys and errors. and deletes temp files and whatnot.

you can always get something for antivirus.

Question: Is it possible to add a flashchat to a blog and if so how would I would do it?

agreed. but it gets rid of unneeded registry keys and errors. and deletes temp files and whatnot.

you can always get something for antivirus.
But people might get the wrong idea, the startpost mention it as an antivirus prog.
BTW I've been using AVG for 2 years now and never had a virus.

But people might get the wrong idea, the startpost mention it as an antivirus prog.
BTW I've been using AVG for 2 years now and never had a virus.

i realized that after i reread some.

i have AVG too. i really like it

I'm also a big fan off openoffice and Nero micro, ever tried those?

do anyone know of a software that increases your internet speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"