The Single Issues Recommendation Thread

BubbaGump

Bland User
Reaction score
Just like the Batman Comics Recommendation thread, but for single issues or arcs not in TPB yet, seeing as the other one is more focused on graphic novels, collected paperbacks, etc.

Recommend comics from current or previous Batman titles:

-Detective Comics
-Batman
-Legends of the Dark Knight
-Batman Confidential
-The Batman Adventures
-Batman Beyond
-Gotham Knights
-The Batman Strikes!

From the top of my head I can suggest Dini's Slayride (Detective #826) and the Laughing Fish, a true classic in my opinion (Detective #475).

Recommend away!

Batman:Shadow of the Bat #37 and #38. It's a two issue story of the Joker that mirrors aspects of TKJ. Written by Alan Grant and illustrated by the hugely under-rated artist Barry Kitson. Personally, I think Kitson drew one of the absolute best Jokers.

It involves a bounty hunter, Wilde, who is seaching for the Joker who has killed his whole family. Meantime all over Gotham, people are being kidnapped by the Joker, and Batman is trying to figure out the connection. #38 has some nice reflection on TKJ orgins through back flashes.

Also #37 is the issue that presents the infamous Joker's dream quote:

"In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."

Awesome issues!

:up: Finally. Thanks--I'll check those issues out.

Any good arcs/one-shots from LOTDK?
The Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Specials written by Jeph Loeb with art by Tim Sale are worth checking out. LOTDK #50 is another. As it's an issue that retells the first meeting of Batman and The Joker.

Check out any of the arcs when Kelley Jones took over the art on Batman starting with Batman #515.

Batman #480-483

Check out any of the arcs when Kelley Jones took over the art on Batman starting with Batman #515.

Batman #480-483
That is if you can take Jones' sometimes strange art style. But you should also check out the Batman special from 1984.

07718010264.1.gif

Batman deals with a villian who's his opposite and Michael Golden's art kicks @ss all over the place in this one.

Michael Golden is kicking a lot off @ss lately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"