The Spirit movie art

Antonello Blueberry

Inglorious bastard
Reaction score
From this week Lying in the gutters
SPIRIT-AFM.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The hottest comics collectable right now? The movie treatment of "The Spirit," being used to sell the upcoming movie directed by Frank Miller to industry people. The treatment is peppered with Eisner art, but it has a cover with the Spirit drawn by Frank Miller. Which has caused copies to be ripped from the sweaty hands of AFM attendees
[/FONT]

I'm discusted that Frank Miller deems his art more worthy to be on that poster than Will Eisners!

Eisner was a comic book artist god.

I was already planning on seeing this, now im definately going to see it :)

Thats hideous. God Miller's art is god awful these days.

i like Frank Miller's work, but i dont like that poster at all. Eisner deserves better.

I am afraid that Miller will use only the grim early Spirit stories, while the more humorous ones are probably more popular.

While I love that "The Spirit" is getting a movie....that poster makes it look like "Frank Miller's" the Spirit...not Will Eisner's.

C. Lee said:
While I love that "The Spirit" is getting a movie....that poster makes it look like "Frank Miller's" the Spirit...not Will Eisner's.

My sentiments exactly.

Fourthed (quadrupled?)

Although I did kinda mean that in my post, which was the 3rd post on the thread. ;)

I want to make it clear...I love Frank Miller's work....but when making a movie based upon the work of one specific artist (in this case Will Eisner)....his work or work as close to simulating his should be used.

C. Lee said:
I want to make it clear...I love Frank Miller's work....but when making a movie based upon the work of one specific artist (in this case Will Eisner)....his work or work as close to simulating his should be used.

Well, I always thought that Miller and Eisner had a similar art style, anyway. Really, the only difference is that Miller has Eisner's Spirit in a Sin City-esque' coloring and pose.

MaskedManJRK said:
Well, I always thought that Miller and Eisner had a similar art style, anyway. Really, the only difference is that Miller has Eisner's Spirit in a Sin City-esque' coloring and pose.

Sorry, I'll have to respectively disagree with you, my friend. Miller's art is nothing like Eisner's stuff; the 2 styles are totally different.

I fail to see how Miller's stuff is even vaguely similiar........

SPIRIT-AFM.jpg

spirit.gif

Eisner_Spirit_1g.jpg

postsp55.jpg

eisner_spirit.jpg

Seriously, it's like saying Jackson Pollocks' style is similiar to that of Renoir's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"