The Spirit: The Movie Visual Companion

No, it doesn't have any pictures of the blue suit costume tests. I'm sure it looked like this:
0a938468178245b0b83ccuo6.jpg

Here's a video review of both The Spirit: Femme Fatales TPB by DC and The Spirit: The Movie Visual Companion book in a special edition of Fresh Ink:
http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/freshink/65906/Blair-Butler-on-The-Spirit.html

Not to be mean, that is a lame comparison. You're using a poorly made fan-made costume to back up your case?

For God's sakes, I'm sure that Miller already made up his mind bout the suit during preproduction, even if there were 'suit tests'.

"Oh, but how do you know, Octoberist?"

Come on. I'll say it again: When there's smoke, there is fire. It's so obvious that the blue wouldn't fit Miller's color scheme for the film.

Not to be mean, that is a lame comparison. You're using a poorly made fan-made costume to back up your case?

I'm not making a case here. A lame comparison? Poorly made? The TV movie blue suit looked like that fan-made costume. That's the shade of blue in the comics. Complaints about the black and complaints about the blue. There's just no pleasing some people.

I'm not siding with anyone but that fan costume isn't poorly made. I mean, it's a blue suit ,fedora, mask, white shirt and red tie. That's EXACTLY what he wear in the comics.

The guy wearing it doesn't exactly "fit" the spirit, but what can ya do?

Yes, but that blue is a ridiculous shade. Most blue suits are navy. THAT is what would have probably been best if they went for a more color accurate depiction.

Well, that's a suit somebody put together for the intent of looking like a comic book character. If the suit looked like a regular suit with soft navy blue jacket/pants and hat, dull white shirt, a red tie, and a black face mask.

It's about designing a superhero vs. a regular guy.

brown-shoes-blue-suit-60508-1.jpg

Adding a red tie and blue hat to this would not make it look as bizarre as the suit manbat posted.

WILL EISNER said:
The answer has to be a little complicated. For years, Denis Kitchen has been after me, pushing and prodding for me to do another Spirit story. I was never interested in doing it, because my plate is too full with new material that I feel necessary to do. Finally, I agreed to allow him to do a Spirit story, provided he would get some top people in the field to do it. The only condition that I made was that they would not try to be Will Eisner, because every attempt I have ever seen of continuing a strip, like Caniff's Terry and The Pirates, were a failure. It would be a failure I reasoned if they were to attempt to be Will Eisner. I said if they were willing to do a series of stories based on their own interpretation and their own take, I would be willing to allow it. Frank Miller has agreed to do one.

Well, I guess he really did give Frank an opening to add his own flair to The Spirit.

I have an open mind about this project, not sure if I'll see it this weekend, but I'll check it out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"