The Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow News and Discussion Thread

I know it was only a few clips but I would not mind seeing Calle as Supergirl in the Woman of Tomorrow. Excellent trailer.

My fan cast

Kara Zor El/Supergirl- Elle Fanning
- Clark Kent/Kal El/Superman (cameo appearance)- David Corenswet

- Ruthye Marye Knoll- Sadie Stanley
- Krypto- Unknown movie dog cast in the role
- Krem- Alexander Skarsgard
- Othan- Jason Spisak
- Lobo- Jason Momoa
- Zor El (Kara's father)- Jude Law
- Alura In-Ze (Kara's mother)- Kate Beckinsale

I can see Superman Legacy Post Credits showing SuperGirl

I could see this. They don't need to go into the political side again of how Krypton was destroyed but rather te explosion. Show Supes ship fly off into the distance and we think we are going to follow it but then the camera shoots off to Kara and her ordeal.

I was assuming Gerwig wouldn’t wanna run to the next big budget film, but she wants to be a big studio director.

It feels like a no brainer for her to be on Gunn’s radar, but if they even have the opportunity to float the idea to her, they need to do it. Give her a copy of the incredible ass comic. That could help.

I was assuming Gerwig wouldn’t wanna run to the next big budget film, but she wants to be a big studio director.

It feels like a no brainer for her to be on Gunn’s radar, but if they even have the opportunity to float the idea to her, they need to do it. Give her a copy of the incredible ass comic. That could help.
Only issue is she's already set 2 Narnia movies as her next project

Emerald Fennell would actually make a lot of sense for this, especially since she was supposed to write a Zatanna movie at one point

Idk when WoT or Narnia are supposed to be coming out, so who knows. But sure.

Fennell would be interesting though. I’d like them to try and uphold that relationship. There should be a Zatanna draft sitting around too. Her next feature already has early buzz.

Idk when WoT or Narnia are supposed to be coming out, so who knows. But sure.

Fennell would be interesting though. I’d like them to try and uphold that relationship. There should be a Zatanna draft sitting around too. Her next feature already has early buzz.
Yeah, Saltburn's supposed to be great. The only reason I think Gerwig would be a stronger choice is that her production design work is exceptional - and that'll be really really important when it comes to portraying the kind of environments from the comic. Seeing how she materialized Barbie Land, I can only imagine how good something like this would look:
Supergirl-Woman-of-Tomorrow-8-1.jpg

Thought this was interesting:

The project is actually a redo for Nogueira. The writer was quietly hired to pen a Supergirl movie in 2022 when Warner Bros. was developing the project as a spinoff of The Flash, then in post-production. Flash featured Sasha Calle as the heroine and the hope was to launch another DC film franchise.

This would be her first major script. Wouldn't be surprised if a co-writer comes on at some point. She'll have plenty of time to flesh it out either way.

That would be my guess, yeah. Even if the first script had some connective tissue to the previous universe, if the studio liked what she was cooking, it makes sense to keep her on and now possibly do a script from the ground up.

Not exactly hyped given she has zero writing credits. DC should be getting proven talents to put their best foot forward.

I wonder if Emma Mackey ends up landing this.

So many different directors could bring this to life beautifully. That’s exciting.

Of course, some veteran writer would be welcomed but she’s a playwright and probably has a few screenplays tucked away to show producers and ****. I don’t think they’d hire her for the hell of it. I ain’t mad at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"