The Official Superman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like probably wouldn't sell much, but I guess it could be interesting if done correctly.

Fan Campaign for a LOIS LANE Series Gains Industry Notice

I have to say I hope TPTB at DC do decide to make a new revamp of the "Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane." series that ran for 137 issues. I think Lois deserve her own title solo series adventures as Mrs. Superman/ The Daily Planet's top reporter .

That's why I'd like to see Action Comics become a Superman centric anthology series. It really would allow Superman's supporting cast like Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, and Steel to really shine.

That might be neat would be something pretty intetesting to do in Action Comics when the Lex story ends

Though I wish it would never end :csad:

I just wish the Jimmy back-up would keep going. it's been just as good as the Lex stuff.

Yep that Jimmy back up has been fab an ongling comic would be really neat :up:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30427

899 issues later, and Superman is right back where he belongs, and he's got some surprising company.
DC Comics announced today via their blog The Source that with the Man of Steel's return to "Action Comics" in this April's 900th issue, a host of big name talent will help round out the now 96-page anniversary special. On top of the already announced 50-page main feature by current team of Paul Cornell and Pete Woods, the comic will contain contributions from "Superman: The Movie" director Richard Donner, incoming Superman movie screenwriter David Goyer and "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof. And on top of two covers by David Finch and Alex Ross, the book will also see an Adam Hughes cover contribution.
"Action" #900 also marks an end of many sorts as aside from concluding the period where Superman was kept out of books outside his eponymous title due to J. Michael Straczynski's "Grounded" story line, it will be the final chapter in DC's just begun "Reign of Doomsday" crossover.
For more on the issue's particulars, check out The Source, and stay tuned to CBR in the weeks ahead for an inside look at "Reign of Doomsday."

No real interest in reign of doomsday but Action Comics 900 sounds really fab

I'm disappointed in the overall talent there, honestly. Obviously, I'm looking forward to the Cornell/Woods story, but couldn't they have found some comic talent to fill out that instead of Donner, Goyer and Lindelof? I mean, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka (I know the latter two aren't on good terms with DC, but surely for such a big anniversary thing they could offer up a short or something). They don't mention the art, so hopefully that will deliver (maybe some art from Quietly, Frank, maybe even a bit of Alan Davis). Though, I guess you never know, those movie folk could surprise, but it seems like they need to go all out for this kind of thing like Marvel did with their anniversary issues (except Cap, oh Lord, except Cap).

Last edited:
I don't think DC cares enough about Action Comics to get people as good as that.

Who is Greg Johns Tron Bonne what has he written

It would be neat to have Morrison write Superman again hope he does one day

I meant Geoff Johns. Sorry, had to write that in a hurry as I was leaving awhile ago.

Anyway, finally got around to reading Superman 707 thanks to JTStarkiller. Honestly, it didn't seem as bad as many made out. I won't go as far as saying it was good or anything, and sure, the stuff with Lois did kind of upset, but it was blatantly obvious there was some kind of mind control going on. I mean, the chick was even voicing his exact words. It wasn't the total turnaround people were hoping for, but I remain fairly optimistic after this issue.

Greg Johns= Geoff John's goatee-donning evil twin.

I am excited about the apperence of the [BLACKOUT]Superman Squad[/BLACKOUT] and the latest solicitation's revealing a teenage Batman and Superman team-up. Still, unsure if I can drop this.

Last edited:
Lies all lies you thought there was a writer called Greg Johns too :oldrazz:

I meant Geoff Johns. Sorry, had to write that in a hurry as I was leaving awhile ago.

Anyway, finally got around to reading Superman 707 thanks to JTStarkiller. Honestly, it didn't seem as bad as many made out. I won't go as far as saying it was good or anything, and sure, the stuff with Lois did kind of upset, but it was blatantly obvious there was some kind of mind control going on. I mean, the chick was even voicing his exact words. It wasn't the total turnaround people were hoping for, but I remain fairly optimistic after this issue.

I will be happy and :lmao: if it turns out Superman has been mind controlled during all of Grounded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"