The Official Superman Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Ultimate_Superman, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystirious Registered

Superman

The only hero brave enough to tackle real issues by sending a child to talk to some crack dealers for him :dry:

2. Watchman Adios, Cowboy

Kid: Now get out of neighborhood! *Sounds of guns arming* Superman help!
    Superman: I help those that help themselves *Walks away...quickly*

Not even Superman wants to be in that area of town at night.

3. Mystirious Registered

:lmao:

Superman: sorry kid your over there now. I only help people over here.

4. Watchman Adios, Cowboy

5. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

well after digging behind my bed (because that's where i chucked it when i was done reading this piece of crap) i found it and it said JMS Plot biggest letters under Grounded and Chris Roberson script in smaller letters.

6. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Right, the general plot is still his, but he's departed from writing. Unless they're shoveling BS, Roberson and Hester pretty much have full reign to do what they want from JMS's point A to B. So, you don't have to worry about JMS ruining the marriage, unless of course, point B is ruining the marriage.

7. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

that was pretty much my point

8. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

That's crazy. There's nothing to indicate JMS's ultimate point is to ruin the marriage. It's obvious he's out to ruin Superman as a single entity.

9. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

Good point :hehe:

but he ruined the greatest marriage in Marvel Comics and now he's doing the same for DC :mad:

10. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

He has gone to some pretty ghetto cities though. If he walked to the Hamptons and there were black people selling drugs and talkin jive, then I might be offended.

11. Stallion9979 The Icon

whatcha talkin bout willis? :huh:

jive talkin is what its all about...:whatever:

12. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

No, Joe Quesada ruined the greatest marriage in Marvel Comics. Joe Quesada wanted to end the marriage and Marvel editorial told him that they were taking him off the book and revamping Spider-Man. They gave him the option of writing One More Day to be his last Spider-Man story and he accepted it. But he ended up being so dissatisfied that he ended up quitting and Joe Quesada took over the writing duties. Even though JMS' name was credited, Amazing Spider-Man #545, which ended the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage was 100% written by Joe Quesada. If you actually read the JMS' run on Amazing Spider-Man, he put a lot of heart and soul into their marriage and it's pretty obvious that he was against ending the marriage. Blame Joe Quesada on this one, not JMS.

Also, the issues of Superman that JMS wrote, Superman was rather polite to Lois. And the interlude issues written by G. Willow Wilson has Superman and Lois very much in love. The latest issue that was written by Chris Roberson, is the one where Superman is a total dick to Lois. So blame Chris Roberson on this one, not JMS. If JMS continued writing Superman, I think that Superman would have been a bit more respectful in his reasoning towards Lois. JMS' Superman was only a dick to those who really deserved it like the drug dealers in Philadelphia and the abusive father in Chicago.

13. Stallion9979 The Icon

I'm sorry but the whole "grounded" arc sucks from start to finish...

Superman is THE hero of heroes and his title has been subpar for the last couple of years...its like each arc has been worse then the last...

I think the Brainiac arc that proceeded all the garbage of NK and WONK and WOS and now Grounded was the last good story...

Clark deserves so much better then this...

14. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

The Wilson issues were better than the JMS ones. The Perry White issue was actually the highlight of the entire run lol

15. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

I'm gonna go ahead and say you didn't read any issues of Grounded and say your opinion doesn't count :yay:

16. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I actually agree with you on that.

17. Stallion9979 The Icon

I actually have and just don't like the story at all...

18. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

You said somewhere else that you haven't read comics in 2 years

19. Stallion9979 The Icon

yeah i took a hiatus for awhile but when i came back to the hype i started catchin up on some new things...picked up some trades to catch me up to speed and the grounded arc i looked at in my local shop...

nowadays its fairly easy to catch up on a few years of back issues with like 4 trades and maybe 4 or 5 back issues...

nonetheless I dont like the story at all...like that its a year long story even less...

20. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I think that it's getting cut short now that JMS is gone. I think that DC wants to move on from this debacle as quickly as possible.

21. Stallion9979 The Icon

its a bad day in Superman when he sends a child to confront drug dealers on his behalf...

22. Mystirious Registered

Superman is thinking I'mma go get a burrito. Let that kid deal with the heavily armed crack heads.

And the kid is totally making this face as Superman wanders off :dry:

;_;

Someone has to save Superman

This looks like a job for Paul Cornell!

I loves the Joker :atp:

This is going to be the second best comic of febuary Paul Cornell has made Action Comics one of the most :awesome: comic books ever

23. Watchman Adios, Cowboy

And I can't get the voices of Clancy Brown and Mark Hamill out of my head. Their lines sound straight out of the show. Especially the haircut joke.

Anyway, Superman/Batman was very fun this week and keeps me optimistic for Superman's future. Roberson sure knows how to write a fun comic. There was even a cameo by the Superman of the Fifth Dimension from All Star Superman.

24. Mystirious Registered

Joker and Lex make me :lmao: when they get together

They make a fab comedy duo

Fun on a bun :up:

25. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Fan Campaign for a LOIS LANE Series Gains Industry Notice

I have to say I hope TPTB at DC do decide to make a new revamp of the "Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane." series that ran for 137 issues. I think Lois deserve her own title solo series adventures as Mrs. Superman/ The Daily Planet's top reporter .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.