The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Super-World' started by Noir, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Awest66 Registered

I've been listing my favorite episodes for these superhero cartoons, so I've decided to give the treatment to this show as well.

1. Brave New Metropilis
    2. The Late Mr Kent
    3. Legacy
    4. The Ghost in the Machine
    5. The Way of All Flesh
    6. Stolen Memories
    7. The Main Man
    8. Identity Crisis
    9. Fun and Games
    10. Mxyzpixilated

Honorable mentions include The Last Son of Krypton, Feeding Time, Livewire, Solar Power, Apokolips Now, Where there's Smoke, New Kids in Town, Little Big Head Man.

2. StarLord < < < < < < <

3. Herofan Registered

I like a lot of aspects of the series but don't like it much overall ...

The voice cast was really good and "The Last Son of Krypton" a great start, the first season overall really good but too many episodes felt like mostly just action, some themes but not a lot or real well-done and what story or thematic material there was tended to be about the villains; the voices of Clark, Lois, Lex were great but the characters did tend to be/remain too static and Clark (more so post-season 1) to really have no real personal life, his life really or mostly just being Superman. Dzundra as Perry was also well-cast but barely used.

My favorite episode is "The Late Mr. Kent," one of the few to focus on the Clark identity and its importance. With the villains, Livewire, Metallo and Parasite and, despite the lack of development, Lex were pretty cool, the rest mostly OK except Bizarro started pretty good but overstayed his welcome and Mxytlpk was too annoying.

My ideal of both Superman and Lois would be a mix of TAS and L&C (so basically the '86 reboot versions that they were both drawn from).

4. Kane52630 TURBO KILLER USER

5. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Excellent news. Such an underrated series, so hopefully this new blu-ray will give it an all new audience.

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I know JL/U already came out on Blu-ray forever ago but I wonder if we'll get a new one

7. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

It would be nice if they did a complete series box set to match the B:TAS and BB sets. Plus, the sound is kind of bad on the season 1 set so that could get an update.