• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Fave Superman TAS episode.

Morgoth

Sidekick
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
4,838
Reaction score
1
Points
31
I bought the second season yesterday and I've gotta' say, The hand of Fate is awesome!

Just so well done, there was just something about it. That and World's Finest are my faves for Seas. 2 for Season 1 My faves are, the Lobo two parter, and the first episodes with the Origin, and The Brainiac episode.
 
I can't get specific with episode titles b/c I'm recalling from watching it on TV, but the first sinister appearance of Darkseid is possibly my favorite "moment". Otherwise, some of those episodes with Braniac are right up there. I really like the early episodes the best but the later episode where Superman takes on the Batman persona to infiltrate braniac is probably a top three favorite episode of any series in the bruce timm universe.
 
Prognosticator said:
I can't get specific with episode titles b/c I'm recalling from watching it on TV, but the first sinister appearance of Darkseid is possibly my favorite "moment". Otherwise, some of those episodes with Braniac are right up there. I really like the early episodes the best but the later episode where Superman takes on the Batman persona to infiltrate braniac is probably a top three favorite episode of any series in the bruce timm universe.
That Supes as Bats episode is awesome I meant to put that on my first post. What season is that from? It isn't on Vol.2 is it? I haven't watched all of the episodes yet, but from what I remember from watching on tv I don't think that episode aired until the third season, I think, so hopefully it'll be on the next dvd set.:)

I actually went to Target for JL, and they didn't have it so I got this instead, I was just in the mood to see Superheroes team up and there's some of that on Vol.2 but I still need to get JL!
 
I have always liked ;

Legacy Pt. 1
Legacy Pt. 2
Apokolips...Now! Pt. 1
Apokolips...Now! Pt. 2
The Last Son of Krypton Pt. 1
The Last Son of Krypton Pt. 2
The Last Son of Krypton Pt. 3
In Brightest Day
Hand of Fate
The Demon Reborn
 
Morgoth said:
That Supes as Bats episode is awesome I meant to put that on my first post. What season is that from? It isn't on Vol.2 is it? I haven't watched all of the episodes yet, but from what I remember from watching on tv I don't think that episode aired until the third season, I think, so hopefully it'll be on the next dvd set.:)

I actually went to Target for JL, and they didn't have it so I got this instead, I was just in the mood to see Superheroes team up and there's some of that on Vol.2 but I still need to get JL!

Yeah, it was toward the end of the run so it'll be on vol.3. I went to Targer right after JL:1 came out and they didn't have it either! I got pissed and put down what i already had in hand. I ended up buying it a week and a half later at Wal-Mart. JL:1 hasn't disappointed yet and I've already caught a couple of eps that I had never seen!
 
Prognosticator said:
Yeah, it was toward the end of the run so it'll be on vol.3. I went to Targer right after JL:1 came out and they didn't have it either! I got pissed and put down what i already had in hand. I ended up buying it a week and a half later at Wal-Mart. JL:1 hasn't disappointed yet and I've already caught a couple of eps that I had never seen!
I really like Season 1. I'm sure there are alot of them I haven't seen yet. When it first came out I'd only watch it here and there 'cause I was going through a phase where I wasn't much into DC at the time it debuted, but when I sat down to watch the first episode I really liked what I saw.

Very well done series.

I'm gonna' have to look at Walmart.
 
I actually just went back recently and watched the initial pilot of S:TAS and part I of III is amazing! Story, music, drama, pacing...and Jor-El!! Wow! It was a bold move, I think, to not rush the story right into Superman, and it payed off bigtime!
 
Prognosticator said:
I actually just went back recently and watched the initial pilot of S:TAS and part I of III is amazing! Story, music, drama, pacing...and Jor-El!! Wow! It was a bold move, I think, to not rush the story right into Superman, and it payed off bigtime!
Oh, yeah. It's funny how a cartoon can be better than any of the big budget movies. They worry so much about oys and making money that they crap on the story etc.

I love the cartoon, I can't even watch the movies. The series was way better than anything they ever did on film.

It's a shame Superman couldn't get a movie more like TAS.

In my opinion. You really get to see actual Superman stories in the series.
 
anything with darkseid, b/c michael ironside is perfect casting, and the hard guitar they always play makes it badass/funny at the same time
 
My favorite ep was Knight Time, where Superman investigated Batman's disappearance. There were some great moments when Supes was portraying Batman.

Apokolips Now (Darkseid invades Earth), Legacy (Darkseid brainwashes Supes) and World's Finest (Bats/Supes) are up there too.
 
I do love "double dose" :up: and every episode with Livewire.
"Brave new Metropolis" is great, as well as every eps with L.Luthor.
And I like the GL episode, the Aquaman episode, and of course the "World's Finest" episode.
Well in fact I love a lot of episodes and I couldn't tell really but what is sure is that "Double dose" is still my fav! :)

S:TAS, Great great cartoon.
 
"absolute power" was an amazing (and sadly, very unerrated) episode, where jax-ur and mala test superman's morality to its limits. STAS was one of the best depictions of superman yet.
 
THe Worlds Finest episodes are great. But my favorites are with Bizzaro. I love the character. LEAVE ME ALONE
 
I do not really have a favorite episode of Superman TAS...to be honest I thought the show was not all that great. I guess I expected more. But the episode with that little purple guy that is like Superman's imagination or something was a cool episode. Plus, the World's Finest ones obviously.
 
The one with Aquaman.

Also World's Finest Part 1, just because it shows Superman knocking Batman against a table and muttering "I heard you were crazy, but I didn't think you were stupid."
 
I've just finished Vol. 2. I stopped watching the DCAU years back, when I was in my junior high/high school years. So basically, these DVD sets are like brand new shows to me. It's really exciting.

I just watched "The Late Mr. Kent", and it's hands down one of the best episodes of any of the DCAU series.

I'll be back to post more.
 
World's Finest (Part I) (Part II) (Part III)

Late Mr. Kent <<<<< (also very good. Created a lump in my throat when Lois looked at Clark's picture and said something like: "I always teased him. But I liked him, I really did.")


All time favorite "Superman: the animated series" episode:

Brave New Metropolis <<< (I have a passion for alternate universes. :) )

note: the Little Girl Lost run was great also. Supergirl is introduced, and we get to see into her personality and character.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"