The Tennis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Serena.

I hope Roger kicks Andy's ass tomorow.

Doesn't Rafa Federer get old after a while... Tennis needs some new blood in there. But Tennis desperately needs an American player... hopefully this Querry kid can step up his game... Blake and Roddick are a pair of jokes...

Doesn't Rafa Federer get old after a while... Tennis needs some new blood in there. But Tennis desperately needs an American player... hopefully this Querry kid can step up his game... Blake and Roddick are a pair of jokes...

Why does tennis need an American payer...?

No, did you watch Wimbledon?

Nothing is better then a Nadalv Federer final.

We've never seen Nadal Federer on a Hardcourt in a major... so we don't know how good that matchup can be. Murray is a better hard court player than Nadal.

Murray is getting better but his gonna have to step it up another level if he wants win some majors.

As for the American tennis player thing. If your a fan of Tennis your not gonna watch it just because someone shares the same nationality as you. Nadal and Federer are playing some of the best tennis ever right now and it would be silly to not watch it because they from another country unless your xenophobic

What a load of ********!!

Well America isn't going to get into tennis as it did back in the Agassi, Sampras, Conners, Macs, days etc. It doesn't hurt a sport to be popular in one of the biggest sports marketing nations in the world... a lot more so than Britain and the rest of Europe COMBINED... you can downplay that all you want. Those are the facts. I mean as good as the rivalry is now between a couple of pairs of players on both the womens and mens side... that only appeals to Tennis fans... but it doesn't reach outside that box.

As long as Federer doesn't regain the #1 ranking by the end of the year, I'm satisfied with this season.

He wont, but he will get it back next year.

That is for sure.

Not if...Nole wins Aurailia and Nadal wins French and Wimbledon...

If its basically a repeat of last year...Roger won't get it back...

He basically needs 3 majors to do so...

The Australian Open begins Monday. Personally I think Murray's gotten better. He's started this year off well and has definitely improved his game. If he keeps it up he might have a good shot at making it to the final.

I also think Nadal will probably make it to the semi's again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"