The Three Musketeers Are Coming To The Big Screen

but with Paul WS Anderson being a part of it, I can't help it to think that it won't be as fun as it should be..

how can a classical story like this could be imaged as 3D is beyond me...

Wow, so many of these studios and directors have no originality or to be honest integrity. Everytime I hear yet another film is going to be in 3D, especially films like this that don't need to be in 3D whatsoever I just can't help but think that these directors and studios are a bunc of sheep/tools.

I enjoyed the Disney version quite a bit and can't remember much of The Man in the Iron Mask film but this could be very entertaining. Hollywood just needs to calm down with having every other movie that comes out in 3D.

Olvier Platt was the showstopper in the Disney Musketeers.

Olvier Platt was the showstopper in the Disney Musketeers.

Well...he was probably the most entertaining but as Terry said, the real 'showstopper' would have to be de Mornay's cleavage.

Vincent Cassell would make a great Cardinal De Richelieu, or Aramis. Actually Romain Duris would probably be better as Aramis.

Wow, so many of these studios and directors have no originality or to be honest integrity. Everytime I hear yet another film is going to be in 3D, especially films like this that don't need to be in 3D whatsoever I just can't help but think that these directors and studios are a bunc of sheep/tools.

Oh come on...a 3D swordfight would be fantastic. Ditto cannonade.

I'm not sure that a Musketeer adventure shouldn't be camp. The setting is baroque France, which was a camp time and place- powdered wigs, tight trousers and heaving breasts. Take those elements and run with them- just give a knowing wink to the audience.

A wink isn't so much outright camp. I'm talking puns, stupid referential jokes, etc.

My view may be warped, because about a month ago I saw a HORRIBLE play of The Three Muskateers that was LOADED with camp.

LOL, well, this can't be any worse than "The Musketeer" with that guy from Grey's Anatomy.

Then again, maybe it could. These characters are nearly as played out as Robin Hood. Granted, none of the adaptations have been that great, but that doesn't mean we need another film based on them. And in 3D? That I really don't get. I can't imagine anything in a Three Musketeers movie that would really call for it to be shown in 3D.

It could be worse if it's anything like the play, where "Darty" has a precocious, younger sister who happens to be a good swordfighter who calls him "Darty".

Richelieu had rather a weasely look, in reality. I could imagine Robert Carlisle in the part.

Doug Liman to Direct Warner Bros.' Three Musketeers

Source: Heat Vision
April 1, 2010

Doug Liman (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Bourne Identity) is in negotiations to direct Warner Bros.' The Three Musketeers, which is in a race with the Paul W.S. Anderson-directed The Three Musketeers 3D in development at Summit Entertainment. The latter project is currently casting.

Producer Lionel Wigram, the creative force behind Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, recently hired screenwriter Peter Straughan (The Men Who Stare at Goats) to update Alexandre Dumas' classic for Warner Bros.

Straughan's script is expected to play up the action and "sexier" elements of the story

Does this mean only one of them will be good. Also I don't see why 3d would help this but maybe they are hoping people will come just because it's 3d I suppose.

Maybe we should change the title to:

TWO 3-D 'The Three Musketeers' Are Coming To The Big Screen :hehe:

Since Paul wants 3D, my guess is that WB wants to compete with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"