The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
This doesn't sound like it's being rushed at all :dry:

EXCLUSIVE: I've confirmed there's no director hired yet. And the two productions won't be back-to-back. But that hasn't stopped Summit Entertainment from newly scheduling its Twilight threequel for release on June 30, 2010, not long after its Twilight sequel New Moon set for November 20th this year now being helmed by Chris Weitz. Summit also officially changed the name of its vampire movie franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's bestselling series of novels to The Twilight Saga. Here's how Summit descibes the plot of the threequel Eclipse:
"As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death."
Regarding The Twilight Saga, my sources tell me that director Catherine Hardwick's claim in her diary that she didn't want to helm New Moon isn't accurate because Summit decided not to hire her for New Moon. And I've also learned that Summit only had a deal with Stephenie Meyer for the first book, Twilight. So the start-up film studio had to make individual deals for the other books in Meyer's series -- and the author got top-dollar, trust me. To date, Summit's low-cost blockbuster Twilight has earned $189 million in worldwide grosses -- almost evenly divided between domestic and international -- since its release on November 21st, 2008.
SOURCE

The two productions wont be back-to-back, and yet the third is supposed to come out only 8 months after the second?!

Sure. Why not? Pump these things out real quick and cheap, bleed the rabid fangirls of their money. Everybody wins.

:dry:

Well, it's not like Eclipse had any major action sequences to worry about. The whole vampire/werewolf vs. newborn vampire fight happened while Bella was hiding in a tent miles away overhearing to Jacob and Edward discuss who loved her more.

I really couldn't stand this book series. :down

I never got how franchise like SAW and now Twilight release a film every year... let alone two films within a year from each other. I thought the 2nd one was due in 2010? It just amazes me since I figure you had better be in pre-production and casting for the next sequel before the previous film is even out. I liked HP's slate of one film every year and a half. It's still tight but it's alot better than one every year and HP is a 7-8 film franchise. I just never got how these franchises are somehow three steps ahead of the game before they even make enough money. I guess Twilight was a sure thing all along.

Bleh.

Summit can afford to make these movies quick, since there's not a lot of elaborate set design and/or special effects work needed. It's like horror movies -- you shoot them in a short period of time, rush them through post and then you have it.

Wes Craven's operated on short production schedules -- particularly A Nightmare on Elm Street and The People Under the Stairs -- before, so it depends on how fast and quick the third director can get it done. They'll have to be filming by the time New Moon comes out, unless they REALLY want to push it.

Bleh.

Summit can afford to make these movies quick, since there's not a lot of elaborate set design and/or special effects work needed. It's like horror movies -- you shoot them in a short period of time, rush them through post and then you have it.

Wes Craven's operated on short production schedules -- particularly A Nightmare on Elm Street and The People Under the Stairs -- before, so it depends on how fast and quick the third director can get it done. They'll have to be filming by the time New Moon comes out, unless they REALLY want to push it.

True, but I'm fairly certain that whoever Summit choses will be no Wes Craven.

They have to hurry in making these so the actors playing the vampires don't age significantly.

Regarding horror/scary movies, I once read they are the easiest to make of all genres.

These books suck but this one is probably the best. In my opinion, the series should have ended with this third one.
Oh, and they should definitely move the scene where Edward and Bella tell Charlie about the marriage into this movie instead of the fourth. That should be the last or second-to-last scene and then for the last scene have Jacob running through the forest in wolf form. Then pick up the fourth movie with the beginning of Jacob's book from the fourth book.

My girlfriend loves these books so she made me read them. I really wish she had better taste in literature.

Does the fanbase have a deadline for liking this franchise or something? Ridiculous.

i sense even more cheapness coming

the werewolves will be stop motion lol

does the baby that walks/talks show up in this one?

I don't believe it takes that much talent to play a vampire, watch true blood instead. Forget this twilight stuff.

Why rush it? Man these films will be worse and worse.

I don't believe it takes that much talent to play a vampire, watch true blood instead. Forget this twilight stuff.

Forget both True Blood and Twilight, Buffy and Angel is where it's at.

Not as bloody, but at least David Boreanaz is far more talented than Robert Pattinson and Stephen Moyer. (And he's easier on the eyes too.)

^^yeah, he's a real guy instead of a pasty, anorexic guy.

Forget both True Blood and Twilight, Buffy and Angel is where it's at.

Not as bloody, but at least David Boreanaz is far more talented than Robert Pattinson and Stephen Moyer. (And he's easier on the eyes too.)

Forget all of 'em. Nosferatu is king.

nosferatu.jpg

I've kept my mouth shut too long.

I hate Twilight and everything about it. I'm so tired of the pretty boy vampires. give me a vampire who's thirst for blood is unquenchable and who live in a clan-like society where it's survival of the fittest...BEASTS who hunt the human cattle.

Well, it's not like Eclipse had any major action sequences to worry about. The whole vampire/werewolf vs. newborn vampire fight happened while Bella was hiding in a tent miles away overhearing to Jacob and Edward discuss who loved her more.

I really couldn't stand this book series. :down

what the hell:huh:

those things have like nothing to do with each other...one is from a horror movie and the other is from some terrible girl movie...jesus what the hell?? just...what the hell:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"