Revenge of the Fallen The Twins: Racist?

I've read that the particular line of "Yeah we don't do much reading" has been totally taken out of context in relation to the story.

Apparently they were referring to ancient cybertronian scriptures which the Twins had no idea how to decipher. Now that doesn't sound "racist" at all it just sounds like not to many modern cybertronians know their planets ancient writing.

Yeah. If i look at ancient egiptian hyeroglyphs, i can't read them. Hell, i look at cyrilic or kanji, wich are still in use today and i don't now most of them. What they can't read are those ancient symbols. Context, people.

I thought the twins were portrayed as hillbillies or rednecks. If that is so, then that is alright? If they are portrayed as black stereotypes then people have fits, but if they are portrayed as white stereotypes then it is funny?

People can find racism in their soup thanks to idiots these days. If they don't say anything racist, then I don't see the problem. If you see racism in anything and everything, then chances are that you are racist because you automatically relate non-human, non-colored robots with racial stereotypes. If you think they are black because one has a gold tooth, then shame on you for conforming to your own racism:o

Last edited:
I know white kids who talk like that so whats they difference, I think the only ones who should be offended are the teenagers because that's who Bay seems to be using as his model fro the twins the younger hip hop crowd from 10 - 15.

You know i hate this, the old Racist card it gets played alot. They did it with Resident Evil 5 because it was set in africa and the main character was white killing zombie black people - for a start it could be set anywhere around the world the central character was white and we were following his story.

I saw transformers 2 and i felt there was no element of racist sterotypical nature. The Twins were designed to be brothers fighting all the time both fighting over who is right normally. I want to point out one thing and thats there robots, there multi-coloured, Optimus is blue-red, bumblebee is yellow, rachet is green yet in promo pictures yellow, ironhide is black. when you look at the twins they are red and green.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't wearing shirts the whole movie that said "stereotypical and racist" with an arrow pointing up.

Some of the responses on this thread disgust me. Bay has always used racist characters so the two robots are sadly no surprise to me...okay maybe I was a little surprised.

But ofcourse I'm just a whiney black young woman...racisim doesn't exist anymore.

Racism exists where ever you want it to exist. The fact that some people think they are rednecks and some think they are black is proof right there.

If they don't say anything racist, what makes you think they are a certain ethnicity?

Some of the responses on this thread disgust me. Bay has always used racist characters so the two robots are sadly no surprise to me...okay maybe I was a little surprised.

But ofcourse I'm just a whiney black young woman...racisim doesn't exist anymore.

I think the whole topic is one big joke. It's a freaking movie. Get over it.
And if people want to whine over this, then they need to go to the source material because G1, the classic cartoon had PLENTY of stereotyping.

I personally found the Twins to be pretty damn funny and likeable, and not racist in any way, shape or form. My only gripe with them is the amount of screen-time they got over other Autobots I personally would have preferred.

But no, they were great, and they get their big moment also which is great.

This isn't just a black stereotype. It's becoming a white stereotype as well, to act "ghetto". People act like this on purpose all the time. I've seen plenty of intelligent, relatively educated people act this way because it's "cool" now. Heck, it's been cool for years. This isn't anything new, and people acting like it is amuse me.

Some of the responses on this thread disgust me. Bay has always used racist characters so the two robots are sadly no surprise to me...okay maybe I was a little surprised

Where has Bay used a racist character?

I really didn't think Jazz was that bad, he could have been much worse.

As far as the Twins go, like many have said, we'll just have to see the movie first just to see how it is. And Bay said that he wanted bots with whom the younger audience could really identify with, I'm surprised he didn't make one of the Twins an emo.

Jazz was AWESOME. My favorite of the movie. He's got INCREDIBLE moves.

This isn't just a black stereotype. It's becoming a white stereotype as well, to act "ghetto".

You mean the dorks who TRY to be ghetto but only end up having their pants fall down in the middle of the cafeteria? (happened at my school, HILLARIOUS)

I am not a PC person. Those who know me in real life will attest that if an off-color, offensive or wildly juvenile joke needs to be made it'll likely be me making it. I think people are too sensitive in the modern world, and I don't think any topic is off-limits when it comes to laughs.
You notice how whenever a c--t is about to complain about something... they do that?

Look at it this way, Cybertonic language isnt english, they only adopted this voice when they came to earth. I figure with the most logical sense, they would of replicated voices to mimic that to tv and radio signals. Those signals have been studied and randonized distrubted to all the transformers.

I thought the twins were portrayed as hillbillies or rednecks. If that is so, then that is alright? If they are portrayed as black stereotypes then people have fits, but if they are portrayed as white stereotypes then it is funny?

Yeah, but the difference is is that we don't give a ****. :woot:

It's from Devin, the whole Jar jar crap is him pushing his agenda. Don't get suckered into this "debate" people.

It's always white people claiming everything is offensive.............I'm not saying white people need to get over their white guilt, but seriously, shut-up about it
I believe you have it the other way around.

Apparently not for the white majority in this thread.

I think the whole topic is one big joke. It's a freaking movie. Get over it.
And if people want to whine over this, then they need to go to the source material because G1, the classic cartoon had PLENTY of stereotyping.

Yeah this is another villifying a Transformers movie moment that fails big time.

Anyone ever notice the token black guys in Bays' movies? Bear in Armageddon and Cuba Gooding Jr. from Pearl Harbor. You could classify Tyrese as one too.

Yeah and they are usually the hero. Not like in most movies where the black guy dies off first.

Yeah and they are usually the hero. Not like in most movies where the black guy dies off first.

Damn straight! Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Tyrese and Anthony Anderson were perfect, honest representations of African American males!

Who wouldn't want to be Tyrese or Will Smith? Every movie has dumpy sidekicks like Martin Lawrence and Anthony Anderson. Martin and Will were rich in Bad Boys and Anthony Anderson was a genius and Tyrese is a military hero...don't see the point.

Movies like Friday are racist but it is meant to be funny and satirical.

Damn straight! Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Tyrese and Anthony Anderson were perfect, honest representations of African American males!

There's a consensus on that now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"