The two moron writers behind Meet the Spartans are back with *another* spoof movie

WorthyStevens

Green Man
Reaction score
Spoof movies. Can’t get enough of ‘em, hey!? (Well, by the looks of those numbers “Superhero Movie” did on the weekend seems you can. It did pretty lousy, actually). Just as well, there’s another one on the way – and it’s bound to be just as funny as everything else writer/director’s Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer (“Meet the Spartans”, “Epic Movie”) have done up to this point.

Lionsgate’s “Goodie Two Shoes” will – not that a stratagem will come into it much, if at all – tell of a “group of friends who go on a life-changing adventure”. Apparently the main jokial thrust of this one will be ribbing films like “Superbad” (So, you’ll have someone playing a ‘McLovin’-type, someone playing a pudgy smart-ass a’la Jonah Hill, an actor doing Michael Cera’s reserved dork). But, of course, and not unlike every other spoof film of the past couple of years, everything will be fair game.

Will Smith’s forthcoming superhero jaunt “Hancock” is going to be spoofed, the “Sex and the City” movie (they’re looking for a guy – yes! A guy! – to play Carrie!) will too, and Mike Myers’s upcoming “The Love Guru” is even getting a ribbing.

What I don’t understand is, why don’t they at least wait till these films come out before they spoof them!? They’ve obviously worried if they wait too long, the jokes will be dated, but if the spoof’s are completely off-target, it’ll be a waste anyway. Punks.

Aside from the above characters, Friedberg and Seltzer are currently on the lookout for a ‘Jessica Simpson’, a ‘Justin Timberlake’, a ‘Prince’, a ‘Flava Flav’, a ‘Dr Phil’, a ‘Angelina Jolie’, ‘Paris Hilton’, and, of course, a ‘Michael Jackson’. “Goodie Two Shoes” films in Louisiana April 28 through June 6.

Someone just stabbed themselves in the eye with a sharp fork.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080402_superbad_movie.html

I hate these people now, They're not even considered film makers to me, their s**t makers.

I Hope they aren't, that makes other writers look bad.

now I'm pissed. Spoofing Superbad? That film is gold! And spoofing movies that haven't even come yet (even though those movies will be out by the time this movie is out)? Stupid. MTS was crap. Superhero movie was pretty bad too (not as bad as MTS though). I'm sure either Pamela Anderson or Carmen Electra will be in this.

Spoofing a movie that was a comedy already? What the hell??

That is, by far, the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I think this may be the last straw. I think moviegoers are sick of it, as seen by Superhero Movie's numbers. Hopefully this movie tanks. Or Friedberg and Seltzer die horrible deaths. I'm happy with either.

I think this may be the last straw. I think moviegoers are sick of it, as seen by Superhero Movie's numbers. Hopefully this movie tanks. Or Friedberg and Seltzer die horrible deaths. I'm happy with either.

Me too. The last several movies really haven't done all that well: Superhero Movie and The Comebacks tanked, Walk Hard, even though critics seem to agree that that one was actually good and was written by Judd Apatow (Had no desire to see it myself).

Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans didn't do TOO bad, but neither film even made it to $100,000,000 worldwide, so regardless of how little they cost to make, I doubt the studios were happy with the amount of money they got back from that.

So yeah, hopefully these things are on the way out.

Walk Hard is in a different category as these things, that movie was actually pretty good and hopefully gets more play when the dvd comes out.

They're spoofing films that haven't even come out?

:csad: God, help us all!

Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer need to die horrible deaths before they cause anymore harm to humanity.

Walk Hard is in a different category as these things, that movie was actually pretty good and hopefully gets more play when the dvd comes out.

Agreed

The difference between Walk Hard and "____" Movie movies (and their disgusting love child produced through incest, Meet the Spartans), is that Walk Hard is satire. It was a play on genre and cliches but it created it's own jokes and stories. Movies like Meet the Spartans on the other hand are "spoofs." Spoofs do not creat coherrant plots or come up with their own jokes. They simply copy scenes from other movies frame by frame and add stupid popculture references or penis jokes (Captain Jack Swollows...How old are these writers?).

There is all the difference int he world between Satire and Spoof genres.

Sigh. I fear that the days of Airplane! and the Naked Gun are over. :(

The last decent Spoof film in my eyes was not another teen movie and scary movie one and two, the rest have been total and complete crap.

Well I guess in a messed up place called Hollywood anyone can get something made as long as people keep going to see crap over and over again.

These two are the worst Filmmakers in History, they are basically an entire staircase below Uwe Boll...yes they are THAT bad...

Just make it stop....What's worse is that while we are suffering through their crap, these guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

They just make it PG-13 and add some fart and dick jokes to get the little kids who can't get into a rated R movie.

*Slams head repeatly against the wall*

Stop the madness please!!! I want to go back to the days of Airplane...

What's this gonna be called, Comedy Movie? Ridiculous.

Okay, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't get bothered easily buy silly movie ideas; for instance, remakes of some of my beloved films never bother me...I just ignore them BUT this is just crossing the thin line from absolutely silly to just plain ol' void of any sort of humanity. How can people make films so stupid?
Let me just give a BIG GOLDEN rule of spoof films (coming from a guy who is not an expert in spoof movies.)

THE GOLDEN RULE OF SPOOF MOVIES: YOU CANNOT SPOOF A COMEDY!!!!

....you know why???...BECAUSE ITS ALREADY FUNNY!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"