The Ultimate DC/Marvel Tournament - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bane, if he was as smart as in Knightfall then yes i vote for him, but recently he's not been shoun as smart.

I've always felt that prep time is useless when dealing with people that are far faster and stronger than you are. :o

Batman beat superman a lot of time thanks to prep time :o

In those circumstances you can replace "prep time" with "piss-poor writing". :o

Bane isn't Batman's equal mentally...

It's not so hard to weaken someone by giving them countless tasks to do, setting them up for you to take them out yourself... when they don't know you exist. It's simplistic plan that doesn't need THAT much intelligence to implement.

Let's not act like prep-time for Bane is somehow equally useful as it is to a Batman, or a Mr Fantastic or The Majestic or someone... He once had a simple plan which he implemented very well. That's all.

All of which had some kinda mitigating factor. Like take Hush for instance.

Kryptonite Ring didn't work. Froze his hand from a distance. Hit him with the entire Metropolis electrical grid. Shook it off. All it bought him was a few minutes. It took Catwoman throwing Lois off a building to snap him out of it. Is that a win? No. He just managed not to die with Prep Time.

Same with DKR. Had Superman not just survived a Nuke, and Green Arrow not shot a Kryptonite arrow at him, Batman would agot stomped. Much like that time Superman got mind controlled by Max Lord and put Bats in a coma. No, Prep Time is meaningless when you're dealing with a guy that can move faster than the speed of thought. You're best asset in such fights is luck more than anything.

Venom is just too fast and too strong. He's as fast and agile as Spidey, which is high end bullet timing. And he's around the class 80 level strength wise.

Unless Bane has some sonic devices to effect the symbiote, he gets ripped limb from limb and eaten with some garlic bread and pasta.

Venom is just too fast and too strong. He's as fast and agile as Spidey, which is high end bullet timing. And he's around the class 80 level strength wise.

Unless Bane has some sonic devices to effect the symbiote, he gets ripped limb from limb and eaten with some garlic bread and pasta.

Class 80? As in can lift 80 tons? ********. Venom shouldn't be anywhere near that much. Spidey himself is only in Class 10 last I checked, and Venom's not that much stronger.

Ahh yea your probably right. I think i overestimated the weight of cars and trucks, he's thrown them around before if i remember.

Bane isn't Batman's equal mentally...

It's not so hard to weaken someone by giving them countless tasks to do, setting them up for you to take them out yourself... when they don't know you exist. It's simplistic plan that doesn't need THAT much intelligence to implement.

Let's not act like prep-time for Bane is somehow equally useful as it is to a Batman, or a Mr Fantastic or The Majestic or someone... He once had a simple plan which he implemented very well. That's all.
Read more Bane stories than Knightfall before making the assessment that Bane can't rival Batman intellectually *cough*BaneoftheDemon*cough*

That being said, Venom still wins this easily.

Venom (the drug) doesn't make its users that much stronger than they already are. We're talking very low level super human strength here, so it's not going to give even a slight advantage to Bane against Brock. Heck, I'll even go as far to say that it'll be a disadvantage with the strong possibility of clouding his judgement (one of the reasons why he was smart enough to kick the addiction after one storyarc when it served as his achilles heal plot device) as well as providing a highly exploitable weakness for Eddie to use against him.

As for prep time, Bane has plenty of experience with all sorts of weapons but he's more like a guerrilla fighter (grenades, machine guns, mines, etc) and even with prep time he simply wouldn't have access to the kind of firearms that could possibly give him any sort of edge here (like sonic weapons or a disintegrator ray). Even if he did, like Anubis said, that would only get him so far with an opponent that can move with strength, reflexes, and agility far beyond a normal human.

Last edited:
I have read more than Knightfall (although admittedly not Bane of the Demon). But most of the stuff I've read which featured Bane in it does more to harm Bane's reputation as a thinker and I generally discount much of it as bad writing.

Saying "Bane is not Batman's mental equal" is not the same as saying he can't rival him mentally, either.

The "Prep Time" conditioning was to put Bane on even footing with Eddie, but since its unanimous that it won't make much of a difference, I'm now convinced there isn't any way for Bane to win, lest he sound barrage the symbiote to death.

I think it was the Bane mini with Talia and Ra's Al Ghul where one of the Ghuls said Bane is the only other perfect specimen alive besides the detective himself. That claim should put Bane in the same league as Batman, if what make's Batman so special is his physical conditioning, training, and mind.

But anyway, it wouldn't have taken me much to vote Venom to begin with, and after reading everyone's input...uh, Venom.

Unless Bane's prep time is preparing an incredibly ballsy attempt to bring the fight into a burning building so he can beat Brock and get out, Venom wins.

I have read more than Knightfall (although admittedly not Bane of the Demon). But most of the stuff I've read which featured Bane in it does more to harm Bane's reputation as a thinker and I generally discount much of it as bad writing.
That's fair and probably pretty accurate reasoning.
Saying "Bane is not Batman's mental equal" is not the same as saying he can't rival him mentally, either.
You're right in that. But using the Knightfall as the only example in your previous post doesn't actually illustrate the opinion that he's not Batman's mental equal. I agree that Bane's plan in that story was simplistic and fanboys give it too much credit, but then again, the story wasn't really about Bane or his plan. It was about Bruce's fall. Bane and his scheme was just a means to that end, and his involvement in the story didn't need to be more complicated than that.

Stories where Bane is actually the main character and uses a well written plan to pursue a certain goal (Vengeance of Bane II, Bane of the Demon, JSA: Confidential) are where readers will find better examples of his intelligence and planning than simply "tire Batman out and snap him like a twig," and where you can see evidence that he could very well be Batman's intellectual equal.

Last edited:
Bane couldn't hold his Venom. The strong-arm tactician fails to fall the psychotic alien/man hybrid and Venom wins 14-1

1617880-star_sapphire.jpg

Star Sapphire

1183159-animesongbird.jpg

vs. Songbird

Venom would kill Batman as well, so whether Bane is Batman's equal is irrelevant.

Anyway, don't know much about Star Sapphire. But i imagine she's faster and has better shields/durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"