The Ultimate Jossverse Thread

Abaddon

Watching
Reaction score
Discuss here all of Joss Whedon's great television series'.From Buffy, to Angel, to Firefly, the attempted Ripper mini series, and hell even the failed Buffy cartoon. Let us look back at some of the greatest tv making ever.

And of course every now and then I'll pop up with the occasional tv tidbit.:)

Here's a few to start of off:

*Oz(Seth Green) was originally supposed to be killed in the episode Passion.
*Darla(Julie Benz) was supposed to be killed by Angel at the end of Reprise
*Emma Caulfield(Anya) was planning on leaving Buffy in season 7.Her character would have been written out,however,once Emma found out that it would be the final season she decided to stay for the rest.Eventually leading to a very poor decision which I hate her for.:mad:

Dammit. There shoulda been a Buffy cartoon. That woulda been tight.

Oh, and Spike is the best.

I never cared for him much the same.:(:down

Has anyone ever read the Angel comic book that tells what happened at the last fight in Not Fade Away, and if so is it any good?

The Angel comic book does not tell what happened at the end of Not Fade Away.

Well damn, my mistake.

and when were they gonna do a Buffy cartoon?

its been talked about for about a year now.Do a google search and you should fin some more info on it,along with pictures.Most of the Buffy cast was to be part of it,except SMG who was to be replaced by the chick that voices Buffy in the games.

Oh I just recently got the first Whedon volume of Astonishing X-Men (because buffy and angel were great) and it was pretty kickass. I could definatly tell it was Whedon writing (mostly because Wolverine sounded exactly like Spike) but it was great.

Well, Spike was pretty obviously based on Wolverine.

No,Spike was based on Sid,of Sid & Nancy.

Reall? I don't know what that is. I always got Wolverine vibes from him.

Yeah, some pretty heavy Wolverine vibes at points.

The Question said:
Reall? I don't know what that is. I always got Wolverine vibes from him.
Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols as in. Sid and Nancy was a movie about Sid and his girlfriend Nancy. Now that I think about it Drucilla is a lot like Nancy from that movie, spaced out crazy and wired.

I thought Spike was supposed to be based on Billy Idol, myself. I didn't like that Spike sold out, either, but he was pretty good in Angel. That actually surprised me; I thought two vampires with souls would've gotten redundant and boring, but nope.

Anyone watching Firefly on the Sci Fi Channel on Fridays now? I'd forgotten how unbelievably awesome the show was until now. I'm gonna buy the DVDs soon. I think, in the long run, Firefly is the Whedonverse show that entertained me the most.

I think Spike has a better sense of humor than Wolvie.

lars573 said:
Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols as in. Sid and Nancy was a movie about Sid and his girlfriend Nancy. Now that I think about it Drucilla is a lot like Nancy from that movie, spaced out crazy and wired.

Thats exactly where the inspiration for the characters came from.

The biggest difference between Spike 'n' Dru and Sid 'n' Nancy (fashion aside) is that Joss flipped their hair colours.

heh.Joss does like to borrow from movies when creating villains.The Gentlemen looked like those guys from Dark City.

yeah and there were so many villains that ripped off of nasferatu its ridiculous.
Also, not having Xander as Buffy's love interest was a crime against humanity. They should make season 8 just to correct this fault.

She wasnt into Xander.He was a dorky,powerless,human.:confused:

Matthew_Murdock said:
Also, not having Xander as Buffy's love interest was a crime against humanity. They should make season 8 just to correct this fault.

Not true. Guys like Xander, and myself, always have that one female friend that they want for years, but it never happens. :(

One problem I had with Xander was that he basically doomed me. He was the guy on the show I expected to break out of his shell, become a more useful character. When he got the soldier memories, I was sure he would have a huge character arc where he became functional and useful. Kinda like I hope to do one day. But no, the soldier memories faded. WHAT THE ****?!!? And then he basically became old sit on the sidelines Xander, until his eye was crushed init's socket and he became slightly more useful. Luckily, I later got the character arc I was looking for in Wesley.

Similar situation with Fred,JL.Since her first appearances,everyones wondered how she fits into the group.Actually now tht I think about it,it was never made clear how she fit in.I loved her anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"