The Unemployment Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this doom and gloom I decided to post up some good news for the Obamacare fans

Recovery Stalled After Obamacare Passed
The law discourages employers from hiring in several ways:

Businesses with fewer than 50 workers have a strong incentive to maintain this size, which allows them to avoid the mandate to provide government-approved health coverage or face a penalty;

Businesses with more than 50 workers will see their costs for health coverage rise—they must purchase more expensive government-approved insurance or pay a penalty; and

Employers face considerable uncertainty about what constitutes qualifying health coverage and what it will cost. They also do not know what the health care market or their health care costs will look like in four years. This makes planning for the future difficult.
The fact that improvements in the job market ground to a halt after Congress passed Obamacare does not prove that the health care law caused it—correlation cannot prove causation. However, the fact does lend strong weight to the voices of businesses who say that the law is preventing hiring.

In a recent survey, 33 percent of business owners said the health care law was either their greatest or second-greatest obstacle to new hiring.[11] Federal Reserve officials report similar concerns. Dennis Lockhart, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, reports that:

In addition to slow and uncertain revenue growth, contacts in this recovery are frequently citing a number of other factors that are impeding hiring. Prominent among these is the lack of clarity about the cost implications of the recent health care legislation. We’ve frequently heard strong comments to the effect of “my company won’t hire a single additional worker until we know what health insurance costs are going to be.

Good news for the Obamacare advocates and bad news for those "behind the curve".

It looks like first time applications for unemployment benefits rose by 10,000 from the previous week.

Where's that economy supposed to be improving again? :huh:

It just amazes me that Wisconsin defied the will of Obama, and yet the state thrives . . . and thrives extremely well, apparently. :hehe:

Ok, I'm tired of hearing (mostly) nothing but bad news. Let's start using this thread to help too.

My company is hiring like crazy. If you're in California and are in accountancy, finance, or operations, I can refer you to HR for an interview.

I just heard that 24,000 less people applied for unemployment benefits last week. (Which means the number of people who did apply for benefits was ONLY 398,000.)

:dry:

With the BLS's wonky stats, next week they will revise today to a 400k figure.

I'm just tired of some in the administration trying to act like this is some sort of accomplishment.

It just amazes me that Wisconsin defied the will of Obama, and yet the state thrives . . . and thrives extremely well, apparently. :hehe:

So that goes to show that if the whole country defies Obama and the Congress that there will be prosperity for all.

Just wow....how long have people been saying that the government doesn't create jobs....HOW LONG? and now the government figures it out.

Just wow....how long have people been saying that the government doesn't create jobs....HOW LONG? and now the government figures it out.

Sadly, Kelly, I don't they've figured anything out. This, to me, seems like the first "volley" in a war to absolve Obama of all responsibility for what is likely to be a dismal unemployment rate and economic environment in 2012 (despite it still being Bush's fault). I suspect we'll see something like this, eventually:

President Obama: "Government doesn't create jobs--it can only create an environment conducive to hiring. Make no mistake, I have worked since day one on the economy and on creating jobs with a laser-like focus. I passed record-breaking tax cuts, I got healthcare reform, and I signed into law many additional regulations for corporate America to comply with. I did my part to help us recover from the worst economy since the Great Depression. It is the fault of corporate America for not hiring. Those corporate jet owners need to step up and start hiring. I've done my job, and now they need to do theirs."

Something like that . . .

I think that proves that a lot of us on here, an internet forum about superheroes, are more experienced than this current president.

This is not a partisan problem, it's our nations problem, the blame is on both sides of the isles!

Well they can create jobs! By bringing manufacturing jobs back to the United States, by over turning NAFTA so these big corporations don't get the big tax breaks by sending everything over seas. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. We can all whine about unemployment but the answer is right in front of us. If we tax China for everything that exports back into the US we stand a chance of paying China back with all that money they are paying back to us in taxation. I presume politicians are getting a heck a lot of kickbacks from the over seas lobbyists and ones here at home that want to keep this thing going. As I've discussed with many people about the current corporate business mentality, it's the thing that is ruining this country. CEO's in their contracts it says that their corporations have to turn a profit each more than the year before, for the stock holders, or they get fined. Personally to me the Stock Market has and ruined this country. The wealth should be a trickle down effect, going to the employees of a company, not the stockholders and the CEO's with their enormously ridiculous bonuses. The employees at home and abroad barely make it by or live in poverty(abroad).

My father works for one of the major insurance companies and he gets roughly $20 an hour and they just laid off 200 people and sent those jobs to India, and the CEO just got millions in a raise! Every day my father and his department are worried they'll be the next laid, their department is moved to India.

See recovery can't happen in this current system, more jobs are being sent over seas so that these corporations can still keep their overhead, I don't know how long that's going to last. A lot of people are discussing this amongst themselves, I know we are here, this will throw us into becoming a third world country!

We are all being distracted by the left and right propaganda to keep us off the real problem, to divide us. Because all the politicians (left and right) in Washington are benefitting from NAFTA, we are all being played right into their hands. Remember what I said above, they are all getting a cut. It's all about divide and conquer! One side is fighting who gets the power in Washington, they are the same on both sides, both side have taken part in destroying this country!

Keep watching your American Idol and Dancing with the Stars and the Kardashian's, as long as you are distracted and the entertainment propaganda news stations telling you what and when to think for political party gain, and everybody has to work more hours, both the husband and the wife now which we now have the nanny state. Hearing the horrible things every day on the news makes you apathetic, which is deliberately created to make you apathetic. We are the most entertained country in the world for a reason and now the most over worked (for those that are trying to get by that have jobs), the most media manipulated, all to keep us distracted and controlled, and to buy, buy, buy!

Last edited:
I think that proves that a lot of us on here, an internet forum about superheroes, are more experienced than this current president.

I guess being a Harvard-educated Constitutional lawyer doesn't make you the foremost expert in all matters, after all. :rimshot:

I don't think anyone here ever claimed that. Well...maybe Excel. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"