The unPREDICTABLE DC Boards Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
she's just the Presidents daughter, not Ravager....and if you watch the whole thing, you see why Batman tells Wally he isn't fast enough

in short, you're complaints are borne out of ignorance...take the additional 15 minutes and finish it up
Eh, the 70-odd minutes I watched weren't really that great in the first place. That's kind of why I just switched it off when I got to that stupid Batman/Wally scene. It was very average, much like the rest of DC's animated movies lately. We're a long way from Mask of the Phantasm these days...

I haven't seen it at all... let me guess, Batman just said that so the other dude would do it and possibly die while Wally would stay safe?

way to keep an open mind about it

essentially
Johhny Quick vibrates to create a portal for Batman to get through, and when he gets back, Quick stops vibrating and dies right there....Batman knew it would happen and thats why he stopped Wally from doing it

as for DCs DTVs Ive been fairly happy with most of them....definitely better than Marvels, which are absolute **** on toast with the exception of Hulk Vs.

way to keep an open mind about it

essentially
Johhny Quick vibrates to create a portal for Batman to get through, and when he gets back, Quick stops vibrating and dies right there....Batman knew it would happen and thats why he stopped Wally from doing it
So Batman killed Johnny Quick. Awesome.

Im sure he felt kinda bad about it....really excited for 'Under the Hood'

A movie I will proudly never watch because Jason Todd is still dead, as far as I'm concerned. :o
as for DCs DTVs Ive been fairly happy with most of them....definitely better than Marvels, which are absolute **** on toast with the exception of Hulk Vs.
"Better than Marvel's" ain't saying much. Personally, I think both publishers have been putting out some embarrassingly s***ty DTV movies. DC's are vapid nonsense that doesn't live up to their animation heyday in the '90s/early '00s and Marvel just refuses to spend the dough to get their animation anywhere near "good cartoon"-quality, let alone movie-quality, on top of giving the creative reins to Kyle and Yost, two of the crappiest writers in the business.

Yeah, they are better than Marvel's for sure, but that's just because Marvel's are so damn awful it's almost painful at times. The only DC DTV that I think I really liked all that much has been Wonder Woman, but even that one wasn't as good as it could have been really. I think a lot of it has to do with the time constraints; I think it's hard to make a fully developed story in only 60-70 minutes.

I hadn't seen Green Lantern: First Flight or the one you guys are talking about now, though.

Last edited:
First Flight was terrible to me, but I'm obviously biased. Even more than Hal being his usual boring self, though, the thing that bugged me most about First Flight was how pathetic it made Kilowog come off. I know Kyle will never be the main GL again and I accept that, but there's just no excuse for f***ing Kilowog up.

Time constraints are a factor and this comes up at every con I go to or interview I read...they only get X amount of money for each one and WB isn't going to loosen the pursestrings unless people buy the damn things

I own New Frontier, GL: First Flight, and Wonder Woman

I own Wonder Woman. I should pick up New Frontier, though. That was the only other good recent DTV from DC. The rest of them don't deserve my money.

First Flight was terrible to me, but I'm obviously biased. Even more than Hal being his usual boring self, though, the thing that bugged me most about First Flight was how pathetic it made Kilowog come off. I know Kyle will never be the main GL again and I accept that, but there's just no excuse for f***ing Kilowog up.

Yeah, well, my bias is the same as you, so I'm sure I'd feel the same :awesome:

Time constraints are a factor and this comes up at every con I go to or interview I read...they only get X amount of money for each one and WB isn't going to loosen the pursestrings unless people buy the damn things

You see, that's the things though, they do sell. Maybe not all them sell a million in a minute, but they all sell solidly enough to keep getting made. What's the limit for WB to loosen up?

I call bulls*** on the time/money argument. Many of these same people involved in the DTVs made some damned fine episodes of Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, and JL/JLU in less time and with less money than the DTVs get. :o

I own Wonder Woman. I should pick up New Frontier, though. That was the only other good recent DTV from DC. The rest of them don't deserve my money.
new frontier was terrible! it stripped all the good bits from the book and made a crappy jla story out of it :(

it and superman/batman are the only ones i've not liked so far

You are a horrible liar

You see, that's the things though, they do sell. Maybe not all them sell a million in a minute, but they all sell solidly enough to keep getting made. What's the limit for WB to loosen up?

If I had to venture a guess, WB wants something that sells 6 figures in the first two/three weeks....they want Disney DVD numbers

but they aren't going to get that because its a completely different audience who would sooner download the movie once it hits torrents, not have mommy or daddy buy it for them...which is how Disney gets their money

Apparently I'm great, 'cause I'm not lying. Accepting that Kyle's never gonna have the spotlight again doesn't mean I have to automatically like Hal or anything. :o
new frontier was terrible! it stripped all the good bits from the book and made a crappy jla story out of it :(

it and superman/batman are the only ones i've not liked so far
It stripped a lot out of the book's story, sure, but it was still pretty good to me. I didn't go in expecting it to be 100% true to the comic; these things never are. Well, I mean Under the Hood might be since that story was a vacuous waste of paper in the first place, but you can't expect a movie that's barely over an hour long to do justice to a story as good as The New Frontier.

It stripped a lot out of the book's story, sure, but it was still pretty good to me. I didn't go in expecting it to be 100% true to the comic; these things never are. Well, I mean Under the Hood might be since that story was a vacuous waste of paper in the first place, but you can't expect a movie that's barely over an hour long to do justice to a story as good as The New Frontier.
no, but i think expecting it to stick to the theme of the story instead of making it a pointless romp is reasonable enough

Kind of tough when the theme of the story was something largely inaccessible to anyone who doesn't read comics and/or know a fair bit about comic book history.

Kind of tough when the theme of the story was something largely inaccessible to anyone who doesn't read comics and/or know a fair bit about comic book history.
bull, it's an easy enough thing to translate. McCarthyism bad, getting along good.

so Im watching the ESPN documentary series 30 for 30 and tonights documentary is June 17 1994...opening day of the World Cup, Arnold Palmers last US Open, the Rangers Stanley Cup Parade and the infamous drive of OJ Simpson

the OJ fiasco changed a lot in terms of the media, how we view our sports personalities, and generally how attracted we are to human tragedy and ****ed up ness

But really, thats crazy to think.

"Oh some really stupid comic book related comment? That must be DACMAN."
It happens everywhere.

"Oh some really stupid movie related comment? That must be JAL."

"Oh some really stupid politics related comment? That must be Norman."

"Oh some really horrible modding? That must be Corpsucksalot1." [BLACKOUT]Kidding.[/BLACKOUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"