The unAUTHENTIC DC Boards Lounge version 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true :up:

And his Norman Osborn was fracking hillarious in his craziness :hehe:
Any comic in which Norman Osborn goes nuts and starts stabbing people is awesome :awesome:
You know, weirdly, I have been composing a playlist of 20 or so songs that are both my favorite, and I consider defining to some degree to me (even though all to a very small degree).

So, far, the list is small

Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
This Must be the Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads
World at Large - Modest Mouse
Lady Stardust - David Bowie
Do you Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1 - The Flaming Lips
Teenage Dream - T.Rex (possibly)
A Day in the Life - The Beatles (possibly)

The quest continues.
You have good taste in music :up:
Yeah, Pym is the better character. But I think Wright's film isn't going to be as serious as the rest of the Marvel films. Plus, the story fits Wright's style like a glove.

It all depends if they want it to fit with the rest of the marvel film continuity.
Well from what has been gathered from interviews with Wright & Cornish over the years Ant-Man is full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element though not an all out comedy or spoof movie.

Ant-Man going to be a Scientist/secret agent and the movie will feature Hank Pym and Scott Lang. Pym as the orginal hero and Lang as his successor.

Pym will use nanotechnology. Thats what they have said from their past drafts. I hope wives Maria/ Janet and Bill Foster make an apperance.

Yeah, I'm not SUPER into the Beatles. I dig a lot of their stuff but I'm not a die hard or anything.

Personally, I prefer the Kinks.

Shocking I know. :o
I like The Zombies best out of the 60s British bands

Dat Norman Osborn be crazy

I tend to just put my s**t on shuffle and it cycles through 3000 plus songs seemingly intuitive of my mood.

When I got caught cheating on an ex? Hey by the Pixies.

During a pregnancy Scare on two different occasions? Brick by The Ben Folds Five and Daddies Eyes by The Killers.

When I got shot. Who Shot ya by the Notorius BIG.

I swear this thing is effin' magical. :o

That's a Twilight Zone episode waiting to happen

You are entering a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind 'Nubsy

You know what I just bought? A Zune HD. Yeah, they're still around :awesome:

:awesome: :up:

I'm surprised to find out Sir Salman Rushdie is a big superhero comic book fan

I remember him talking about that before. I think he had an oil painting of Spider-Man or something like that in his living room. Said he wanted to do a graphic novel once, but that was a few years back.

that would probably not be a great idea.....Im ok with Rushdie but him doing comics is probably not the greatest idea....anyone that has read him would agree

It'd be impossible to tell for sure until he actually tried to do it. Artists experimenting with other mediums outside their usual one can sometimes crash and burn, but they can surprise, too (Rucka and Gaiman both began as novelists, for example). But that's been at least two years ago since I heard that, so he may have abandoned it.

I've only read American Gods and Anansi Boys, and they were good, but I enjoyed The Sandman and his other comics work quite a bit more.

personally, I think Gaiman makes a much better novelist....

I :hrt: Gaiman's novels and his comic books. Sandman is still one of my favouritest comic books of all time :up:

American Gods and Neverwhere are both great though and Gaiman is an amazing novelist. He is also a cat :up:

I've only read American Gods and Anansi Boys, and they were good, but I enjoyed The Sandman and his other comics work quite a bit more.

Sandman was fabulous its true. One of the best series from Vertigo in my opinion

So, you think Gaiman is a hack because his books attract goth kids?

Well, neither ripping off anyone or attracting goth kids in your audiences have much to do with being a hack to begin with, so actually, that's a pretty bad play.

but isn't that the traditional definition of "hack"....ripping off of others ??

No, not really. The 'traditional' meaning is basically someone who is paid to produce a large amount of cheap and quick works in whatever medium in a short time (usually article writing or pulp fiction). What it's shifted to mean nowadays is someone who writes without any care of artistic merit (not that that's all they care about, just that it's something they at least strive for in some ways).

Ripping off others (as in literally stealing their ideas outright) is just plagiarism. A hack could be that, but it's not something that really makes someone a hack, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"