Superman Returns The way to SAVE this series...

casketmouth

Civilian
Reaction score
I posted this already but no one really read it... tell singer to read this.

Richard is about the same age as clark and so he has been around almost as long as him right?! So it would be cool if when superman first landed on earth, Braniac was on the ship as part of the enhanced artificial intellegance. Jor el placed him there to guide the ship to safety and all that stuff. During the travel to earth, as kal el adjusted so did braniac. The computer becomes extremely intellegant as it rips through time. then the crash landing on earth.

Braniac detaches from the ship before it lands though and winds up in some city where richard is born. As a microscopic chip braniac implants himself into richard as a baby and grows up through him and learns the world, at the same time keeping tabs on clark in smallville by the connectivity with the ship. I mean highly intellegant form of AI. Clark then ironically goes to work for the same place Richards farther works...Perry White, and then Richard takes the oppurtunity to go there too when superman travels. He falls in love with Lois, lois gets the kid, and braniac has superman's love in his house, and his now home grown kryptonian. Raises the kid who grows superfast to have a final battle in the third installment of this movie. The kid mutates in growth due to braniac attempting to speed up the process, hence forth becoming doomsday or somethign like that LOL LOL

gosh guys i just want that kid gone LOL!!!!! and richard, even though he was the most entertaining of the cast.

Oh my freakin god, LET THIS WHOLE BRANIAC CRAP GO. WHY IS EVERYONE SO OBSESSED WITH BRANIAC!!!!!

Those who want Brainiac to be in the movie...are you talking about the green-skinned bald guy alien who shrunk Kandor? Or the revised character who is some silvery robot?

And do you really want to see this thing in a Superman movie?

casketmouth said:
I posted this already but no one really read it... tell singer to read this.

Richard is about the same age as clark and so he has been around almost as long as him right?! So it would be cool if when superman first landed on earth, Braniac was on the ship as part of the enhanced artificial intellegance. Jor el placed him there to guide the ship to safety and all that stuff. During the travel to earth, as kal el adjusted so did braniac. The computer becomes extremely intellegant as it rips through time. then the crash landing on earth.

Braniac detaches from the ship before it lands though and winds up in some city where richard is born. As a microscopic chip braniac implants himself into richard as a baby and grows up through him and learns the world, at the same time keeping tabs on clark in smallville by the connectivity with the ship. I mean highly intellegant form of AI. Clark then ironically goes to work for the same place Richards farther works...Perry White, and then Richard takes the oppurtunity to go there too when superman travels. He falls in love with Lois, lois gets the kid, and braniac has superman's love in his house, and his now home grown kryptonian. Raises the kid who grows superfast to have a final battle in the third installment of this movie. The kid mutates in growth due to braniac attempting to speed up the process, hence forth becoming doomsday or somethign like that LOL LOL

gosh guys i just want that kid gone LOL!!!!! and richard, even though he was the most entertaining of the cast.

Richard isnt Perry's son he's his Nephew.
And there is nothing that can happen that will save this movie, and its sequels.. They simply WONT happen now. Period!

FanboyX_Returns said:
Richard isnt Perry's son he's his Nephew.
And there is nothing that can happen that will save this movie, and its sequels.. They simply WONT happen now. Period!

Nothing makes me ignore someone faster than when they try to predict the future. I call them Cleo Trolls. They're the worst!

This Superman series needs to DIE......and then be restarted.

retconned said:
This Superman series needs to DIE......and then be restarted.

se·ries ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (sîr
prime.gif
emacr.gif
z)
n. pl. series
  1. A number of objects or events arranged or coming one after the other in succession.

As far as I am aware, there is only one new Superman movie out.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
se·ries ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (sîr
prime.gif
emacr.gif
z)
n. pl. series
  1. A number of objects or events arranged or coming one after the other in succession.

As far as I am aware, there is only one new Superman movie out.

It's part of the Donner continuity, regardless of how you want to spin it, and don't you try to play it off like it's not, Im sick and tired of hearing about Vague History, the concept that played a part in ruining this film.

retconned said:
It's part of the Donner continuity, regardless of how you want to spin it, and don't you try to play it off like it's not, Im sick and tired of hearing about Vague History, the concept that played a part in ruining this film.

Screw that, Singer realized WISELY that Donner told the origins about as well as could be, and it's doubtful that anyone else come duplicate it, plus it's all fresh on our minds because the first (and second, for some) film is still much beloved. WE ALREADY know Superman's origins! Let's move on!

I think it's great that Superman Returns can sit beside the other films.

People bring up Batman Begins as a point against that, but they don't realize Batman 89 wasn't even an origin story!

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Screw that, Singer realized WISELY that Donner told the origins about as well as could be, and it's doubtful that anyone else come duplicate it, plus it's all fresh on our minds because the first (and second, for some) film is still much beloved. WE ALREADY know Superman's origins! Let's move on!

People bring up Batman Begins as a point against that, but they don't realize Batman 89 wasn't even an origin story!

If this were 1980 I'd say that yes Donner told the origin story about as well as could be. Guess what it's 2006 and Disco is dead, along with SR. Get rid of Disco Ball Krypton, let Brando and Ford rest in peace, and reboot this POS with an updated take. Then people will fill the theaters and actually reward the effort.

SolidSnakeMGS said:

The concept that Singer had COULD HAVE WORKED. I did zero bashing of Singer's decision to continue the old franchise before the film, but the story lacked all creativity and was very one dimensional, and the characters were written to be very wooden, creating a Superman that did not reconnect with the audience, a Superman that lacked rewatchable quality for most people outside of Donner fanboys, and in the end, a Superman that was a failure.

I don't know if the series will be restarted or not, but Singer and his lackey writers won't be back.

retconned said:
The concept that Singer had COULD HAVE WORKED. I did zero bashing of Singer's decision to continue the old franchise before the film, but the story lacked all creativity and was very one dimensional, and the characters were written to be very wooden, creating a Superman that did not reconnect with the audience, a Superman that lacked rewatchable quality for most people outside of Donner fanboys, and in the end, a Superman that was a failure.

I don't know if the series will be restarted or not, but Singer and his lackey writers won't be back.
Well said, and I was in the exact same boat before the film's released. I was worried about the kid, and all the vague history nonesense, but not once was I not looking forward to SR. Saw it opening night, and don't think I could have been more disappointed. I'm a fan of Superman, and always will be. But I'm not going to buy into something just because it has his name and symbol on it. That's not to say I'm discounting those of you who did like it, but sadly, I'm not among you.

Fan of Tomorrow said:
Well said, and I was in the exact same boat before the film's released. I was worried about the kid, and all the vague history nonesense, but not once was I not looking forward to SR. Saw it opening night, and don't think I could have been more disappointed. I'm a fan of Superman, and always will be. But I'm not going to buy into something just because it has his name and symbol on it. That's not to say I'm discounting those of you who did like it, but sadly, I'm not among you.

Im right there with you. No matter how much I love the character, Im not letting myself be blinded into believing this was a good film.

You have it ALL wrong.

The way to save this series?
To save Superman?

is to stop making ****ty movies.

Caldwell said:
You have it ALL wrong.

The way to save this series?
To save Superman?

is to stop making ****ty movies.

HAHA, distilled down to its essence. Thank you very much!

Funny how if you hated the movie, you're simply expressing your opinion....yet if you liked it, you're blind or are a fanboy or a blind fanboy. That's what makes talking to you people so utterly pointless and one-sided. Not all of you, but some of you...

DieselsDen said:
Those who want Brainiac to be in the movie...are you talking about the green-skinned bald guy alien who shrunk Kandor? Or the revised character who is some silvery robot?

And do you really want to see this thing in a Superman movie?
Yes we do. :)
Would you prefer Nucleur Man or some other made-for-movie nonsence like Jason?
Either
Darkseid, Brainiac, Bizzarro, Parasite, Eradicator or Metallo.

Skullbearer said:
If you dont like SR, then go make your own flippin' movie.
No point. We'll get another movie from WB sans Bryan Singer in a few years. And Superman Returns will be thrown into the $5 'failed adaptions' DVD Bargin bin along with DareDevil and Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"