Superman Returns Anyone else here think Donner had some actual influence in Superman Returns?

SHF

On a Rise
Reaction score
I was watching Superman II last night it just seemed as though Returns would have been the Superman 3 in Donners time. So when I heard Singer is friends with Donner I had to wonder if it was Donner's idea for Superman to leave and come back and find out he has a kid.

In Superman II Lois and Clark hooked up and apparently she got pregnant but when Clark gave her the Super kiss it wiped her memory but she was still pregnant. So im thinking Lois gets with Richard not long after and presumes thats his kid.

Although I thought maybe the Super kiss wasnt Donner's idea, maybe he wanted the Lois and Clark's relationship to build with the kid becoming apartof there life. So Singer did that in Returns.

It was all Bryan Singers and Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris' story, it was influenced by Donner's Superman movie but not by Donner himself. Once they had the story they showed it to Donner and he gave his approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"