The White Walkers Thread

untitled-39.gif
untitled-40.gif
untitled-431.gif
untitled-441.gif

I like how they did that scene.

So...how exactly did The Children lose their war against the First Men, when they had freaking grenades, and could use some pretty serious magic?

The same way they just lost to the wights -overwhelmed by quantity. Men have bows and arrows too, and obviously the offensive capabilities of the Children's magic is rather limited.

The first men provided warm milk and a copy of season 5.

Victory.

:funny:

The First Men unleashed the Sand Snakes and the Children were slaughtered by their lines.

TFW you and your pissdrunk friends sound like Sand Snakes.

Oh, so that explains their dialogue....

Could I be wrong, or did Martin say somewhere that the Night's King's place as leader of the White Walkers was mostly a show-only thing? Because I'm thinking that may be the best out-of-universe explanation for why the legend of the Night's King as a former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch seems compeltley Un-associated from the show's reality of him being a White Walker transformed by the Children of the Forrest.

Before the revelation on the WW origin. For a while, I had my own theory. That the White Walkers were like...the first human race to endure the first winter, and became so adapt to it, they became it. I was really hoping the WW would have been their own race of people that time forgot. Rather than a type of weapon made by the Children. :(

Ok, one last rant on this whole White Walker thing, and then I'm done with it forever.

This is what a wiki of ice and fire says about the Children and White Walkers.

"The Pact lasted for 4,000 years before the enigmatic Others invaded from the uttermost north, bringing death and destruction to both races, during an extended period of winter known as the Long Night. The children of the forest joined with the First Men, lead by the last hero, to fight against the Others in the Battle for the Dawn. Eventually the Others were driven back into the Lands of Always Winter."

So going by that, it seems that they DIDN'T create the White Walkers, and were just as vulnerable to them as we humans are. So...why the change? God I hope there's some sort of twist in there.

Also, how in the hell does shoving dragon glass (an element imbued with fire, which kills White Walkers) create an ice zombie? That's like shoving kryptonite in Superman's heart, and him getting stronger.

Ok, one last rant on this whole White Walker thing, and then I'm done with it forever.

This is what a wiki of ice and fire says about the Children and White Walkers.

"The Pact lasted for 4,000 years before the enigmatic Others invaded from the uttermost north, bringing death and destruction to both races, during an extended period of winter known as the Long Night. The children of the forest joined with the First Men, lead by the last hero, to fight against the Others in the Battle for the Dawn. Eventually the Others were driven back into the Lands of Always Winter."

So going by that, it seems that they DIDN'T create the White Walkers, and were just as vulnerable to them as we humans are. So...why the change? God I hope there's some sort of twist in there.

Also, how in the hell does shoving dragon glass (an element imbued with fire, which kills White Walkers) create an ice zombie? That's like shoving kryptonite in Superman's heart, and him getting stronger.

Where was it established in the show that dragon glass is imbued with fire? It kills white walkers because its imbued with magic. The magic of the Children. Its all about the magic of the Children. Not fire. Apparently a Child of the Forest can use the glass to do more than just kill White Walkers. I guess think of the glass as a tool or a channel for the magic. When the glass of combined with the magic of the Children it can do a number of things.

Last edited:
Night King try to kills Bran for what? Revenge? Ruling the world?
Is the man who stabbed in the heart by Children of The Forest a First Man? Or just a human?

Why did a chunk of rock from a planet on which Superman was born have an adverse effect on him?

Creation and destruction can have the same seed, the magical program for both tied to the same element.

Where was it established in the show that dragon glass is imbued with fire? It kills white walkers because its imbued with magic. The magic of the Children. Its all about the magic of the Children. Not fire. Apparently a Child of the Forest can use the glass to do more than just kill White Walkers. I guess think of the glass as a tool or a channel for the magic. When the glass of combined with the magic of the Children it can do a number of things.

Where is it established that all dragonglass is imbued with Childish magic? Sure, they focused their energy through it as you say (perhaps like a crystal), but I don't think Sam's weapon (found at the Fist and which belonged to ancient First Men, or Night's Watch) was necessarily "enchanted" by the CoF.

I see it as a material spell component like one used by a mage (a pinch of batwing, a drop of mercury, etc.) needed to cast a spell. And because the substance was instrumental in the creation of the first one and rests inside the first one as the heart of the spell, it's also the "killswitch"/ Achilles Heel that terminates the program, so to speak.

And technically dragonglass is "imbued with fire" or by the deeper fire of the planet because dragonglass is igneous obsidian! I'll bet that they fashion effective weapons against the WW's from the ample supply of it on volcanic Dragonstone --untouched by the CotF. That's why Stannis mentioned that detail to Sam -not an accidental coincidence!

Valyrian Steel also destroys WW's and it's "imbued by fire" as well, allegedly forged using dragonfire in volcanic Valyria. These weapons vs. the WW's symbolize the elemental conflict between fire and ice.

Last edited:
Where was it established that some dragonglass isnt imbued with fluffy bunny magic? :o

:funny:

Did the fluffy bunnies sail to Dragonstone, Valyria, and every other volcano to fart on all the obsidian? :oldrazz:

Those fluffy little bastards are the cause of the Doom of Valyria and the true enemy of the world. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"