The Witcher: Blood Origin

Yeesh with these horrible song choices in trailer. Like using Four Non Blondes' Wha's Up in Resident Evil.

If it makes you feel any better, the song is also used in the movie...

I haven't finished the season, but I saw the trailer for this. Yeah, I don't think this makes it past season 1. The drawing point for the Witcher is Geralt. They are going to find spin offs hard to make because of that.

As a long time fan, who have read books five times, played live RPGs for 5 years, and played W1, W2 (x2) and W3 (x2), watched polish series a few times and Netflix "adaptation" I can't see a single reason to watch this thing.

As a long time fan, who have read books five times, played live RPGs for 5 years, and played W1, W2 (x2) and W3 (x2), watched polish series a few times and Netflix "adaptation" I can't see a single reason to watch this thing.

Well like, where's the actual conjunction? Where are the monsters? We see humans and elves fighting and that's it. There's no context or clue for any of what's going on. It doesn't seem to have any connection to the world of "The Witcher" at all, other than the elves being there.

I genuinely do like Cavill as Geralt all things aside. It's the writing in S2 I think took a turn for the worse.

I genuinely do like Cavill as Geralt all things aside. It's the writing in S2 I think took a turn for the worse.

Yeah he's grown on me but if this ever gets cancelled and HBO or Starz picks up the series to be based on the game trilogy id totally be cool with McGowan haha

Is this based on a book or new material?

Is this based on a book or new material?

It's basically new material inspired by lore in the books. The lore being the Conjunction of the Spheres, which is what the show is supposed to be about.

Well like, where's the actual conjunction? Where are the monsters? We see humans and elves fighting and that's it. There's no context or clue for any of what's going on. It doesn't seem to have any connection to the world of "The Witcher" at all, other than the elves being there.
The main show needed a Fellowship of the Ring type prologue. Showing the conjunction, the first witchers, the human war with the elves, and a bit about the current state of affairs. Or they should have made the entire first episode a prologue. That ship has sailed tho, and I think they held back in season 2 because they want to address this stuff in Blood and Origin, but if that is their reason they should have released Blood and Origin in the summer of 2021.

Last edited:
The main show needed a Fellowship of the Ring type prologue. Showing the conjunction, the first witchers, the human war with the elves, and a bit about the current state of affairs. Or they should have made the entire first episode a prologue. That ship has sailed tho, and I think they held back in season 2 because they want to address this stuff in Blood and Origin, but if that is their reason they should have released Blood and Origin in the summer of 2021.

This would be the type of show to have scenes like that, since it's about expanding the mythology and lore of the world.

This would be the type of show to have scenes like that, since it's about expanding the mythology and lore of the world.
I'm concerned by how primitive nd undeveloped the land and dwellings look in the trailer. These elves are supposed to be advanced and their civilization should be beyond what humans have in the main show. There should be thriving agriculture, massive cities, magic unlike what we've seen in the main show, and I think they should even have industrial machinery and be on their way to a modern civilization to really drive home how much the humans cost the elves and how far back they set all civilizations on the planet. Making the elves just another middle ages European or chinese type civilization would be so uninteresting and unoriginal.

I'm concerned by how primitive nd undeveloped the land and dwellings look in the trailer. These elves are supposed to be advanced and their civilization should be beyond what humans have in the main show. There should be thriving agriculture, massive cities, magic unlike what we've seen in the main show, and I think they should even have industrial machinery and be on their way to a modern civilization to really drive home how much the humans cost the elves and how far back they set all civilizations on the planet. Making the elves just another middle ages European or chinese type civilization would be so uninteresting and unoriginal.

That's a good point but the Conjunction might've been a devastating event. While I generally hated the first teaser trailer, I'm still willing to wait and see a bit what they come up with.

Oh right. Hopefully it achieves that then. The Witcher could do with more breadth to the lore and that would help the main series feel larger scale than it is.

I'm not getting good vibes from this... I wonder if this is still coming out this year?

Four episodes barely seems worth it but yeah shortening it and having to bring in another character more from a popular series to prop it up who doesnt really have anything to do with it seems like desperation tactics. We shall see but not expecting much from this.

Minnie Driver is always good. But it’s odd that they didn’t release a new trailer for this at TUDUM.

That poster is kinda goofy looking, lol. That dagger weirdly looks like a pair of scissors.

Minnie Driver is always a W but seems a bit late in the day for this. It will scratch my fantasy/Witcher itch this summer and its got a few people I like a lot in it but still barely any footage being shown this close to release is not building a lot of confidence.

Minnie Driver is always good. But it’s odd that they didn’t release a new trailer for this at TUDUM.

That poster is kinda goofy looking, lol. That dagger weirdly looks like a pair of scissors.
Agreed on Minnie Driver and the scissors. :D Can’t unsee that now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"