The X-Men 3 Photo Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think a Colossus vs. Juggernaut would've been obvious too. But with FOX at the helm, expect no more than the cheapest budget possible.

Sadly, I think they had a lot of money at their disposal, but I also think a lot of that money was used to compensate for the studio’s poor pre-production decisions regarding the film.

Last edited:
i wish that they would release a statement about how much the budget was.

i know it was huge. they spent so much on tv spots and stuff. i swear there were like 12 of them.

yeah, what an idiot right?

It was probably for practical reason as much as anything else. He signed on with eight weeks before filming began and had to make decisions as to how he would make the release date.

i wish that they would release a statement about how much the budget was.

i know it was huge. they spent so much on tv spots and stuff. i swear there were like 12 of them.

Studios do not tend to release statements of their production budgets. And marketing is an entirely separate cost that is nothing to do with the production cost.

BoxOfficeMojo puts the X3 budget at $210m, while The Numbers puts it at $150m. Quite a disparity there. It's possible that the difference is the amount spent on Matthew Vaughn's pre-production work.

BoxOfficeMojo also incorrectly states the budget for Superman Returns as $270m when Singer stated it as $204m, as recorded by The Numbers. The $270m probably includes the cost of the previous aborted attempts at a Superman film before Singer was on board.

http://www.the-numbers.com/

You'd think a Colossus vs. Juggernaut would've been obvious too. But with FOX at the helm, expect no more than the cheapest budget possible.

Well, given the $250m to $300m for Cameron's Avatar, I'm not sure that is true...

A Colossus v Juggernaut fight might have been nice but stuff has always been cut from the X-movies. Angel, Beast and Blob got cut from X1; Archangel, Sentinels and a Nightcrawler vs Toad climactic battle were cut from X2. With so many characters and so many big stars with big paychecks, something has to give....

Some new behind the scenes pics of the very talented scultptor/costume/creature designer Jose Fernandez working on Colossus's armor.

Wonder if Daniel got to keep the mask? I mean it's custom made for his face and all.

josecollossus21.jpg

josecollossushead.jpg

collossusarm1.jpg
josecollossusarm.jpg

collossushead.jpg

SOURCE Link: http://ironheadstudio.com/?page_id=10

I interviewed Jose Fernandez once. Cool guy.

Wow, awesome. Its too bad we didnt see more of Collosus. Ya know, I know its just wishfull thinkin on my part. But how cool would it be to make an X-4, then cover the whole sentinel future with mastermold? Half the xmen are already dead so it would kind of fit. Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse? Thats always been one of my favorite story lines. And Collosus would be part of the remaining xmen. :D

I wouldn't want Fox touching that story with a ten foot pole

It must never have been a part of the script. If they wanted to make it a real event to begin with, they would've fought to get the money for it. :(

Some new behind the scenes pics of the very talented scultptor/costume/creature designer Jose Fernandez working on Colossus's armor.

Wonder if Daniel got to keep the mask? I mean it's custom made for his face and all.

josecollossus21.jpg

josecollossushead.jpg

collossusarm1.jpg
josecollossusarm.jpg

collossushead.jpg

SOURCE Link: http://ironheadstudio.com/?page_id=10

A friend sent me some of these pics too. I'll have to find them and add them here.

It must never have been a part of the script. If they wanted to make it a real event to begin with, they would've fought to get the money for it. :(

Whether it was or not, it was definitely planned at some point, as there is pre-production art showcasing such. There was that, Phoenix destroying San Fran [Whole city!] and Iceman ice sliding off the roof of Alcatraz instead of jumping down with Kitty.

While those things would have been great to have in the film as eye candy the time and money required to add those sequences would have been too big. Remember the movie was already costing more than 200 million dollars with a very tight schedule.

IMO X3 would have been better served if it didn't have so many characters and storylines for a less than two hour long movie.:o

Closing, due to huge post count. Feel free to start a new photo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"