Days of Future Past X-men Actors GALLERY thread

I just don't think a team movie with Cable (as the leader) and more obscure mutants is the best idea as the follow-up movie to DOFP.
Your acting as if this movie is the sequel to DOFP,it may have some tie ins of course but its not X4 or X5 like i stated before. And you never know how the audience will take this new team, just because Orgins and FC in your opinion didnt do well,things could very well change and this could possibly be a good step of faith. The originals dont have to be in everything for it to be a success.

It will be marketed as X-Men spin-off, they will probably label them as mutants just with a different group name and if performs badly at box-office, it could be bad for the entire X-Men franchise. And I just find it hard to believe that this movie could perform better than Origins, First Class and Wolverine without a single character from the original trilogy appearing in the movie.

Well your opinion dosent make or break the movie alone just like mine dosent. Neither one of us knows how these movies will do. As I stated before the movie OC isnt apart of Xforce except Wolverine, in my heart I believe that there is a possibility of a movie other than the OC can be a success. Yes it can be bad if it fails for the franchise but fans of other characters deserve a chance to see a different storyline and their favs as you would like to see yours on the big screen.

this is like saying:

if Ant-Man fails, it will affect Avengers 3 and maybe Marvel wont do it.

This is the same case, X-Force is a spin-off, not a movie with original cast or FC, so its boxoffice wont have any impact on the main series.

:applaud Thank you this is what im trying to explain to him. You hit the nail on the head.

this is like saying:

if Ant-Man fails, it will affect Avengers 3 and maybe Marvel wont do it.

This is the same case, X-Force is a spin-off, not a movie with original cast or FC, so its boxoffice wont have any impact on the main series.

Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy failing won't affect other MCU films, I doubt people would see them as another Iron Man film, another Captain America film, another Thor film, another Avengers movie. They will be seen as their own thing even if their movie has cameos from Iron Man, Hulk, etc... and if they are appearing in an Avengers movie.

People would see X-Force as a X-Men spin-off especially if they label them as mutants and if Wolverine is in the movie. Thats why its also important for The Wolverine to be a good movie and do well at the box-office, because if it bombed and critics hated the movie, it wouldn't help X-Men: Days of Future Past next year and I just can imagine people blaming The Wolverine if DOFP doesn't do well at the box-office just like how people blame X3/Origins for the short-comings of First Class.

Last edited:
Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy failing won't affect other MCU films, I doubt people would see them as another Iron Man film, another Captain America film, another Thor film, another Avengers movie. They will be seen as their own thing even if their movie has cameos from Iron Man, Hulk, etc... and if they are appearing in an Avengers movie.

People would see X-Force as a X-Men spin-off especially if they label them as mutants and if Wolverine is in the movie.

No, it would not affect other main X-Men films. It would affect them doing other X-related spin-offs, maybe, but not the main series. Saying that they would, makes no sense. They'd be an entirely new set of characters, not the main X-Men which have their own drawing ability.

Ant Man and the Avengers, XForce and X-Men would be the same thing you cant say because AntMan fails it wont affect the Avengers even with appearances by IM or Hulk. But a Xforce movie that dosent have any of the OC characters except Wolvie will make all other X-men movies fail is kind of a contradiction to say.

No, it would not affect other main X-Men films. It would affect them doing other X-related spin-offs, maybe, but not the main series. Saying that they would, makes no sense. They'd be an entirely new set of characters, not the main X-Men which have their own drawing ability.

First Class being the lowest grossing X-Men movie to date kinda affected the main series. They would probably not bring back the original cast for a 4th film if First Class did so well at the box-office.

The box-office performance/reception of X-Force will have an effect on all upcoming X-Men films since they are being made by the same studio and they are part of the same movie franchise.

First Class being the lowest grossing X-Men movie to date kinda affected the main series. They would probably not bring back the original cast for a 4th film if First Class did so well at the box-office.

The box-office performance/reception of X-Force will have an effect on all upcoming X-Men films since they are being made by the same studio and they are part of the same movie franchise.
Which is the same as the Avengers being same franchise as AntMan, FC didnt sell well but the reviews of the movie itself renewed interest back in the brand. The OC may be back because Singer is back i dosent mean they didnt do a good job.

:doh: Like talking to a brick wall.

The only thing it will affect is doing any more X-Force movies and even doing more spin-offs. If anything, it will send them running back to make more main titles to keep the rights. Heck, it might even make them try more spin-off to try and find something else that works.

Which is the same as the Avengers being same franchise as AntMan, FC didnt sell well but the reviews of the movie itself renewed interest back in the brand. The OC may be back because Singer is back i dosent mean they didnt do a good job.

MCU and X-Men are different. The films of MCU can fall into different categories. Ant-Man would fall into the Avengers film category and Ant-Man film category, but it won't fall in the Iron Man movie category, Cap movie category, Thor movie category. If Ant-Man fails, it won't have an effect on Thor/Iron Man/Captain America. It might have an effect in the Avengers 2, but not so much because they still have Thor, Captain America and Iron Man to carry the short-comings of the other MCU films.

With X-Men, they all fall into 1 category! Thats why its not a good idea for X-Men to release so many spin-off movies.

:doh: Like talking to a brick wall.

The only thing it will affect is doing any more X-Force movies and even doing more spin-offs. If anything, it will send them running back to make more main titles to keep the rights. Heck, it might even make them try more spin-off to try and find something else that works.

Making more X-Force movies and spin-off movies will have a direct effect on the main series because instead of just continuing the original series, FOX would have to use their time/money focusing on making X-Factor/spin-off movies. Therefore it would delay a potential X-Men 5 movie.

Last edited:
MCU and X-Men are different. The films of MCU can fall into different categories. Ant-Man would fall into the Avengers film category and Ant-Man film category, but it won't fall in the Iron Man movie category, Cap movie category, Thor movie category. If Ant-Man fails, it won't have an effect on Thor/Iron Man/Captain America. It might have an effect in the Avengers 2, but not so much because they still have Thor, Captain America and Iron Man to carry the short-comings of the other MCU films.

With X-Men, they all fall into 1 category! Thats why its not a good idea for X-Men to release so many spin-off movies.

Making more X-Force movies and spin-off movies will have a direct effect on the main series because instead of just continuing the original series, FOX would have to use their time/money focusing on making X-Factor/spin-off movies. Therefore it would delay a potential X-Men 5 movie.
Its in one category because people like yourself only want movies with the OC and for them not to branch out into new different things. I never said it would affect Thor or Capt America I was just showing you how much sense your comment made. MU is different but right now all the X-Universe has is XMen and FC, dont be so negative when they want to maybe try pleasing other fans and introduce a wider variety of teams.

Yes, because of that ever present magical rule that says a studio can only make one film in a franchise at a time. :whatever:

I'm not gonna continue this discussion anymore because I'm already getting tired saying the same thing over and over again.

But bottom-line is a X-Men 4/5/6 has more potential for success rather a X-Force/Deadpool/Magneto movie. And there's more possibility that a X-Men movie can be as successful as a MCU film/a Spidey film.

I don't think the mainstream audience are really that hungry and interested for something new. Plus we haven't seen the original cast in a film together for like 8 years.

And you cant speak for all mainstream audience when your only one person. Eventually your gonna have to move on the OC can carry the torch forever. Its nothing wrong with introduce new groups. Your repeating yourself because your not understanding that XForce is not a bad idea just because you only want X4 and X5. Theres room for both as long as its like not 5 movies at a time.

same one user oriented discussion on another topic??

this is not right

Famke's new look!!

article-2424947-1BD3F579000005DC-187_634x878.jpg

media_xll_1858819.jpg

large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member