the_Horror's Drawings and Stuff

Nice (talking about you getting a table at San Diego Comic Con), so pissed, I live in New York City (so you see how easy it would have been for me to go for all these years but the one year I wanna go) I would have been going to the Comic Con this year if I didn't go away for college.

the NY comic-con is supposed to be pretty big-- im suprised you havent checked it out

the NY comic-con is supposed to be pretty big-- im suprised you havent checked it out

I know, I guess it never passed my mine, until, i actually went to a convention and realize how cool they are

Your artwork is amazing!

Thanks bud!

Heres the comic Ive been developing for the last year now almost-- this is only the first issue, but its the beginning of an epic storyline!

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.jpg

Page_4.jpg

Page_5.jpg

Page_6.jpg

Page_7.jpg

Page_8.jpg

Page_9.jpg

To read the rest go to www.simonlutrin.com and click on the comic section!
I need your help guys! I want to get this off the ground but we need support on the groundroots level!

Thanks again.

Simon
aka
The_Horror

OH. My. God.

Horror, you're amazing, seriously! And your women at least look.. proportionate. So thanks for portraying us.. less ****ty than some artists, LOL! Your comic looks great, don't have the time to read the whole thing here at work, but can't wait to get home to check it out.

I might have to steal some of your lines to color.. Well not really -steal- but use them to practice my photoshop skillz. I'll try to post 'em here for you to look at later. Seriously though, major thumbs up, you're great!! Can't wait to check out all your links when I get home too. :D

ha sweet thx Shlee!

Like I said before, we are planning on getting a table at the San Diego Comic-con and will have copies of the comic for sale as well as posters, a sketchbook, etc.

Hope to see some of you guys and girls there!

Posters and a sketchbook, your trying to make it big, how old are you?

I was hoping you weren't some old guy still trying to make it.

haha, no. thank god. Im done wasting my talent doing other jobs... I feel like I was born with a talent, so now i gotta use it. I see a lot of comics, and I know (not to sound cocky) that i can do better work. So i've taken it into my own hands... We have an awesome story that I know will be a success. So yeah, I'm ready.

I've been working on this one character for awhile now, i just can't get his story down.

haha, no. thank god. Im done wasting my talent doing other jobs... I feel like I was born with a talent, so now i gotta use it. I see a lot of comics, and I know (not to sound cocky) that i can do better work. So i've taken it into my own hands... We have an awesome story that I know will be a success. So yeah, I'm ready.

Ha Ha... Don't worry about sounding cocky. As long as Ben Templesmith gets paid to draw stick figures and Steven Niles collects paychecks for writing stories like a 6 year old, there's no reason to be humble.

I think your work looks great. The panels are well done and coherent, and your choice of going with black and white is a good one. Your figures and shadow are excellent also. I think, though, that some of your buildings, especially the ones in the background, could use some tightening up. Maybe try outlining them with thinner lines to take the emphasis off of them a little.

Templesmith has some cool imagery, and 30 Days of Nights is pretty good, you know you don't have to put other people down so others could feel better, there are other ways.

Templesmith has some cool imagery, and 30 Days of Nights is pretty good, you know you don't have to put other people down so others could feel better, there are other ways.

Indeed--30 Days was a better idea then a written comic, but I still dig it, and Templesmith is AWESOME on Fell.

Anyway, great work Horror--espicially with your original work. :woot:

thanks guys-- Yeah , Im ready to start doing this for a living. I am just so sick of monogamous work, that doesnt use my talent. It seems like all the jobs I've had, at least the non-freelance work, just dont appreciate artists. So thats why I've taken it into my own hands.

If you havent checked out the full book yet, please read it and let me know what you think of the story. It takes place in a totally new universe, far far far far away. The story starts 5 years after a 25 year war that decimated the planet. The first arc, will take place over 12 issues and show how these characters are all tied together whether they know it or not. I've been developing it with my roommate for almost a year now (i.e. the history, characters *there are 11 core characters**, where they are going, and how it all comes together) Its an epic story, and you guys are getting the first look at it all.

heres the first comic:
www.atlbproductions.com/codenameeden/comic.html

and my personal site-- with tons of sketches and my film work at:
www.simonlutrin.com
or
http://fivedaze.deviantart.com

If anyone wants a hard copy of the comic, we are doing our own printing (until we get picked up) IM me and we can discuss shipping at whatnot.

Anyways, stay tuned and I'll post more as i complete it.

Thanks again to everybody for the support and compliments :)

Simon
aka
the_Horror

Thanks bud-- coming from you thats quite a compliment!

:)

Ha Ha... Don't worry about sounding cocky. As long as Ben Templesmith gets paid to draw stick figures and Steven Niles collects paychecks for writing stories like a 6 year old, there's no reason to be humble.

I think your work looks great. The panels are well done and coherent, and your choice of going with black and white is a good one. Your figures and shadow are excellent also. I think, though, that some of your buildings, especially the ones in the background, could use some tightening up. Maybe try outlining them with thinner lines to take the emphasis off of them a little.

thx for the feedback!:brucebat:

CALLING ALL COLORISTS!!

Heres your chance to get in on the ground level on a comic team!

Color any of the pages above (PM if you want a higher res) and if we like it, you could be getting a paycheck for the comic. Everybody is welcome to try, but unfortunately there will be only 1 person chosen.... for obvious reasons.

Anyways, Im really curious and excited to see what you guys can do!

Thanks--
Simon

hey simon

you know i think you're really talented and i love your character designs. the visuals on your pages are great and remind me of the early turtles stuff. BUT... and please don't take this the wrong way...

i'm not sure about the writing, it seems a little clunky to me. furthermore, you seem pretty serious about making it, which i whole-heartedly support, obviously, but there seems to be some sloppiness/laziness to your work, which i feel you really need to cut out. e.g.

[1] i spotted a few typos in your comic... maybe these matter, maybe they don't, but they certainly can't help

[2] levels - your blacks are streaky with pen marks... all you need to do is alter the levels in photoshop: you can make the blacks as dense as you need and it will really tighten the artwork

anyway, sorry for picking holes. it's really inspiring that you're following your dream and i'm with you all the way, i just don't want to see you sell yourselves short. also, as for the colorist, i really don't feel you need one... your work looks great black and white and it suits the underground feel of the book.

best of luck man

Thanks for the constructive criticism-- Where are the typos? Ive been staring at this comic so long the mistakes are hard to catch... as for the wording, the writer is polish and his grammar isnt what most people would consider good. hehe, He knows how to write and damn good story though... As for the fre pages with pen marks-- haha funny story. I ran out of india ink for the wash, sp instead used th markers... Ill rpobably get around to fixing them this week.

Im starting a new thread.... A Comic coloring contest thread. The winner will be used in the real comic-- remember, tim sale does all his stuff in B&W... but ill post a few to see all the talent lurking around here.

thanks again Phig, no worries about being picky-- the publishers are going to be so thsi needs to be top notch.

I also submitted the comic to IMAGE today, our goal is to send it out to a new publishers everyday, so hopefully we'll get a bite!

Alright Im gonna upload some high res inks and start this thread. Remember,anyone is alllowed to enter, and if chosen, you my become part of the team.

Thanks again for everybody's continued support!

Simon

cool. glad you took the crit as it was intended.

as for the typos:

page 1: "universe and all it's parts" - get rid of the hyphen

also page 1: "its all unpredictable" this time NEEDS a hyphen - should be "it's"

[confusing isn't it!?] - the hyphen replaces the missing letter, so "its" indicating possession, isn't short for anything, doesn't need a hyphen, "it's" short for "it is" the hyphen replaces the missing i

page 5: "it's" again... get rid of the hyphen

page 7: "imminant" should be "imminent" [you had it right on the previous page!]

page 22: "definately" should be "definitely"

that's it, as far as i can tell. you know, i've just worked it out what it is about the writing that i don't like. it reminds me of the voice-over/narration in Heroes which i found really irritating. i don't know, the story is what it is, the narration does not further the story it tries to celebrate it as something grandiose or super dramatic or spiritual... if the story is any of those things then that will be apparent, if not, then that's not a problem... people always read things differently, imagine things differently...

i don't know if that made any sense, but that's the little niggly thing that annoyed me about the writing. i seriously love the art work though man, especially the full page images and the crazy monster on page 3 - he's my favorite!

Ha sweet! Thanks bud! Ill forward those notes to my writer, and make sure we fix those... as for the narration, my bud (co-creator and writer) is a huge fan of Heroes and I think he is pretty fixed on the style... so hopefully it flows well-- Ive been staring at it too long.

Phig, I would love to see what you could do with some color and my pages.. :) if you get a chance I definitely want to see how it looks

Heres a lil something I threw together for myself as wallpaper for my notebook, but i figured i would show you guys-- TDK wallpaper

TDK.jpg

if you guys want a bigger size(s) let me know :p

mate, you honor me with your persistence! alright, I'M NOT PROMISING ANYTHING [only cos i've got loads of projects on the go just now] but i'll see how this weekend pans out and if i can get something done. could you get me a higher res version of Enki in the jungle?

email it to me [email protected]

as always, all the best

[the tdk wallpaper rocks, by the way]

Thx Phig-- Check your email mate.

Yeah I love the the new Bats poster but i needed it wallpaper size, so yeah added a few Harvey dent ads, the cloud brush & a wacom tablet and voila!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"