Things you still can't do

Can't drive a stick shift, no matter how many times I've tried.

I can't roll my R's =(

I can make the sound, but it's in my throat...so it's cheating. My other half speaks perfect Spanish and has been trying to teach me for the past month.

Sorry your other half fails, I teached one of my friends to roll it in two days :o

I can't

whistle.jpg

Or make that pop sound with one finger inside of your cheek (you know, like in the Lollipop song).

Also, I still can't swim properly which is a shame cause I love water.

Sorry your other half fails, I teached one of my friends to roll it in two days :o

It's all good thanks =) I've been able to do the gutteral sound since I was a kid. Sometimes when I'm driving I practice...so it's kinda hard to learn how to make a sound in a different way than I have been my whole life.

I also can't type "the" becuase it pretty much always come out "teh" and I have to go back and fix it.

I can't roll up a decent ciggarette.

I can't find a reason for the existence of my left hand, it's completely useless.

I'm not comfortable answering random questions on my 6,7,8,9,12th times table. SOmetimes 3 throws me off.

I can't stop thinking everyone around me is actually a robot or i'm on the truman show.

I can't sit on a toilet seat, even in my own house, haven't sat on one for over ten years.

Damien Rage

Well, the gutteral r is useful, too, when you're learning French or German.

How do you practise the rolling? That's what I told my friend:

Start with saying "ar" (the tip of the tongue is about right behind your front teeth when it comes to the r). Say that many times and try to get one r. Later you lay more stress on the r and try 2 and then 3 and so on. If that's the way you do it anyway you'll hear some results soon. :yay:

Since I'm native Russian speaker it comes naturally but I see how it could get confusing to learn it from a Spanish speaking person because sometimes the Spanish roll it too much, even for me haha.

-Can't speak in a Cajun accent. It turns out Austrailian for some reason.

- Can't stay in one tense while writing, I always start say in past tense and end up in present.

- Can't grow my hair anywhere passed shoulder-length.

- I can't get into clubs/pubs (I'm 17) yet all my friends can.

DAMN MY BABY FACE!

ferret Thanks very much for the helpful info. I normaly practice by saying things like: carro, rojo. Also boyfriend tried to get me to say roll and rolling the "r".

It's weird. I get it. I know (more or less) how it's done. But I'm just missing something somewhere.
Like at work there was this one garnish I couldn't make (with a papaya). I had to draw on the fruit then cut to get the look I wanted. After a few times it clicked and now I can make a papaya flower with out thinking about it.

So after years and years of how to roll my r not clicking in my head I keep trying.

You're welcome Damien, I hope that helps with the click. :yay:

Oh, and what I've always wanted to do and still cant: Riding a bike without using my hands.
How to do that without falling to the left/right is beyond me.

playing a guitar..... i know its a bit obvious, but still not got around to learning.

I can't roll up a decent ciggarette.

I can't find a reason for the existence of my left hand, it's completely useless.

I'm not comfortable answering random questions on my 6,7,8,9,12th times table. SOmetimes 3 throws me off.

I can't stop thinking everyone around me is actually a robot or i'm on the truman show.

I can't sit on a toilet seat, even in my own house, haven't sat on one for over ten years.

Sorry to be immature but how do you perform a number 2?

Oh, you hover?

That must be really painful after a while, isn't it?

Sorry to be immature but how do you perform a number 2?

lol mad balancing skills =)

I can relate, kinda...I use the toilet guards but I use ALOT because I don't want my nice clean cheeks touching something that other people have been on. Some of the hygein habits of people in my hotel are seriously lacking.

Damien, in all honesty you can just wipe the seat.

It'll get rid of the germs (if any) that have been left on the seat.

No point warming the seat up for you then lol :D

I have to look under the seat for spiders or wasps before I sit down :D

----------------------

I still can't make a good fried egg :o So I always make scrambled.

In all honesty, I can't remember my parent's birthdays.

Damien, in all honesty you can just wipe the seat.

It'll get rid of the germs (if any) that have been left on the seat.

I would rather risk clogging the toilet with over use of the guards. Seriously. Our dish washers are the not the cleanlyest (is that even a word?) of people

Plus (not that I have it wicked bad) but I'm a psuedo germ-o-phobe.

A chef of mine used to say all the time "bacteria doesn't take a break" so to be on topic...I can't get it out of my head.

The correct grammatical response would have been:

"Our dish washers aren't the cleanest of people"

Besides that, it's fair enough you worry about such things but unless you have an open wound it's very hard for you to receive AIDS, or any disease.

In your defence, I haven't seen your toilet condition and it could very well be worse that what I think.

Oh well.

The correct grammatical response would have been:

"Our dish washers aren't the cleanest of people"

Besides that, it's fair enough you worry about such things but unless you have an open wound it's very hard for you to receive AIDS, or any disease.

In your defence, I haven't seen your toilet condition and it could very well be worse that what I think.

Oh well.

=) Thanks on correcting my grammer...I was kinda close.

yeah I don't want cooties from people I am not intimate with.

and you dont want to see out rest rooms! It has been clogged, or broken and takes WAY to long to be fixed no matter how many times a day I call to pitch a fit.

Haha, seems like it's a very charming place.

Are you on the forums whilst at the hotel then?

I agree w/ terry about the clip on tie even if i was the only one who knew I couldn't wear one :down

I whistle ok and don't care that I can't do that super loud whistle w/ a few fingers in the mouth; and as for snapping people have commented that I snap incredibly loud with both hands)

Something I still can't do? back dives

Then I'm glad that my job(or anything I do) doesn't require me to wear one.:word:
On a side note....I couldn't work in an office, sitting there all day behind a computer, having to look all professional and what not. I just couldn't...to me it sounds worse than the down and dirty job I have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"