This is down right sad...

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=103693

CBS: Melissa Barton says Morningside Elementary teacher Wendy Portillo had her son's classmates say what they didn't like about 5-year-old Alex. She says the teacher then had the students vote, and voted Alex, who is being evaluated for Asperger's syndrome -- an autism spectrum disorder -- out of the class by a 14-2 margin.

:csad:..........:wow:..........:cmad:

And that's all I have to say about that

my step-brother has asperger's... he's very, very annoying, and at times downright intolerable, but i know it's not his fault, so i try to just deal with it whenever i have to see him.

and i disagree wholeheartedly with what the teacher and the class did to this girl, but we don't know the whole story... she could have been very disruptive to the class, and maybe she needed to be in a special needs class.

that said, the teacher should have known to handle the situation better.

This is ******** sensitivity

the children's vote didn't mean anything and it seems that there were other children also going up and having the same thing said about them

it sounds like they were playing a game and because her son isn't popular, she's gone to the press...

ugh..

you can tell this mom is on the edge, she just compared a primary school teacher to a world wide terrorist organisation on national tv. Jesus...

my step-brother has asperger's... he's very, very annoying, and at times downright intolerable, but i know it's not his fault, so i try to just deal with it whenever i have to see him.

You know...knowing that autism like this is genetic...it explains quite a bit about you.

:wow:.................:csad:...................:cmad:.............................:huh::cmad:

that is just.....ugh.....

You know...knowing that autism like this is genetic...it explains quite a bit about you.

you're a *****e-nozzle... you really are.

and i said step-brother... as in not related. as in if you're going to talk trash unprovoked, at least pay attention and do it right.

yeah Joker that was kinda un called for....

and he's right...he said STEP BROTHER!

This is ******** sensitivity

the children's vote didn't mean anything and it seems that there were other children also going up and having the same thing said about them

it sounds like they were playing a game and because her son isn't popular, she's gone to the press...

ugh..

you can tell this mom is on the edge, she just compared a primary school teacher to a world wide terrorist organisation on national tv. Jesus...
Even so, this is not something that should be done by a teacher. Having the students in a KINDERGARTEN class vote each other out fo the class??? And then when the kid is hurt by this to have the cruel nature to tell him that the people in the office don't want him there either?? If it were my child, this teacher would have already been beat to hell by both me and by wife. I would have gone to the principal, the school board, the press, anyone I could think of to get that woman fired and barred from teaching ever again.

i didn't know you could be voted out of class.

but that would suck to be called out in front of your class and have everyone tell you what they want they don't like about you. teachers should prevent this from happening not encourage it.

i believe she was going to say that even that the terrorist organization was against this teacher's action. why she even mentioned that, i don't even know.

you're a *****e-nozzle... you really are.

and i said step-brother... as in not related. as in if you're going to talk trash unprovoked, at least pay attention and do it right.

Ah, so you have no excuse for your personality and behavior over on the misc. films forum then. Too bad, I would have laid off you a bit :o

They need to vote this teacher out of the school .

Even so, this is not something that should be done by a teacher. Having the students in a KINDERGARTEN class vote each other out fo the class??? And then when the kid is hurt by this to have the cruel nature to tell him that the people in the office don't want him there either?? If it were my child, this teacher would have already been beat to hell by both me and by wife. I would have gone to the principal, the school board, the press, anyone I could think of to get that woman fired and barred from teaching ever again.
Meh, if american idol or beauty pagents can have parents put kids up in talent competitions and lose on a voting system, then it's acceptable to see the opinions of your peers.

The kids opinion doesn't count, they are five year olds, they gain and lose friends all the time, it's hardly reflective of anything. His best friend sold him out, he should get used to it.

Looking at the big picture, the kid wasn't isolated or didn't leave the class. He was ultimately judged by his peers which probabaly happens everyday of his life in the playground. The teacher probably heard the kids being twofaced so wanted to clear it up to him face to face.

perhaps slightly insensitive but no one is hurt by the ordeal, it's another case of parents overreacting to their child's welfare.

i didn't know you could be voted out of class.
but that would suck to be called out in front of your class and have everyone tell you what they want they don't like about you. teachers should prevent this from happening not encourage it.
It really does sound like they were playing some kinda talent show and he got voted out.

but he never left the class or was isolated from teaching.

if the teacher had actually placed him outside, then fair enough but it sounds like they were doing some play stuff and he wasn't excluded for being unliked or different.

I wish my peers only voted me out....I've still got scars from my peers version of "casting someone out"

:up:

jag

So voting is bad, but physical violence is OK??? Am I missing something?

TSoB has Asperger's syndrome... and he'll be grading the 4th grade this year, and it certainly has NOT been an easy ride, mostly due to ignorance from certain teachers, and dumb-ass kids raised by even dumber-assed parents...

He has his moments, but he tries really hard, but in the ME generation where nobody gives a ^%# about anybody else any more, it is hardly surprising that I read comments like Odin's?

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

:csad:

So voting is bad, but physical violence is OK??? Am I missing something?

We took a vote and you're dead to all of us now, so don't be expecting a reply any time soon. :up:

jag

/Sarcasm....lots of sarcasm....sorry if I offended the parentals in here....its messed up and the teacher should be disciplned....not physically though

"Asperger's" is bull****.
What are symptoms?

* Not pick up on social cues and lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.

* Dislike any changes in routines.

* Appear to lack empathy.

* Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.

* Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the term "beckon" instead of "call," or "return" instead of "come back."

* Avoid eye contact.

* Have unusual facial expressions or postures.

* Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as doing intricate jigsaw puzzles, designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or astronomy.

* Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

* Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.

* Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory integration dysfunction.

Yeah. Th^t's called a NERD, or a Dork...a clueless Dork.
Everyone can't be charismatic, intuitive, perceptive, together, cool and graceful.
:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"