This is down right sad...

I experience organizational difficulties. :whatever:
I don't know anyone who doesn't.
Some are better at it than others.

The point is, you're trying to lump "Asperger's" in as if it's tantamount to severe autism.
My best friend worked with autistic kids for several years.
They would bite people till they drew blood.
They would take a dump in their pants, reach in, grab the feces, and hurl it at your face.

That's a "disorder".

The thing, by DEFINITION, that supposedly sets AS apart, is that they AREN'T suffering any severely debilitating speech and learning difficulties.
They're just weird dorks who don't fit in. They're not really cool or smooth and parents want to say, "Ah, thank God! It's not her fault. She has a disease!"
:o

Taking a dump and throwing it around?....sounds like a good time....

I experience organizational difficulties. :whatever:
I don't know anyone who doesn't.
Some are better at it than others.

The point is, you're trying to lump "Asperger's" in as if it's tantamount to severe autism.
They would take a dump in their pants, reach in, grab the feces, and hurl it at your face.

That's a "disorder".

The thing, by DEFINITION, that supposedly sets AS apart, is that they AREN'T suffering any severely debilitating speech and learning difficulties.
They're just weird dorks who don't fit in. They're not really cool or smooth and parents want to say, "Ah, thank God! It's not her fault. She has a disease!"

I was talking to a social worker today, and kidded with her about how ALL of us have Asperger's and she laughed and agreed.

Asperger's is NOT severe autism... it is autism in it's mildest form; hence the original term "high functioning autistism"...

I'd rather use that term than this made up one that gives everybody on the planet an excuse for why their lives are so sad & pathetic.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

:yay:

I was talking to a social worker today, and kidded with her about how ALL of us have Asperger's and she laughed and agreed.

Asperger's is NOT severe autism... it is autism in it's mildest form; hence the original term "high functioning autistism"...

I'd rather use that term than this made up one that gives everybody on the planet an excuse for why their lives are so sad & pathetic.

Maybe if doctors started telling people that, things would straighten out...We are turning into a society of people who coddle those who can't cut it...."O it's not you, there is something wrong with you and thats' why you failed HS 3 times"....not "Listhen here dumbass, you going to end up working at Target if you don't pull your head out of your butt and start studying instead of smoking weed after school"

Tmob said:

I was surprised to learn that it's named after Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger who, in 1944, described children in his practice who lacked nonverbal communication skills, failed to demonstrate empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy.

Why is it such a hot fad right now? :huh:

And why would you think that there wouldn't be multiple cases of dorky kids who don't fit in, lack nonverbal skills, lack empathy AND are clumsy.

It's like the flipside of saying:

"OMG! You know, I work with teenagers...and I think I've DISCOVERED something. :eek:
I have observed over the years...certain kids who all share some traits.
They are usually witty, highly intelligent, physically attractive, have very good coordination, and they seem to be exceptionally..."likeable".

It must be some strange neuro-syndrome!"

:whatever:

And please don't take my mocking of the online Asperger's phenomena as a slam against your son. Little kids don't seek attention or care about excusing their behavior in the same ways teens and adults do. Autism is definitely real and observable in children at various levels.

No sweat. :yay:

EDIT--beat me to it, Mike.

You love me. :yay:

I don't know firsthand what you've gone through but my gf's brother, a friend of mine and my boss are all in their early 30's. They all have the same problem.

I know this is off topic but, a lot of judges needed to be given the boot and we need to get some younger judges who aren't relics of the past in our courts.

Most of these old bastard judges who are siding with the female are close minded as all hell and still think the females are always the victims.

The three people I listed that are going through that same thing are all getting the **** end of the stick simply because they're the males. While all three of the females are a bunch of alcohol/drug using immature ****s.

It's pathetic and I feel for ya Themanofbat.

Thanks... nice to know I'm not alone. :csad:

I was surprised to learn that it's named after Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger who, in 1944, described children in his practice who lacked nonverbal communication skills, failed to demonstrate empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy.

Why is it such a hot fad right now? :huh:

And why would you think that there wouldn't be multiple cases of dorky kids who don't fit in, lack nonverbal skills, lack empathy AND are clumsy.

It's like the flipside of saying:

"OMG! You know, I work with teenagers...and I think I've DISCOVERED something. :eek:
I have observed over the years...certain kids who all share some traits.
They are usually witty, highly intelligent, physically attractive, have very good coordination, and they seem to be exceptionally..."likeable".

It must be some strange neuro-syndrome!"

:whatever:

The whole autism thing is the US is really crazy... they don't even teach autism in medical schools (I have no reference to this... merely hearsay), yet they say that 1 in 165 kids get diagnosed with some form of autism, which are epidemic levels.

I somehow doubt that figure includes all the geeknoid self-diagnosed ******s... and I mean that last term in a playground sense.

I experience organizational difficulties.

If you do experience problems, you try to overcome them, right? You try to become a better person, right? Which is what every person should do.

That's a "disorder".

WHEN have i said "aspergers syndrome is like severe autism?"!! It's as different as OCD from schizophrenia. I'm just trying to prove that AS exists. Of course, people have argued over things like this for years, the ethics and philosophy of labels. I'm getting tired of argueing, because you are coming from a different place, and that's that.

I Do know severe autism. I interned at a school for autism for a semester and I also babysat for a kid with autism for several year. I remember the first year I started watching him, this ten-year-old ran out of the bathroom without his diaper, climbed on top of a 7-foot wardrobe, and started defacating on top of it (memories...). No, I don't believethat's like having aspergers. From working at the school, I met parents and heard about kids with aspergers who had to be placed at special schools. There may be mild cases of aspergers (which shouldn't be considered anything) and then there are cases where kids need special placements. In adults, I think it's harder to diagnose aspergers, because many have learned how to deal with their problems (kinda like add, which you probably don't believe in either).

And many parents are scared of labels to the point of completely ignoring the obvious, which can be very sad and frustrating to teachers.

The whole autism thing is the US is really crazy... they don't even teach autism in medical schools (I have no reference to this... merely hearsay),
Where did you hear this? It's hard to believe, but then again, I've heard stories where a parent complains that her 3-year-old child doesn't speak, and the doctor says," Oh, she'll grow out of it."

Idiot doctors.

thats why they normally dont put those kids in the same classroom.

Where did you hear this? It's hard to believe, but then again, I've heard stories where a parent complains that her 3-year-old child doesn't speak, and the doctor says," Oh, she'll grow out of it."

Idiot doctors.

I think it was one of those Larry King Live Specials about autism... I think Bill Cosby was one of the guest speakers...

The kids being diagnosed with some type of autistic behavior in the US is beyond epidemic levels (around 1 in 165 kids... and 1 in 94 when it comes to boys)...

It's crazy...

:csad:

There should be classes on how to fake autism , so we can act that way in hopes the chinese don't kill us when they take over america.

There should be classes on how to fake autism , so we can act that way in hopes the chinese don't kill us when they take over america.

Just be yourself...

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=103693

CBS: Melissa Barton says Morningside Elementary teacher Wendy Portillo had her son's classmates say what they didn't like about 5-year-old Alex. She says the teacher then had the students vote, and voted Alex, who is being evaluated for Asperger's syndrome -- an autism spectrum disorder -- out of the class by a 14-2 margin.

Ugh, this makes me not want to have kids.

disability or none, i would be outraged if my kid came home and said they did something like that.

I have seen kids who were simply spoiled, the product of poor parenting skills...and they end up on 8 medications, taking medications to counteract the horrible side effects of the other medications, and they end up with terrible, and permanent tics and other painful side effects.....thanks to this "A.D.D." bull****.

It's a disaster.
Hmm. you seemed pretty informed on the subject. How many years of med school did you go to?

God, I cannot believe that a human being could do that to a 5-year old.

Hmm. you seemed pretty informed on the subject. How many years of med school did you go to?
An absurd question.
I've never been to medical school but have read and seen a ton on the subject studied and written about BY doctors, and also heard many case studies.

One of the most recent was the horrifying story by "Frontline" on PBS.
This was where I saw the kid who started off as mildly disruptive and unfocused in school, and ended up permanently brain damaged and suffering chronic pain and debilitating physical tics because of all of the medications and counter-medications his parents were encouraged to give him.

An absurd question.
I've never been to medical school but have read and seen a ton on the subject studied and written about BY doctors, and also heard many case studies.

One of the most recent was the horrifying story by "Frontline" on PBS.
This was where I saw the kid who started off as mildly disruptive and unfocused in school, and ended up permanently brain damaged and suffering chronic pain and debilitating physical tics because of all of the medications and counter-medications his parents were encouraged to give him.
So nobody who takes these medications are ever helped by it?

I see you are the type to go to ridiculous, emotional extremes instead of dealing with facts.

First you sarcastically suggest that no one can form an opinion on medical matters unless they are a trained physician themselves, completely ignoring all of the information that's available and all of the testimony of people who ARE trained physicians.

I heard that if you ingest alcohol, it can impair your judgment and make driving dangerous.
Are you going to dismiss that take on alcohol because I'm not a doctor?

Doctors have said that prenatal exposure to thalidomide can cause your baby to be born with little flippers instead of arms and legs.
Do you disbelieve that because I'm passing that info along?

Next, please show me where I said, "NO child has ever, EVER been helped by Ritalin."
That's silly.
Of COURSE people have been helped by it.

People have also been helped by cocaine, marijuana, L.S.D., maggots, whiskey, etc.

Does that mean that whenever you have trouble with someone's behavior, you should give them cocaine, marijuana, L.S.D., maggots and whiskey?

You do know that an unruly child who can't seem to sit still, shut the **** up and pay attention in school, would be extremely calmed and able to listen if you gave him a lobotomy, right?

We know of course that children can suffer from chemical imbalances and strange disorders of the brain.
And I said, also, very clearly, that I have seen children whose poor behavior was simply the result of bad parenting and a lack of discipline in the home, who are drugged to make them more manageable, and that is evil and wrong, though many parents don't realize how harmful it is because of their misguided trust in doctors who benefit from dispensing the latest harmful chemical like Pez candies on Halloween.

It is well known also that when a drug causes unacceptable side effects, rather than stopping use of the drug, they prescribe ANOTHER drug, that is supposed to make the side effects more manageable, and then THAT drug brings in a new side effect, and it continues, until you are watching an interview with teary-eyed parents who explain that before they realized what was happening, their child was flooded with 9, 10, or 11 drugs, that ****ed him up permanently........because he horsed around in school and got moody sometimes.

It's wrong.

Did the teacher know he had "special needs" or did the mother fail to mention that to the school? The way my local news told the story, he was just a bad kid, I never knew he had problems. Is the class a Special Ed class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"