This is the worst console gen of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFreeman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Anyone else find this one really, really boring? Every other hyped game that manages to get released ends up sucking, the consoles all have too many issues, there's no big events or buyouts, and the biggest advances are a graphical enhancement that you can only notice on an HDTV and some tacked on gimmick controls. What the heck happened?

No I shouldn't. Online multiplayer really isn't my cup of tea. Even Team Fortress hasn't been played in god only knows when. Thats another thing, every other game that gets released has a steaming pile for single player and then everyone goes on and on about the same old story deathmatch crap they've got tacked on, it's crazy. This gen is awful.

you should give up gaming all together

And your 360 broke.

Yeah, I forgot about that, the craftsmanship for this generation has also gone to ****. I barely ****ing used that thing for more than a damn DVD player and it still couldn't keep it together, it's a disgrace. My mother****ing Sega Genesis still works Microsoft!

you should give up gaming all together
No I shouldn't. I still like some games, just not very many of them anymore. This crappy console gen sucks all the fun out of things.

Your sega genesis still works because it used cartridges, and not discs, therefore had less moving parts to break. It has nothing to do with craftsmanship, and more to do with the design in general being weak in that regard. Although MS really should take a cue from Wii next gen and ditch the disc tray for a simple slide-in system with less parts.

And if you dont like online multiplayer, then I see you being f**ked for at least a generation or 2, as that's where it's heading right now. If the trend continues, single player games may in fact be a thing of the past by the time the next generation of consoles is over. I read an article on a site once saying that online gaming was the next logical evolution of gaming, and it makes sense.

this one was bad but so was the sega saturn nintendo 64 era in my eyes...

I think they both came out just before the original playstation and my did they both suck...

i had my fun with xbox 360 by playing Halo3 and Assassins creed non stop, now i am kinda finished with it...probably get mass effect, orange box, then star wars force unleashed later down the road...but that would probably be it for me...I'm waiting for the Xbox 720 now,hehe :word:

It just needs to hit its stride. Too many developers are playing it safe with mediocre FPS'. This gen will pick up, but right now, its meh, yeah.

No I shouldn't. Online multiplayer really isn't my cup of tea. Even Team Fortress hasn't been played in god only knows when. Thats another thing, every other game that gets released has a steaming pile for single player and then everyone goes on and on about the same old story deathmatch crap they've got tacked on, it's crazy. This gen is awful.

:( :csad:

I'm not wild about it.

We have earth defense force 2017 in HD. This is the best gen ever.

Anyone else find this one really, really boring? Every other hyped game that manages to get released ends up sucking, the consoles all have too many issues, there's no big events or buyouts, and the biggest advances are a graphical enhancement that you can only notice on an HDTV and some tacked on gimmick controls. What the heck happened?

So, because marketing hypes up stuff, the glut of good games don't matter.
I guess Halo 3 sucks, right? And Assasain's Creed too? (It's too short: It SUCKS; It's only as good as the last one: IT SUCKS!)

Oh, the first run of 360s failed so "[all] the consolves have too many issues."

Who the heck cares about Events and buyouts? How does that help or hinder me in the least way?

And the Wii controls are tacked on??? Nevermind that they have put video games and video game awareness in the homes of millions of people who could care less about Sony and Microsoft.

I understand a critique, however, blunt, honest or negative about what's wrong with this gen... but you're making big deals out of stuff that's just not. And ignoring the monumental suckitude that's come before.

In short: Who cares if this is the worst gen, there's so many great games coming out, I haven't noticed.

Meh, in my opinion this console generation is like the '08 presidential elections you never know what's going to happen. new demographics, new ways to play, and amazing games...this gen has stepped it up. who knew that nintendo would go from underdog to top dog the way it did. who knew that sony would have to work its way back to the top after so many years of dominace. and microsoft bringing out some of the best third party games in a long time. the buyouts, the mergers, the senior citizens! I dont know what's up with GFreeman, but this gen is definately not anything we've ever seen before...

Go Wii..........and everyone else........maybe

The Wii is the primary reason this generation is sucking so bad.

This thread is more proof that this gen is crappy. Look at the things people have to use to defend it. The biggest argument for this gen so far is providing a laundry list of things wrong with it, and then following up with a nice "who cares".

There have been some great games this generation. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Kameo, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed, The Darkness, Dead Rising, Gears of War...

...that's over ten awesome games within two years.

And before this year is over we'll have Halo Wars, Banjo Kazooie 3, Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, GTA4, maybe Alan Wake and Rare is rumored to have another big release for the year.

Bioshock and Mass Effect are great. Assassin's Creed is pretty good. Uncharted is supposed to be great. Mario Galaxy is supposed to be great. That's since 2005. Last time, we had a ton of great games coming out left and right. The original Xbox had more at this point in it's life than all three next gen consoles put together.

Bioshock and Mass Effect are great. Assassin's Creed is pretty good. Uncharted is supposed to be great. Mario Galaxy is supposed to be great. That's since 2005. Last time, we had a ton of great games coming out left and right. The original Xbox had more at this point in it's life than all three next gen consoles put together.

Bioshock and Mass Effect are probably the standout games so far this gen. Assassin's Creed I'm not too hot on, but it scores points for being different and having a very ambitious idea. Uncharted is fantastic, but in all honesty, it isn't anything unseen, just the ultimate version of the billions of take cover n' shoot games out there at the moment. Super Mario Galaxy was great, but it was way too easy, and while some people can let that slide, it stopped it hitting anywhere near the greatness of 64 for me.

The leap from last gen to this gen just isn't big enough. Last generation was about the limit reached in terms of gameplay. Now all we can do is improve graphics and A.I. which YES make the game better and there are other ways that improve them, but ultimately, there arn't many games around at the moment that couldn't have been done last gen bar graphics.

This gen might be the worst so far, but that doesn´t mean it´s bad, because it isn´t, and it will be better, wait for it.
Might end surprising us all.
There are several reasons for this to be happening, one is, like Electro said:
The leap from last gen to this gen just isn't big enough. Last generation was about the limit reached in terms of gameplay. Now all we can do is improve graphics and A.I. which YES make the game better and there are other ways that improve them, but ultimately, there arn't many games around at the moment that couldn't have been done last gen bar graphics.
People were expecting too much from this gen, they still are, when the difference is not all that, but one thing you can be sure, next one, next gen will blow our minds.

This is the "playing it safe" generation, meaning, that everyone is making the same genre over and over again, and the FPS is the winner.
Don´t get me wrong, i love a good FPS, but other genres would be nice too here and there.

And if you dont like online multiplayer, then I see you being f**ked for at least a generation or 2, as that's where it's heading right now. If the trend continues, single player games may in fact be a thing of the past by the time the next generation of consoles is over. I read an article on a site once saying that online gaming was the next logical evolution of gaming, and it makes sense.
That i can´t agree, and that is not going to happen.
To say MP is going to win against SP is the same as to say PC gaming is going to die, and it never did.
Many people don´t like MP, everyone plays SP...is that easy.
And people will get tired of playing the same "Capture the Flag" games over and over again.
More even when game developers say that, the next big thing in gaming, is to became movies, to have the same impact.
Now, for that to happen, MP is not part of the equation.
MP will always exist, that´s a given; but Sp will return make a strong comeback, starting this gen (Mass Effect, Bioshock and Assasins Creed are just examples of exactly that).

SpiderBale...

You're going to make a lot of friends here.

dude da 1st XBOX only had 2 good games n they where both HALO.

What the ****?

Halo
Fable
KOTOR
PGR
DOA
Splinter Cell

Plus all the MP games, which had shorter loading times, usually a better purchase.

You need to not look like such a biased fanboy before you post here. You will get chewn up.

Actually, Morrowind was a great RPG, and Fable was a great Action-RPG. It wasn't only good for "gun games" as you call them. Also, typing like more than a dignified ape (Yes, all of us really are... but it's nice to pretend) would probably be admirable.

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"