Guardians of the Galaxy This one needs her own thread - Pom Klementieff IS Mantis

The comics basically gave her the powers of Karnak and maybe Shang-Chi regarding that.

gallery-1470735676-mantis-thor.png

I prefer this original costume, instead of her actual costume
I like her "silver surfer period" she practiced martial arts

I can't say I like the placement of her antennae on Mantis.

mantisavengers.jpg

I would've preferred it coming out of the top of her head, poking through her hair, with her having bangs over her forehead. This one makes it look like she's wearing a mask over her face, or like she's had a false forehead glued on. She looks a bit like a character from that Antz movie. She also doesn't look all that Asian now but could've been played by any actress.

Was it so difficult to give her a front hairpiece to give her bangs?

Mantis was just so cute :atp:. What a cutie pie. [BLACKOUT]Her interactions with Drax were great.[/BLACKOUT]

Probably the highlight of the movie. Loved her a lot!

She was great, she will be a lot of fun in IWs. I can see her touching some of the Avengers to see their feelings. She will probably beast out when she touches Hulk.

I was a little [blackout]bummed she didn't speak in her distinctive way, in the 3rd person.[/blackout] But other than that I loved her.

Her voice & mannerisms took a while to get used to, but I really liked her. I wish she had been a bit better utilized in the film, but I thought she had some good scenes regardless.

So, Gunn said that each major character here has an arc, but I fail to see, what is Mantis's arc?

So, Gunn said that each major character here has an arc, but I fail to see, what is Mantis's arc?

[blackout]Lifetime slave saves the universe by speaking up and helping to defeat her former master.[/blackout]

She was meek and came out of her shell. She now has friends and is her own person not Ego's.

Yeah she was, had some really funny moments as well as a couple of touching ones. Hopefully we get to see her kick ass in the next movie.

Mantis In Name Only. Nothing like the comic book character.

She can be useful in IW to an extent so long as some body is protecting her.

Maybe she can, they just never show it. I know they'll probably have her pull that sleeping trick on Thanos since she could do it with Ego, but it may backfire.

Maybe she can, they just never show it. I know they'll probably have her pull that sleeping trick on Thanos since she could do it with Ego, but it may backfire.
Oh yeah she will get smashed trying that. May set Drax off.

So she can't fight?

Although we don't know what level of a fighter she is- we do know she's durable and can take a hit- we also know she's pretty nimble (her landing from being thrown from the ship). So I would be more inclined to say yes than no- but I guess we'll have to wait for future movies to know for sure.

I adored her in this. I was just waiting for her to be officially a guardian though. Can't wait to see her pop up in the avengers!

I really loved her power too. It's quite a powerful one when you really think about it. How many supervillains start their journey because of pain? If you could soothe it, you could save lives without hurting anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"