Thor characters in the MCU

Thor - Hemsworth impresses from all angles, we honestly could not have gotten a better actor for The God of Thunder. While I was a bit disappointed with his power displays in T:TDW (Thor & TA impressed me more) he's still powerful enough to get the job done. I guess the days where Thor was portrayed to be a peer of The Man of Steel himself in sheer power are long gone now, oh well. IMPROVED

Odin - Sucks as an "All-Father", someone waltzed into Asgard murdered hundreds of Asgardians and KILLED HIS OWN WIFE! What does Odin do about? Not a damn thing, I literally have zero respect for MCU Odin as badass as he in the comics it just disheartens me to look at him in such a way. However Anthony Hopkins knocks it out of the park as far being true to the character, look, and demeanor of Odin. OK

Loki - Hiddelston impresses from all angles similar to Chris Hemsworth's Thor, I might even say I prefer their interpretations of the character's personalities. Like Thor, I think MCU has only done enough to get by in the power department although to a lesser extent that Thor. IMPROVED

Frigga - Rene Russon brings more life to Frigga than I could've ever espected, plus I've never seen comic book Frigga get down like when MCU Frigga fought Malekith! IMPROVED

The Destroyer - In my opinion I would say they did a stellar job of adapting The Destroyer's look in the MCU, I'd even say he looks better than his comic counterpart. But he was taken out far to easily for someone who was virtually unbeatable in the comics, if only he was done as much justice as Kurse. OK

Frost Giants - Although much smaller in size they seemed far more menacing than their comic selves, especially Colm Feore's Laufey and their designs were awesome. FAITHFULLY ADAPTED

Kurse - Man I can't stop thinking about what an amazing job Marvel Studios have done with this guy, I mean he's about as tough as his comic version plus he looks FAR more badass. IMPROVED

And your opinion of Sif and the Warriors Three? Heimdall? Jane?

I do agree here, which is why I want Hopkins to return as Odin for Thor 3, especially if the plan is to introduce Surtur. It would only be right to have Odin as part of the action in some way that helps tremendously.

I'm with you on this bro. :up:

Was it because of the reception the movie received?

Nah it was because I had so much going on in my personal life.

I just added Lorelei from her appearance on Agents of SHIELD. The episode is still two weeks away, so if we get a better still of her I will update the post.

She has an Asgardian looking necklace on, but otherwise she's in earth clothes.

Last edited:
I just added Lorelei from her appearance on Agents of SHIELD. The episode is still two weeks away, so if we get a better still of her I will update the post.

She has an Asgardian looking necklace on, but otherwise she's in earth clothes.

Updated the pic of Lorelei to a screen grab of her in Asgardian clothes from the AoS episode TAHITI, instead of the still of her in biker clothes.

They did a decent job of capturing her look in the comics (color scheme, etc).

I just added Carl "Crusher" Creel, the Absorbing Man, to my list at the beginning of the thread.

tumblr_naexx9MF8K1r7pumio1_500.jpg
Agents%2Bof%2BSHIELD%2B-%2BSeason%2B2%2B-%2BBrian%2BPatrick%2BWade%2Bcast%2Bas%2BAbsorbing%2BMan.jpg

I think it's really cool that we're getting him. He's the perfect level character for the show, IMO, and it will be great to see him get his due in the MCU. I hope they can somehow include his Asgardian origins, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Ideally, he'll be a recurring villain. They can defeat him by dispersing him or something like in the comics, then he can come back later to retaliate.

When there is a better picture of the actor using his powers, I'll replace it in the original post. I do think the actor they chose is a good likeness. Really spot on, IMO.

I just added Carl "Crusher" Creel, the Absorbing Man, to my list at the beginning of the thread.

tumblr_naexx9MF8K1r7pumio1_500.jpg
Agents%2Bof%2BSHIELD%2B-%2BSeason%2B2%2B-%2BBrian%2BPatrick%2BWade%2Bcast%2Bas%2BAbsorbing%2BMan.jpg

I think it's really cool that we're getting him. He's the perfect level character for the show, IMO, and it will be great to see him get his due in the MCU. I hope they can somehow include his Asgardian origins, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Ideally, he'll be a recurring villain. They can defeat him by dispersing him or something like in the comics, then he can come back later to retaliate.

When there is a better picture of the actor using his powers, I'll replace it in the original post. I do think the actor they chose is a good likeness. Really spot on, IMO.

I had hoped Vin Diesel would play the Absorbing Man in a future Thor film but it's looking like Marvel has bigger plans in store for Vin (with all the Inhumans rumors going around). The actor they did get for the part though - dang if he doesn't look spot on! He looks perfect.

I just can't imagine SHIELD being able to take this guy down though without someone like Thor or Hulk. I hope they don't sell the character short or nerf his power set. Creel was never the brightest so hopefully some good writing can make it all believable. I do hope he can pop up in a film down the road or something. And I think I will definitely be disappointed if there's no reference to his Asgardian origins.

I had hoped Vin Diesel would play the Absorbing Man in a future Thor film but it's looking like Marvel has bigger plans in store for Vin (with all the Inhumans rumors going around). The actor they did get for the part though - dang if he doesn't look spot on! He looks perfect.

I just can't imagine SHIELD being able to take this guy down though without someone like Thor or Hulk. I hope they don't sell the character short or nerf his power set. Creel was never the brightest so hopefully some good writing can make it all believable. I do hope he can pop up in a film down the road or something. And I think I will definitely be disappointed if there's no reference to his Asgardian origins.

Yeah, I hope he's a real powerhouse. They should only be able to beat him through some creative exploitation of his powers, and he should (obviously) be unmatched by Coulson's team in terms of strength.

I do worry that they'll nix the Asgard references and make him science based (as they did in Ang Lee's Hulk and in A:EMH). It would be cool (but extremely unlikely) if Loki is just screwing with Coulson's team from afar by randomly powering up some thug! That's how it happened in the comics (but replace Coulson with Thor, of course), and it would be a great tie in to Loki/Coulson's last interaction.

Yeah, I hope he's a real powerhouse. They should only be able to beat him through some creative exploitation of his powers, and he should (obviously) be unmatched by Coulson's team in terms of strength.

I do worry that they'll nix the Asgard references and make him science based (as they did in Ang Lee's Hulk and in A:EMH). It would be cool (but extremely unlikely) if Loki is just screwing with Coulson's team from afar by randomly powering up some thug! That's how it happened in the comics (but replace Coulson with Thor, of course), and it would be a great tie in to Loki/Coulson's last interaction.

I like the way you think. :)

Wondering if we'll see Thor on one of these AoS shows?

Wondering if we'll see Thor on one of these AoS shows?

That would be great, but I'd be reeeeaaallly surprised if we got one of the main 6 avengers to cameo. I'd love it if we did, though! It would be awesome to see Creel absorb some Uru from Mjolnir, or to see Thor interact with Phil (IMO they have a good relationship in Avengers, and Thor as Phil get impaled by Loki, so Thor would be really happy.)

Well I was surprised we got Sif! If we got Sif, why NOT a walk on from one of the Avengers?
I mean think about what a story it would be with Thor finding out Coulson's alive on top of it.

Well I was surprised we got Sif! If we got Sif, why NOT a walk on from one of the Avengers?
I mean think about what a story it would be with Thor finding out Coulson's alive on top of it.

I would love to see that story. I re-watched The Avengers the other night, and Phil is one of the only characters Thor has a real conversation with. Son of Odin and Son of Coul reunion would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"