Thor characters in the MCU

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by seahammer, Dec 29, 2013.

1. First Avenger

First Avenger Well-Known Member

Was it because of the reception the movie received?

2. one4smoke

one4smoke Well-Known Member

And your opinion of Sif and the Warriors Three? Heimdall? Jane?

3. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I'm with you on this bro. :up:

Nah it was because I had so much going on in my personal life.

4. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

I just added Lorelei from her appearance on Agents of SHIELD. The episode is still two weeks away, so if we get a better still of her I will update the post.

She has an Asgardian looking necklace on, but otherwise she's in earth clothes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Updated the pic of Lorelei to a screen grab of her in Asgardian clothes from the AoS episode TAHITI, instead of the still of her in biker clothes.

They did a decent job of capturing her look in the comics (color scheme, etc).

6. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

I just added Carl "Crusher" Creel, the Absorbing Man, to my list at the beginning of the thread.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think it's really cool that we're getting him. He's the perfect level character for the show, IMO, and it will be great to see him get his due in the MCU. I hope they can somehow include his Asgardian origins, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Ideally, he'll be a recurring villain. They can defeat him by dispersing him or something like in the comics, then he can come back later to retaliate.

When there is a better picture of the actor using his powers, I'll replace it in the original post. I do think the actor they chose is a good likeness. Really spot on, IMO.

7. Ragnaroknroll

Ragnaroknroll Well-Known Member

I had hoped Vin Diesel would play the Absorbing Man in a future Thor film but it's looking like Marvel has bigger plans in store for Vin (with all the Inhumans rumors going around). The actor they did get for the part though - dang if he doesn't look spot on! He looks perfect.

I just can't imagine SHIELD being able to take this guy down though without someone like Thor or Hulk. I hope they don't sell the character short or nerf his power set. Creel was never the brightest so hopefully some good writing can make it all believable. I do hope he can pop up in a film down the road or something. And I think I will definitely be disappointed if there's no reference to his Asgardian origins.

8. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Yeah, I hope he's a real powerhouse. They should only be able to beat him through some creative exploitation of his powers, and he should (obviously) be unmatched by Coulson's team in terms of strength.

I do worry that they'll nix the Asgard references and make him science based (as they did in Ang Lee's Hulk and in A:EMH). It would be cool (but extremely unlikely) if Loki is just screwing with Coulson's team from afar by randomly powering up some thug! That's how it happened in the comics (but replace Coulson with Thor, of course), and it would be a great tie in to Loki/Coulson's last interaction.

9. Ragnaroknroll

Ragnaroknroll Well-Known Member

I like the way you think. :)

10. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

^ Thanks!!

11. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Wondering if we'll see Thor on one of these AoS shows?

12. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

That would be great, but I'd be reeeeaaallly surprised if we got one of the main 6 avengers to cameo. I'd love it if we did, though! It would be awesome to see Creel absorb some Uru from Mjolnir, or to see Thor interact with Phil (IMO they have a good relationship in Avengers, and Thor as Phil get impaled by Loki, so Thor would be really happy.)

13. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well I was surprised we got Sif! If we got Sif, why NOT a walk on from one of the Avengers?
    I mean think about what a story it would be with Thor finding out Coulson's alive on top of it.

14. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

I would love to see that story. I re-watched The Avengers the other night, and Phil is one of the only characters Thor has a real conversation with. Son of Odin and Son of Coul reunion would be great.