THOR (July 16, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I hate it as well. I'm old school but I guess I'm of the "If you can't beat them join them" school of thought. It get's used so much around here that I've started to use it too.

I'm probably one of the most guilty offenders, being that I'm an old-school Captain Britain/Excalibur fan.

Sorry.

:D

^What he said^

Thor will destroy a generic Nolan sci-fi flick. Even if it's a good film (I'm thinking Serenity meets The Prestige) it still won't draw in general audiences. The Prestige was an October release but the Nolan/Bale/Jackman draw didn't generate any box office. TDK has NO effect here, unless Heath Ledger is resurrected to star in the sc-fi flick.

But TDK made 1 billion so if they will use "from the director of The Dark Knight"... A lot of people will know who made that sci-fi flick.

It could also mean that WB is very skeptical about Marvel meeting their announced dates and is positioning themselves to take advantage of any delays.

Marvel Studios (as an entity) is just getting their legs under them....Im not being a naysayer I just don't think the date they've announced is going to stick

It could also mean that WB is very skeptical about Marvel meeting their announced dates and is positioning themselves to take advantage of any delays.
That's not the first time I've read that same thought and I have to ask - in what way is WB in any position to judge if Marvel will make the date (they aren't following Marvel's internal developments), and is not Thor further along than Inception? Branagh was hired 5 months ago and spent those five months fine tuning the story/script and is now casting the lead, whereas WB just purchased Inception's script a couple of weeks ago, if that.

That's not the first time I've read that same thought and I have to ask - in what way is WB in any position to judge if Marvel will make the date (they aren't following Marvel's internal developments), and is not Thor further along than Inception? Branagh was hired 5 months ago and spent those five months fine tuning the story/script and is now casting the lead, whereas WB just purchased Inception's script a couple of weeks ago, if that.

WB publicly announced that they purchased Inception's script a couple of weeks ago. It's perfectly feasible that they've had the script for months. It's also perfectly feasible that it's going to be an idea driven science fiction movie rather than a special effects-fest and the timeframe they've set up is more than feasible. It's not like WB has no experience making pictures, They've made thousands, Marvel's made two.

Also, Hollywood is a company town. I'm pretty sure every studio knows what everyone else is doing, which actors are talking to whom, which special effects companies are tied up, what the financing situation is looking like, etc.

Thor will destroy a generic Nolan sci-fi flick. Even if it's a good film (I'm thinking Serenity meets The Prestige) it still won't draw in general audiences. The Prestige was an October release but the Nolan/Bale/Jackman draw didn't generate any box office. TDK has NO effect here, unless Heath Ledger is resurrected to star in the sc-fi flick.

I don't really care about which film will "win" out of Thor and Inception. I'm not of that Marvel VS DC/WB mentality. The way I see it, it just means July 16th will be one hell of a day for movies, and I can't wait to do a double-bill. :woot:

Indeed, and that's the way it should be, imo.

Why draw lines in the sand? Just enjoy all of these movies, regardless of what comic company they come from.

I think WB is playing "chicken". I think they've been watching the goings on with Thor. They're concerned about the possible sucess of Thor and what that means for The Avengers and any others such as Cap, Ant man etc. But now with this casting call for a young Thor :whatever:, WB sees a crack. If Marvel holds their ground, I can see WB moving their date.

Either way, I'm seeing Thor when it comes out. :woot:

That's just YJ1's schtick much like Advanced Dark/Blades Shades. They are very territorial about the Marvel based flicks.

Will one of them pee on something.....since we're talking about territory?

I think WB is playing "chicken". I think they've been watching the goings on with Thor. They're concerned about the possible sucess of Thor and what that means for The Avengers and any others such as Cap, Ant man etc. But now with this casting call for a young Thor :whatever:, WB sees a crack. If Marvel holds their ground, I can see WB moving their date.

Either way, I'm seeing Thor when it comes out. :woot:

Agreed! Plus when it comes to superheroes, WB is Marvel's biggest competition. I think depending on the buzz of Thor, you will see if WB stays or moves. I honestly don't think Thor will be released on its planned date. Heck, they don't even have any actors at all..........though I'm still waiting on some guy named Skarsgard to get the nod. :o

is there a patriotic spin to the Thor story? maybe it can be pushed up to july 4th weekend ;)

but seriously.. since marvel films controls this, they can adjust timing as needed, especially if the production doesn't ramp up like planned, or other delays..

i'm hoping Sif is a babe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back