Thor Teaser Trailer: How Was It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, back to the topic: My cousin wants to see TRON: Legacy sometime this week and I said I'd watch it again with her. Hoping for the Thor trailer this time. :up:

Anyway, back to the topic: My cousin wants to see TRON: Legacy sometime this week and I said I'd watch it again with her. Hoping for the Thor trailer this time. :up:

I went to see Tron in 3D and I hoped I would get to see the 3D Thor trailer just to see how it looked. I'm worried by the "in 2D in select theatres" crap.

It actually looked good in 3D though, at least what was in the trailer. Wasn't that obtrusive or cheesy. Seemed to fit with the action and flow well.

I'll go see it in both formats, but it didn't look like the 3D sucked like it normally looks in post conversion.

Was Thor shot with a 3d camera, or was it re-rendered afterward, like Clash of the Titans? Seeing COTT in 3d has almost turned me completely off the gimmick it was so bad, wouldn't even see Dawn Treader in it.

Was Thor shot with a 3d camera, or was it re-rendered afterward, like Clash of the Titans? Seeing COTT in 3d has almost turned me completely off the gimmick it was so bad, wouldn't even see Dawn Treader in it.

I heard that Thor will be rendered in 3D in post-production, but that doesn't mean it will suck. They still have plenty of time to make it look good if they try.

Titans 3D looked like crap because they tried to do it in about 2 months, they are taking much longer with Thor. Parts of Avatar were shot 2D and transfered, can you spot them - I sure as hell can't. Time & Money is all it takes....

If Thor is really awesome in 3D, I might check it out that way. If the 3D reviews aren't that great, I'm hitting a regular old theater with the 2D version.

I know it might sound silly, but to be honest, I hate sitting with those dumb glasses on. They become real distracting and uncomfortable to me.

If the 3d isn't as good as possible, it'll kill this movie's box office.

I'm sure, or at least certainly hope, they'll put in as much effort as possible to make it look good.

This movie already looks fairly dark visually, if the 3d makes it even darker, thats a problem

I heard that Thor will be rendered in 3D in post-production, but that doesn't mean it will suck. They still have plenty of time to make it look good if they try.

Non fx shots are being converted to 3d in post. Anything CGI is being done in 'real' 3d.
Think the same applies for Captain America, not sure about Green Lantern but that might well be the same.

Titans 3D looked like crap because they tried to do it in about 2 months, they are taking much longer with Thor. Parts of Avatar were shot 2D and transfered, can you spot them - I sure as hell can't. Time & Money is all it takes....

Well, I figure post conversion must still work out cheaper than just shooting everything with 3D cameras to begin with (why else do it that way?) but I'm not up to speed on just how the process works so I'm just guessing.

Seems to me though the biggest hurdle with post conversion is splitting the 2D image into the correct left/right angles to get a good stereoscopic effect. A lot of the 'fake' 3D stuff I've seen tends to have a cardboard cut-out effect (objects stand out from the background but there's no real depth to the object itself). Been a good while since I saw a 3D film at the theatres mind you (not even Avatar I must admit) so that might well have improved a lot.

Best 3d flicks i've seen were Beowulf and Avatar. Thats the kind of quality i'd look for in Thor. IDK, might see it in 2d first and wait for the 3d reviews before going a second time.

I'm waiting for the 3D conversion of Black Swan, myself.

Don't hold your breath.

Mila didn't.

I hate 3D with every part of my black little soul. I will see Thor in 2D. 3D is just a flashy distraction and I have yet to see any 3D that wasn't super gimmicky. The idea that the film will bomb without good 3D is ridiculous as well. A movie should stand on it's own legs and not rely on something like 3D to make it good. Bad 3D doesn't make a movie crap, poor storylines and plot devices make a movie bad.

Plus it would be impossible to master 127 martial arts in a human lifespan. That makes him superhuman by definition.

Batman is not "superhuman". Nor is Punisher. Thats okay though, thats what makes them awesome.
That's what confuses me about Batman. Some fans laud his lack of powers and superhuman abilities as the main selling point. But then other fans insist he is capable of ridiculous things like learning everything in the world. If he's cool because he's an "everyman that I can relate to"....you can't then claim he "can beat Superman in a fight". Pick a side already! :woot:

If Thor is really awesome in 3D, I might check it out that way. If the 3D reviews aren't that great, I'm hitting a regular old theater with the 2D version.

I know it might sound silly, but to be honest, I hate sitting with those dumb glasses on. They become real distracting and uncomfortable to me.
I'm silly along with you then. Tired, tired, tired of 3D. The glasses are irritating and it effects the film in a negative way for me.

I hate 3D with every part of my black little soul. I will see Thor in 2D. 3D is just a flashy distraction and I have yet to see any 3D that wasn't super gimmicky. The idea that the film will bomb without good 3D is ridiculous as well. A movie should stand on it's own legs and not rely on something like 3D to make it good. Bad 3D doesn't make a movie crap, poor storylines and plot devices make a movie bad.

IM2 managed to break $300 mil without it. Of course...every movie that grossed more used it....I'm sure the studios noticed that.

In all honesty I did not see Avatar in 3D, and I had not seen a 3D movie until just recently.

-It was Tangled and I went with my 4 year old daughter

I had no intention of seeing it in 3D, but the 2D showing was sold out and the next 2D showing wasn't for an hour vs a 3D that was just 15 minutes away.

3D was... whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... for my 4 year old daughter who thought it was pretty kewl.

I got it...certainly the best 3D effect was the Lanterns at the end...they really did feel like they were floating off the screen.... but in all honesty I wasn't BLOWN away, and it did remind me of the slightly nauseous feeling I had with the original 3D stuff... like Jaws 3D

If you didn't see Avatar in 3d, you missed out bigtime.

There are several examples of 3D done right and 3D done wrong. Tron and Avatar are examples of 3D done right. Clash of the Titans is a good example of it done wrong (not even counting it sucked in 1D, 2D, and 3D :)

It can be done well. They are still figuring things out. I don't mind films being released in 3D for those that like it or want to see it that way. What worries me is the "2D in select theaters" stuff.

It shouldn't become standard.

That's what confuses me about Batman. Some fans laud his lack of powers and superhuman abilities as the main selling point. But then other fans insist he is capable of ridiculous things like learning everything in the world. If he's cool because he's an "everyman that I can relate to"....you can't then claim he "can beat Superman in a fight". Pick a side already! :woot:

I agree. Superman would pimp-slap Batman like he owes him money in a fight. Period.

I could definitely see him outsmarting him or out scheming him, but in the end he's just going to get a big can of whupazz opened on himself.

Its an unfortunate tendency to make a character more and more powerful based on their increasing popularity. We've seen it with Wolverine as well. I love Wolverine but they have had him fighting with others he's not even in the same league with. Wolverine is more like Batman and Punisher IMO than the other powerful guys, at least in modus operandi. He could "hunt" the more powerful guys, but not really fight them straight out. Some he couldn't even touch.

I have to admit I still don't see the difference between Avatar and your typical 3D movie. I was pretty disappointed when I went to see it after hearing it's a game-changer, then getting the same stuff I got at the Hershey Park 3D show. Saw it in IMAX and forgot I was even watching 3D after an hour or so. I don't know anyone else who was blown away by it either. I looked at it a third time on a 3Dtv in a Best Buy today and didn't feel "IMMERSED INTO THE WORLD OF PANDORA" or anything. I like it and all, but it doesn't look any different than the typical stuff to me, and I'm way into 3D/HD tech/gadget-type stuff. The HD aspect of it kicked ash, though.

Well, I figure post conversion must still work out cheaper than just shooting everything with 3D cameras to begin with (why else do it that way?) but I'm not up to speed on just how the process works so I'm just guessing.

Look up "Fusion Camera System". There are some interesting YouTube videos on the subject as well as documentation. Basically the technology is still fairly new and this year marks the first year that movie productions are really catching on. The number of movies using it has been low, but that is going to change very soon.

I have to admit I still don't see the difference between Avatar and your typical 3D movie. I was pretty disappointed when I went to see it after hearing it's a game-changer, then getting the same stuff I got at the Hershey Park 3D show.

For you, as a customer, it's not easy to see how much of a "game-changer" it was. I've had the exhibitor perspective myself and it has been shocking to see how much one movie has overhauled the worldwide industry on my side of the projection room door.

Plus it would be impossible to master 127 martial arts in a human lifespan. That makes him superhuman by definition.

That my friend is called being overtly "popular", their's not even an explanation to why he was able to learn all of those.

When he's clearly a non powered "human", but that's what makes him who he is. I think this constant "overpowering" takes away the "unique" aspect of heroes like Cap & Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"