Should Thor be seen in Iron Man 2 first?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by topdog1, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Aluchak Registered

and while we're at it lets have an Ant-Man cameo, and a Hulk cameo, and a Cap cameo, and maybe even a Spider-Man cameo, and a Deadpool cameo, and a Batman cameo, etc

I think we should have ONLY a Cap cameo. At least it would relate to the plot line.

2. marcvader Lurker #1

I wouldn't mind some mention of either Blake or some super powered disturbance related to the weather.

3. Canis Sapiens Ragnarök and roll!

C'mon, guys... repeat with me... All together now...

[​IMG]

"There is no Blake."

:oldrazz:

4. Katsuro Registered

But they've cast Jane Foster, and haven't they said that a third of the movie will take place on modern day Earth? Doesn't that imply Donald Blake?

5. Canis Sapiens Ragnarök and roll!

Kevin Feige himself told in an interview that there won't be a Don Blake, so I'm going with him. Of course, things may change, but he was crystal clear about the whole issue, and it's the most official statement about Blake's presence in the film.
    I also believe Jane Foster will be Thor's love interest, and not Blake's. That would add to the whole conflict about a God who is so passionate about mortals that he ends up falling in love with one. If that's the case, Odin will have one more reason to be angry with his son...:cwink:

6. Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I think an end credits scene is the best way to have Thor in it. I'm pretty sure the GA would be confused about Thor before his own movie.

"Why is a god in Iron Man?" or something stupid like that.

7. UnionJack In training at MI:13

I think IF we do see him it will be brief ... like say as Tony is walking into Fury's office Thor is walking out.

Or we see a lightening storm going on during a battle.

8. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'd go for the latter. Keep it subtle. Just a big mess of storm activity all over the news in the background throughout scenes in the movie.

9. irishjosh Registered

I think so but just as a quick cameo

10. Denny67 Registered

I would love to see something like Fury talking with Stark at the end of the film. A cloudy night time scene where they are wrapping up a conversation about something (maybe even talking about Project Avenger). Just at the right point cutting off Fury mid-word there is an enormous thunder clap.

Fury nonchalantly looks to the sky and then back at Tony Stark and says something like “Speaking of which, I am late of an appointment.”

Fury enters a vehical and departs, Stark looks inquisitively at the camera (car POV) for a second then smirks… role credits.

Fanboy ***** for days.

Maybe role a mention in of Hulk and Cap in passing at various points in the movie. Nothing too in depth.

11. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

That could work out well denny67. I am sure im2 is going to throw in something of hulk/thor likely. As for cap it would be nice to to lead to cap solo film. I think thor will be to busy with his godly stuff to throw a bone to cap.

12. Denny67 Registered

Maybe youa re right about about Cap. After all, they already gave a nod to the Super Soldier program in Hulk. No need to run it into the ground. ;)

13. Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Seeing Thor just walking out of a place randomly would be so weird.

14. Grommers King Grommers

I personally hope for a cameo for thor..the hype and excitement, and it will get people talking about him more..like "who is this guy?"

15. Spidey-Quad Registered

Perhaps a vague statement on how Howard Stark once met this kook that claimed to be a norse god. Something from past lore, Thor is near imortal.