• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

The long slow walk is epic, Quentin Tarantino is crying tears of joy somewhere.

Anyone seen the new trailer on the big screen yet? Details, I want details! What was the audience reaction? Chatter? Chuckling? Cheering? ... Chirping crickets?

^ Good question, I'm suprised it hasn't already been asked.

Anyone seen the new trailer on the big screen yet? Details, I want details! What was the audience reaction? Chatter? Chuckling? Cheering? ... Chirping crickets?

Well we definitely know what fans of Loki/Tom think of this trailer..and boy..to say that they love it would be a big understatement.

I saw Elysium on Friday, and no Thor trailer. I was so pissed. They showed six trailers, and every time there was a pause before the next one I was like "pleeeeease!" (When I saw IM3, same thing happened: no Thor teaser.) Grrrrr.

Well we definitely know what fans of Loki/Tom think of this trailer..and boy..to say that they love it would be a big understatement.

Tell me about it! But I'm more after general audience reactions. The stuff that spreads word of mouth and ultimately puts butts in seats.

I saw Elysium on Friday, and no Thor trailer. I was so pissed. They showed six trailers, and every time there was a pause before the next one I was like "pleeeeease!" (When I saw IM3, same thing happened: no Thor teaser.) Grrrrr.

How was that?

So which movie are they going to stick the new trailer if it wasn't on Elysium?

I had heard that it would definitely be attached to Elysium. Well, that's disappointing!

(Screwed up world, right? Once upon a time we couldn't wait for the trailers to be over :woot: )

Never heard that. Idk, I go to the movies alot, and I hardly ever see MCU trailers. I go to the movies anywhere from once a week to once every 2 weeks, and I only saw the Ironman 3 trailer a total of 3 times in theaters.

Is there another semi-big budget thing coming out this month? Maybe attached to that.

Killian kidnapped and tortured Pepper, both to punish her for rejecting him and to use her as leverage to make Tony help with Extremis. After all she went through at his hands it was fitting that she delivered the death blow. Best of all, the ending of Iron Man 3 turned the lame-ass "Hero saves his defenseless girlfriend" trope on its ear. But then, the entire movie did nothing but subvert worn-out genre tropes for 2.25 hours, which is probably why so many hate it.

Also in that moment, calling back to earlier, she literally becomes "the one thing [he] can't live without".

Mjölnir;26603237 said:
I really liked the score of the first movie but from the looks of this trailer I think this should have a bit of a darker score, at least for parts of it. This new threat is much more malevolent than Loki was, as he never was truly evil. I still want to see some themes being reused by the new composer though, although with as much change that's been done to the visuals I guess the music is pretty likely to change as well, new composer and all.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the score in the first film. Liked it but didn't love it. I often thought it was overly bombastic rather than epic.

Hemsworth looks different in that gif. Thinner or something.

He caught the malnourish from hanging around Evans too much! They must be quarantined before it spreads further!

Last edited:
Yes, he and Evans only look very jacked now, as opposed to supremely jacked.

I thought it was a good trailer, especially from a marketing standpoint.

Lots of Hemsworth and Hiddleston, along with a little reminder about the Avengers connection.

On a slightly less positive note, I don't think it really establishes a very strong narrative. I know the comics well, and I know all the Marvel studios movies, and I still feel a bit in the dark as to what this film is actually going to be about.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing at this point. Looking forward to this!

I only saw the first one when I went to see Lone Ranger with my sister. Her comment to me was "Remind me not to go see that." :whatever:

btw, not a peep other than my sister from the audience.

Tony was at Stane's mercy and in no position to defeat him.By definition,Pepper absolutely was the one that "beat" him.
Tony was fighting Stane and when he got in a bad situation he came up with an idea to beat his foe, which included telling Pepper to push some buttons. Pepper was a tool that Tony used at that point.

The point still stands, Tony would be dead if it weren't for Pepper.

And Pepper would've been dead a thousand times over without Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarMachine95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"