The Warriors 3 Thread of T:TDW

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Hi.
Since this thread didn't exist and I didn't want derail the News&Speculation thread, I decided to start this baby here.

The question I have is, what do you think will be the role of Hogun, Fandral and Volstagg in Thor: The Dark World? Will they have a small storyarc of their own? In which way will they aid Thor in his arc? Will they take part in the fight against Malekith?

Edit: the minute I submitted this thread I noticed the typo in the title, so if a mod with the power to chance it could change it I would appreciate that very much.

Last edited:
I'd like for their roles to be larger and I don't want them sharing all of their screentime with Sif making them seem like The Warrior's 4.

I just really want to see Volstagg explore more of his status as a famous eater and heavyset person. I have a feeling they sort of glossed over the voluminous part in the first one so that kids don't learn to bully heavyset people or encourage childhood obesity.

I want to see more of a Volstagg who's always eating and always hungry!

The other two I don't care much for.

I don't care much for Volstagg's eating to be honest, in fact my favorite member of the Warrior's 3 is Hogun.

He didn't really have as many lines or cool action shots as Fandral, Volstagg, or Sif in the first film.

I hope they rework Volstaggs beard a little bit. There were scenes in the first movie when the beard was so obvious fake looking...

Personally I hope they have Warriors III andSif go WITH Thor on a Quest. Being a fan of Blood Oath to ME that was the BEST story yet with the Three.

Personally I hope they have Warriors III andSif go WITH Thor on a Quest. Being a fan of Blood Oath to ME that was the BEST story yet with the Three.

Hi Vartha, since you are a mod would you be so kind & add the second 'r' and the missing apostroph to the thread title?

More food for Volstagg before he punishes asgardians.

I'd like for their roles to be larger and I don't want them sharing all of their screentime with Sif making them seem like The Warrior's 4.

This. Screw Darcy, give these characters and Heimdall more screen time.

I agree that the Warrior's 3 and Sif should spend less time together this time.

Yeah it almost made them seem like the Warrior's 4, I'd also like for them to get their own fight scene seperate from Thor.

Oh and like I said in another thread, I want them showcase their superhuman attributes this time around.

I'd like to see their strength and sPeed played up. A bit like the gods vs titans fight in "Immortals". They seem like formidable dudes and all but they'd be way out of their element in any combat scenario on modern Earth. It'd be interesting to see them face like, SAS, Navy SEALs or sPetznaz.

^ There's a comic where The Warrior's 3 EASILY wipe out an entire earthly army including tanks and other armored vehicles.

Now THAT's the kind of power I want to see The Warrior's Three and the rest of the Asgardians display on film.

Being fair, we saw what Loki did in Avengers, and while the Warriors Three don't have the magical tricks, they are probably bare minimum as physically capable as him, probably moreso. While taking on a whole army would probably be a *little* much ( if nothing else, I don't see any of them being fond of playing Catch The 2000 Lb Bomb ), I really can't see anything short of anti-tank weapons actually scratching them.

I know we're not gonna see them do anything this epic, but I would LOVE for Hogun (my favorite) to get a moment like this.

milwsh.jpg
nzkks6.jpg

I can't find a Sif thread, so I'll put this here...
Lady Sif is on her way back to Asgard...
Screenshot2012-10-27at14250PM.png

I can't find a Sif thread, so I'll put this here...
Lady Sif is on her way back to Asgard...

I hope her flight was today (reasonable chance, I would say). They're expecting significant disruption to Newark and JFK tomorrow. (LaGuardia too, but I don't think they have international flights).

Hope we now start to get some Warriors 3 info. Things have been too quiet for me. Somebody tweet something from behind the scenes. But if you do, don't get caught and fired!

I hope she is feeling better. Already a bit devastated that they had to remove her from at least one scene.

I hope her flight was today (reasonable chance, I would say). They're expecting significant disruption to Newark and JFK tomorrow. (LaGuardia too, but I don't think they have international flights).

Looks like she didn't make it out in time. :(

Screenshot2012-10-28at74701PM.png

I hope she is feeling better. Already a bit devastated that they had to remove her from at least one scene.

Not gonna lie, I'm in favor of a little more of the Warrior's 3 and a little less Sif.

She had more lines than all of them combined in the first film, which is a sad things for us Warrior's 3 fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"