or Coipel's take:

thor_8.jpg

THOR010.jpg

thor7var.jpg

cover-large.jpg

Thor_600_DellOttoVariant.jpg

THOR600_COV.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Coipel's fits in better with the other Avenger while Ages of Thunder is a good fit for the solo movie.

Last edited:
I'd go with the Ages of Thunder one. Perfect for an origin story in ancient times or in Asgard.

But I agree with you, maybe it isn't the better one for Thor to use in modern times. Imagine him wearing that in New York...

Maybe the government guys in the Avengers could give him a new, more modern costume. This plot point could even serve a humorous scene in the movie.

Let's face it, a guy dressed in viking clothes in modern times it's a hard sell for the general public. :oldrazz:

I think this fits in better. I think the colors shouldn't be too bright, like Superman's. I like this burgandy better than bright red. And with the actor now having time to work out, there's no need to use long sleeves to pad undefined arms. :hehe:

I think definitely the "Ages of Thunder" costume for his own film and any time he has scenes in asgard, visiting his father or whatever. Because the colors are toned down, it actual looks like some sort of midevil, Lord of the Rings type garb, which is fitting. In this form, even the helmet doesn't look ridiculous.

For his time with the Avengers, I would do something that is a solid mix of the Ultimate suit and his current look (Coipel).
No helmet on the avengers suit. I think it'd be really cool for the audience to know he's a "God" from seeing his solo movie, but when Fury recruits him for the Avengers, no one believes him. Fury wants the public to be comfortable with their new heroes, so he gives Thor a more "modern superhero" type suit, which Thor doesn't quite understand the need for, but plays along, not wanting to be "off-putting to the people of mid-gard." He puts on the costume and Fury grins and asks "There, that's not so bad is it?" Thor goes to put on the helmet and Fury loses the grin, saying "No helmet Goldilocks." Thor looks puzzled as Fury walks away, and places his helmet next to the rest of his asgardian wardrobe.

I think it'd be cool to have a scene though where the Ultimates get into a battle and Thor isn't there, but when he hears about it, he doesn't have time to change into his "avengers suit" and doesn't have his helmet, but still has his cape. He gets there, they fight whoever, and as they stand stand around after the battle, helping and such, a kid runs up to thor and says "whoa...I like your cape." Thor grins, saying "thank you, young one." Then maybe next time Fury sees Thor, he has the cape on and Fury starts to say "I thought I told you-" but Thor cuts him off and says "The cape stays, Fury."

I don't know, just kind of thinking outloud...or online anyway.

I think the visual design of the top half of the Coipel suit, minus the cape, with some of the textures and the bottom half of the Ultimates suit would work pretty well, at least as a starting point. I think I'll do some sketches...

PS
I'd go with the 616 hammer. Perosnally, if I were in charge, the whole Avengers movie would be ultimates based, but I understand the importance of the 616, being the original universe, and I see no reason that the original hammer shouldn't be used, especially with the thor film set in asgard. When he comes to join the avengers, I see no reason to replace it either, as no one could make a new better hammer, so keep it. I do think that marvel films should be sort of the meeting place for ultimate and original universes, taking elements from both of marvel's core universes where they are appropriate.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to explain anything. He's Thor the god of thunder and he doesn't have to do what any mortal tells him especially the way he dresses which is what he has worn all his life. Especially in the first flick, I doubt he mingles with anyone in the public anyways. The guy is larger than life and from somewhere else, not some timetraveler that looks funny.

Fury wants the public to be comfortable with their new heroes, so he gives Thor a more "modern superhero" type suit, which Thor doesn't quite understand the need for, but plays along, not wanting to be "off-putting to the people of mid-gard." He puts on the costume and Fury grins and asks "There, that's not so bad is it?" Thor goes to put on the helmet and Fury loses the grin, saying "No helmet Goldilocks." Thor looks puzzled as Fury walks away, and places his helmet next to the rest of his asgardian wardrobe.

That would be a pretty funny scene.

It's also not Viking clothe by the way. Thor is an Asgardian if anything he is more akin with an alien. If the guy has gone into battle his entire life wearing what he does, however long that may be, and he is here to protect us you think people have the nerve to be offput by what he wears? It's like telling Superman to stop wearing his jammies and cape in public nevermind that your protecting us.

I don't think you need to explain anything. He's Thor the god of thunder and he doesn't have to do what any mortal tells him especially the way he dresses which is what he has worn all his life. Especially in the first flick, I doubt he mingles with anyone in the public anyways. The guy is larger than life and from somewhere else, not some timetraveler that looks funny.

But that's the point. To everyone else, he would look like a funny looking time traveler. Even the people who hired him (Shield, fury, avengers) wouldn't be quite sure of who he is. Thor is venturing here with the understanding that he will be assissting a team whose job it is to make the world a better place. You would think that even though he might not quite understand the habits and customs of our world, he'd make an effort to accomodate those he'd be helping. If he didn't, that's be like if I went to germany and decided I wasn't going to try and learn some german before I went, and when I got there, I still tried to keep speaking english to people who didn't know it.

Your right that he doesn't have to do what anyone tells him to do, but if he went around not listening to people, how would Fury convince him to join the Avengers in the first place? I think Thor would be smart enough to know that people would take to his presence alot easier if he appealed to them on their level. Especially if they end up using the Donald Blake persona to bridge the gap between Thor and humanity/asgard and midgard.

It's also not Viking clothe by the way. Thor is an Asgardian if anything he is more akin with an alien. If the guy has gone into battle his entire life wearing what he does, however long that may be, and he is here to protect us you think people have the nerve to be offput by what he wears? It's like telling Superman to stop wearing his jammies and cape in public nevermind that your protecting us.

Don't get me wrong; I'm fine with any costume they decide to use. But I just think that you risk making your movie enter into cheesy/comedic territory when you have a protagonist dressed up as a person from ancient times walking in Times Square for example.

But what the hell do I know? Maybe Brannagh/Favreau (who may be the Avengers director, according to scoops) can make it work. I just can't see it, that's all. :cwink:

Last edited:
Go with the original (with a Ultimatish-like Beard) for his own movie and lose the beard and have a modern costume for Avengers.

For his time with the Avengers, I would do something that is a solid mix of the Ultimate suit and his current look (Coipel).
No helmet on the avengers suit. I think it'd be really cool for the audience to know he's a "God" from seeing his solo movie, but when Fury recruits him for the Avengers, no one believes him. Fury wants the public to be comfortable with their new heroes, so he gives Thor a more "modern superhero" type suit, which Thor doesn't quite understand the need for, but plays along, not wanting to be "off-putting to the people of mid-gard." He puts on the costume and Fury grins and asks "There, that's not so bad is it?" Thor goes to put on the helmet and Fury loses the grin, saying "No helmet Goldilocks." Thor looks puzzled as Fury walks away, and places his helmet next to the rest of his asgardian wardrobe.

I think it'd be cool to have a scene though where the Ultimates get into a battle and Thor isn't there, but when he hears about it, he doesn't have time to change into his "avengers suit" and doesn't have his helmet, but still has his cape. He gets there, they fight whoever, and as they stand stand around after the battle, helping and such, a kid runs up to thor and says "whoa...I like your cape." Thor grins, saying "thank you, young one." Then maybe next time Fury sees Thor, he has the cape on and Fury starts to say "I thought I told you-" but Thor cuts him off and says "The cape stays, Fury."

I don't know, just kind of thinking outloud...or online anyway.
I actually think if done right, this could be a hilarious scene. And Thor doesn't have to come across as "following orders dutifully" but more like "wt-f is up with these fashion police idiots". But he does it to fit into this strange world, but in the end he wears his cape. To hell with Nick. :oldrazz:

Don't get me wrong; I'm fine with any costume they decide to use. But I just think that you risk making your movie enter into cheesy/comedic territory when you have a protagonist dressed up as a person from ancient times walking in Times Square for example.

But what the hell do I know? Maybe Brannagh/Favreau (who may be the Avengers director, according to scoops) can make it work. I just can't see it, that's all. :cwink:
Now we're getting into the 2nd persona. Superman has Kent. If Thor is going to go to a broadway play with his buddies in NYC, then he'll have to ditch the cape & wear a pair of jeans. Enter... Dr Blake or whatever his name is (same actor).

I actually think if done right, this could be a hilarious scene. And Thor doesn't have to come across as "following orders dutifully" but more like "wt-f is up with these fashion police idiots". But he does it to fit into this strange world, but in the end he wears his cape. To hell with Nick. :oldrazz:

EXACTLY.:woot:

Assuming his solo movie is set in Asgard, this:

3351186991_a57fa8bf08.jpg

For Avengers, this:

bioultimatethor.jpg

My personal favourite is the current comics look designed by Coipiel. But I wouldn't complain about something akin to his Ages of Thunder attire either.

But whatever Thor wears in his solo film, he should carry over to The Avengers. You're not gonna ask Iron Man to change into a plain silver suit for Avengers, you're not gonna put Captain America in plain army fatigues for Avengers, and you're not gonna remove Thor's Viking attire for Avengers either.

My personal favourite is the current comics look designed by Coipiel. But I wouldn't complain about something akin to his Ages of Thunder attire either.

But whatever Thor wears in his solo film, he should carry over to The Avengers. You're not gonna ask Iron Man to change into a plain silver suit for Avengers, you're not gonna put Captain America in plain army fatigues for Avengers, and you're not gonna remove Thor's Viking attire for Avengers either.

I don't mind if Thor wears the same costume in his solo movie and in The Avengers movie, and I don't mind if he doesn't either.

That said, I think the Iron Man/Captain America comparison is a little off. It's not unusual to see superhero costumes changing from sequel to sequel. It's not that big deal. Batman, The X-Men, Spider-Man, The Punisher, The Fantastic Four... all of them had their costumes altered for some reason (that reason being in the script or not).

That will be more evident if they go with The Ultimates route: Cap had his WWII uniform changed to a modernized version when he joined the team. I think they can do the same with Thor, it wouldn't be that absurd. And the costume change doesn't need to be something imposed by Shield or whatever. Thor himself could modernize his clothes, he's kind of a vain guy sometimes, I could accept that. :word:

Last edited:
And the costume change doesn't need to be something imposed by Shield or whatever. Thor himself could modernize his clothes, he's kind of a vain guy sometimes, I could accept that. :word:
I can see it now, Thor wears Coipel in Thor movie. He comes to earth, watches the movie 300, sees the ladies swooning over a half naked Gerard Butler... He stands up, rips the sleaves off, even rips the leggins off. A 300 version of ages of thunder. Stares at himself in the mirror

"I am the fairest of them All!"

He walks toward the door, Nick spots him. "What the mother f'n bleep are you wearing" (in his SLJ style of speech :word:)

Thor yanks at Nick's eye piece, slaps it back. "Thou shall not speak to thee in that way."

Then Thor walks out onto the street. A wind blows up his long shirt top, his butt & dr manhattan's exposed, women swoon... :woot:

----

Juts having some fun here guys....

But then the movie would be rated R. You know what that did for the Watchmen BO. :oldrazz::woot:

I dig Coipel's the most.

I agree, go with a modern yet classic chain mail look. Something that looks like it was forged perfectly by gods and then the humans Viking Nordics ect ect tried to do thier best to emulate.

I can see it now, Thor wears Coipel in Thor movie. He comes to earth, watches the movie 300, sees the ladies swooning over a half naked Gerard Butler... He stands up, rips the sleaves off, even rips the leggins off. A 300 version of ages of thunder. Stares at himself in the mirror

"I am the fairest of them All!"

He walks toward the door, Nick spots him. "What the mother f'n bleep are you wearing" (in his SLJ style of speech :word:)

Thor yanks at Nick's eye piece, slaps it back. "Thou shall not speak to thee in that way."

Then Thor walks out onto the street. A wind blows up his long shirt top, his butt & dr manhattan's exposed, women swoon... :woot:

----

Juts having some fun here guys....
:funny: That's a funny.

I like the Coipel look the problem with it though is that chainmail isnt form fitting and it would take away from the actors, hopefully Skars, ability to show off his new physique. Alot of Thor's raw power is conveyed through his arms.

I agree. That's one of the reasons I prefer the Ages of Thunder one.

Gah! It's not Ages of Thunder; it's Ages of Asgard.

:D

And I'll add this:
thor-man-of-war-20081121061815265.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"